GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rubbish Zoo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/09/02 at 21:34
Regular
Went to London Zoo yesterday. hadn't been there in years, was really looking forward to it.
And it sucked. Big time.

1st stop the "Reptile House" with pics of snakes and stuff. Except in each display case what did I see? Logs. I think I saw the back of a snake in one, but mostly logs. It was crap. "The Spitting Cobra", cool! No, a log.
You should have keepers that lean in with a stick and angry up the snakes so you can actually see them.
Instead of logs. I can see logs anywhere, look, there's one right outside my window.
Rubbish.

Saw the Lions.
Except we saw 1 lion. It was sleeping. Again, there should have been some sort of prodding to make it move. But it just slept, and you could only just see the damn thing. "The master of the jungle, impressive and regal" said the card.
I saw a flea-bitten, sleeping stupid lion.

Monkeys.
Usually these are comedy gold. Pure, absolute simian-hilarity. Except the Silverback just sat there and looked bored and the 2 chimps hung up the top of the cage and stared at the floor.
I think they were monged on something, because I've seen monkeys on the television and they move and do things.
These apathetic apes just chilled and did nothing at all.

Mammals.
Ok, now this made me angry. It was billed as "Giant Anteater".
I was expecting house-sized. But this thing was no bigger than a family dog. Hardly giant is it? It just shuffled about and then went into it's hut thing. "Giant"? No. It should have been called "Staggeringly Normal Anteater"

We saw two orange wolves. Orange wolves? Ever heard of those? Nor me, I think they were foxes and they just made up some crap about them being rare and from somewhere else. They just lay there asleep as well. Disappointing? Yes. Predatory Canines? Nope.

And no elephants. They were on the map thing, but nobody had seen them or could find them. Biggest animals to walk the land and nobody could find them. Bunch of pants. Penguins stank and hid.

All in all, a rubbish day out. Although I did fit 2 doughnuts in my mouth at once. But I almost choked and had to poke them with some keys to create air holes.

Don't go to London Zoo, it's rubbish.
Sun 29/09/02 at 21:38
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
What time did you go to the zoo?
Sun 29/09/02 at 21:38
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Goatboy wrote:

> 1st stop the "Reptile House" with pics of snakes and stuff.
> Except in each display case what did I see? Logs. I think I saw the
> back of a snake in one, but mostly logs. It was crap. "The
> Spitting Cobra", cool! No, a log.

That cobra reared up at me and my mate...

We tapped on the glass and it got all p|ssed off!

The rest of it was crap, apart from the Penguins...

Bear mountain had only just been built and the bear just kept swaying side to side in front of an access door!
Sun 29/09/02 at 21:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
London Zoo is fantastic, if you're in the right mood.
By any chance, did you see the slender loris? Or the Giant Jumping Rat
"It's Giant!"
Sun 29/09/02 at 21:36
Regular
"$Cash or Cheque$"
I know the Belfast Zoo is really bad the polar bears are just sitting there getting splashed by the waterfall.
Sun 29/09/02 at 21:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Went to London Zoo yesterday. hadn't been there in years, was really looking forward to it.
And it sucked. Big time.

1st stop the "Reptile House" with pics of snakes and stuff. Except in each display case what did I see? Logs. I think I saw the back of a snake in one, but mostly logs. It was crap. "The Spitting Cobra", cool! No, a log.
You should have keepers that lean in with a stick and angry up the snakes so you can actually see them.
Instead of logs. I can see logs anywhere, look, there's one right outside my window.
Rubbish.

Saw the Lions.
Except we saw 1 lion. It was sleeping. Again, there should have been some sort of prodding to make it move. But it just slept, and you could only just see the damn thing. "The master of the jungle, impressive and regal" said the card.
I saw a flea-bitten, sleeping stupid lion.

Monkeys.
Usually these are comedy gold. Pure, absolute simian-hilarity. Except the Silverback just sat there and looked bored and the 2 chimps hung up the top of the cage and stared at the floor.
I think they were monged on something, because I've seen monkeys on the television and they move and do things.
These apathetic apes just chilled and did nothing at all.

Mammals.
Ok, now this made me angry. It was billed as "Giant Anteater".
I was expecting house-sized. But this thing was no bigger than a family dog. Hardly giant is it? It just shuffled about and then went into it's hut thing. "Giant"? No. It should have been called "Staggeringly Normal Anteater"

We saw two orange wolves. Orange wolves? Ever heard of those? Nor me, I think they were foxes and they just made up some crap about them being rare and from somewhere else. They just lay there asleep as well. Disappointing? Yes. Predatory Canines? Nope.

And no elephants. They were on the map thing, but nobody had seen them or could find them. Biggest animals to walk the land and nobody could find them. Bunch of pants. Penguins stank and hid.

All in all, a rubbish day out. Although I did fit 2 doughnuts in my mouth at once. But I almost choked and had to poke them with some keys to create air holes.

Don't go to London Zoo, it's rubbish.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.