GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PERFECT DARK RULES"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/09/02 at 13:53
Regular
perfect dark is the best N64 game ever, except for ZELDA 1. ZElda 2 is also cool because it is on a golden cartridge. Back to PD... BANG
Sun 29/09/02 at 10:14
Regular
"Brrrrr."
PD RULES!
Sun 29/09/02 at 01:05
Regular
Well naturally i missed out some of the unknowns like Donkey Kong games, Giftipa and then there is a whole load of mystery titles that HAL, Silicon Knights and other Nintendo teams are currently working on. What will Retro do after metroid? Are Silicon working on Too Human and could HAL be bringing back Earthbound? We'll see.
Sun 29/09/02 at 00:47
Regular
I was saying that you've missed out a fair few exclusives on top of that! But I can't be bothered to list them, as that list is brilliant on it's own.
Sun 29/09/02 at 00:21
Regular
I had to be very careful not to include multi-format games.

I'd love to rave on bout Mafia and True Crime etc...
Sun 29/09/02 at 00:18
Regular
Tell it Dringo!

It's also worth noting that you've missed a fair few games out, and in tests, the GameCube has been proven to match what the X-Box can do in terms of polygons.
Sun 29/09/02 at 00:15
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
> Splinter Cell doesn't come close to Resident Evil in graphics? LOL,
> thats why it won the bets graphics award at both E3 and the X02 game
> show, mnot to mention the award for best game at X02 and other game
> shows.

First of all, I've seen screenshots for Splinter Cell alongside screenshots for Resident Evil and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise Resident Evil is MUCH better. Splinter Cell looks quite dodgy, and even if it did win best graphics at E3 (which I haven't heard anything about), it's multi-format! Secondly, X02 is an X-Box games show. They're hardly going to compare games from other formats are they?

> I don't need to look any harder at the GameCube release list, I have
> looked enough already.

Fair enough, that's your loss.
Sat 28/09/02 at 23:25
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
> Splinter Cell doesn't come close to Resident Evil in graphics? LOL,
> thats why it won the bets graphics award at both E3 and the X02 game
> show, mnot to mention the award for best game at X02 and other game
> shows. I don't need to look any harder at the GameCube release list, I
> have looked enough already.

You blatently haven't you one sided biased fool.

I have taken an interest in X-box cause of Rare, Microsoft are enemy number 1 to me i hate them more than any company in the bussiness... i just like Rare. Nintendo's line up is always kept secret as opposed to Sony's and Microsoft's as Nintendo take so long to make games.

How can you even consider Resident Evil or in particular Resident Evil 0 to not looking as good as Splinter Cell? Yes the X-box can push more polygons but there are far more polygons in Resident Evil characters than splinter cells cause the backgrounds are pre-rendered. And due to the new real time rendering the backdrops do look real, and cause of that the game looks far better than anything on the X-box till someone does the same.

Now just for my ammusment lets take a look at some of these awesome Exclusive titles expected on the Cube that you have misfortunatly overlooked.

Adventure game:

Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil, Starfox Adventures, Final Fantasy Chronicals, The Legend of Zelda, Skies of Arcadia legend, Phantasy Star online, Lost Kingdoms, Phantasy Star Online Card Battle,

First Person Shooters:

Best Version of Timesplitters 2, Die Hard, Metroid Prime. (although i'd love to mention Return to castle Wolfenstein, Jedi Outcast, Medal of Honor, Ghost Recon and XIII).

Third person shooters:

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, Resident Evil 1,2,3,Code Veronica and 4, Star Wars Rogue squadron 2, Starfox.

Multiplayer games:

Mario Tennis, Super Smash Brothers, Super Monkey Ball, Mario Golf, Mario Kart,

Puzzle games:

Super Monkey Ball 2, Zoocube, super Monkey Ball.

Sports games:

Beach Spikers, NBA Courtiside, Mario Tennis, Mario golf.

Platformers:

Wario's World, Mario Sunshine... YOU DO NOT BEAT NINTENDO AT THE GENRE THEY INVENTED!, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Mega Collection.

Stratagy:

Pikmin, Doshin the Giant.

Fighting:

Bloody roar: Primal Fury, Bloody Roar 4, Super Smash Brothers melee, Wrestlemania X8. (no serious beat em up will beat Soul Calibur 2 though).

Racing games:

Mario Kart, 1080: white storm, Wave Race: Blue Storm, F Zero GC,

And Just for you Cell shaded games:

The Legend of Zelda and Tales of Phantasia. Although hats of to JSRF it was for a long time the only reason why I wanted an x-box.

AND TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL IS A MULTI-FORMAT GAME!
Sat 28/09/02 at 22:49
Regular
You nonse!

Although Perfect Dark first appeared on the N64, it's latest game will appear on the Xbox! :-)
Sat 28/09/02 at 22:39
Regular
"BOSE"
no disrespect or anything here, mate, but...

what the .... has N64 got to do with XBOX? put that post in the N64 forums
Sat 28/09/02 at 14:01
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
and the X02 game
> show, mnot to mention the award for best game at X02

uhh...you do realise that is an 'X-BOX SHOW', as in, there are no other consoles or other consoles games there...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.