GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A question of humour."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/07/08 at 22:39
Regular
Random question.

Sarcasm is often criticised as the lowest form of wit, so what do you think is the highest?

Oh, and tell me a joke. I want one from each of you.

Alfonse.
Thu 10/07/08 at 15:27
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I still dont get it. :(
Thu 10/07/08 at 15:24
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
That's quite brilliant. Consider it stolen!
Thu 10/07/08 at 14:45
Regular
"Twenty quid."
ButchML wrote:
> I don't get it...

The easiest way to describe it is: it's a joke about a joke. With the "genie and three wishes" jokes everybody expects the punchline to be a misunderstanding, e.g. "and that's why I've got a twelve inch pianist". I like jokes that have unexpected punchlines.

"Doctor, doctor! Every time I look in the mirror I get an erection!"
"That's because you look like a c**t!"
Thu 10/07/08 at 11:56
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Sarcasm (Or even dry humour) isn't the lowest form of humour as far as I see it, toilet humour is. And I indulge in both an awful lot when I'm in pubs...
Thu 10/07/08 at 11:26
Regular
"Hello?"
Hard to find a joke that would be suitable for all ages etc. On that point why do we always find things so funny that ethically we shouldn't? lol weird huh?

Bob was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was really angry.

She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the
driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE !!"

The next morning he got up early and left for work. When his wife woke
up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box
gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway.

Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, brought
the box back in the house.

She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.

Bob has been missing since Friday
Thu 10/07/08 at 11:26
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
I'm choosing to ignore Luetchy...

Got one "My dog jumped in the washing machine yesterday. Don't worry, at least he died in comfort."
Thu 10/07/08 at 11:15
Regular
Hmm like butch 99% of the jokes I know are hugely inappropiate for a forum such as this :)

As for sarcasm, a well timed sarcastic remark can have me laughing hysterically.

Oh wait I just remembered a funny joke, the Tottenham football team.
Thu 10/07/08 at 11:09
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Haha, nice Timmargh :D

I quite like sarcasm, it has it's moments, but can also be very annoying!

During their silver anniversary, a wife reminded her husband: Do you remember when you proposed to me, I was so overwhelmed that I didn't talk for an hour?" The hubby replied: "Yes, honey, that was the happiest hour of my life."
Thu 10/07/08 at 09:10
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Timmargh wrote:
> This guy walks into a pub. As he sits down on a barstool the
> barman notices that he has an orange for a head, so he asks him:
> "Excuse me, but why have you got an orange for a
> head."
> The guy replies: "Well, it's a funny story. I was walking
> through the woods one day when I found a lamp -- I gave it a good
> polish and a genie popped out and granted me three wishes. I
> wished for a million pounds, which I got. Then I wished that I
> could understand women, which I now can. And then I wished for an
> orange for a head."

I don't get it...

Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit, but it's one of the highest forms of intelligence :)

I can't think of any funny jokes right now that aren't racist, rude or just plain wrong. If I think of one to put in here I'll let you know!
Thu 10/07/08 at 00:24
Regular
"Twenty quid."
It's only considered the lowest form by people who are no good at it.

This guy walks into a pub. As he sits down on a barstool the barman notices that he has an orange for a head, so he asks him: "Excuse me, but why have you got an orange for a head."
The guy replies: "Well, it's a funny story. I was walking through the woods one day when I found a lamp -- I gave it a good polish and a genie popped out and granted me three wishes. I wished for a million pounds, which I got. Then I wished that I could understand women, which I now can. And then I wished for an orange for a head."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.