GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PERFECT DARK RULES"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/09/02 at 13:53
Regular
perfect dark is the best N64 game ever, except for ZELDA 1. ZElda 2 is also cool because it is on a golden cartridge. Back to PD... BANG
Fri 27/09/02 at 13:53
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
perfect dark is the best N64 game ever, except for ZELDA 1. ZElda 2 is also cool because it is on a golden cartridge. Back to PD... BANG
Fri 27/09/02 at 13:59
Regular
?

Reply and all it's contents Copyright ©1999, ©2000, ©2001, ©2002. The ? logo and all related items are registered trademarks of Dark Mark® Enterprises™. All rights reserved.
Fri 27/09/02 at 14:06
Regular
Very strange topic but yes it is another game to add to my 40 + list of games between now and febuary although I will have to wait a lot longer to see this one on the Xbox! Anyway, now Rare have gone, what excellent games apart from Prime and possibly Mario Sunshine are due for release on the GameCube? I was looking over the release calendar and with the Rare games missing it looks empty.
Fri 27/09/02 at 14:19
Regular
There's plenty. The only Rare game on the GC release schedule was Starfox, and that's still coming out.

Other than Mario Sunshine and Metroid, there's also Eternal Darkness, Starfox, Zelda, Animal Crossing from Nintendo/second parties...

Those come to mind instantly, although there's plenty more I want on the Gamecube than the Xbox.
Fri 27/09/02 at 14:32
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
> Very strange topic but yes it is another game to add to my 40 + list
> of games between now and febuary although I will have to wait a lot
> longer to see this one on the Xbox! Anyway, now Rare have gone, what
> excellent games apart from Prime and possibly Mario Sunshine are due
> for release on the GameCube? I was looking over the release calendar
> and with the Rare games missing it looks empty.

I wasn't aware that Rare games dominated the release list for the GameCube.

Starfox Adventures is still due for release 22nd November (I'm going by memory on that date) and that was the on the official lists anyway, Donkey Kong Racing had already been canned and Kameo was the only other game I can think of for the GameCube that has been switched to X-box.

So I think you're more than slightly exaggerating there.
Fri 27/09/02 at 15:33
Regular
Garbe, Rare isn't so much a big loss to Nintendo as it is a HUGE gain to MS.

Yes, some Nintendo fans will miss Perfect Dark and Conker, but there'smuch, MUCH more coming from Nintendo and other second parties.
Fri 27/09/02 at 15:37
Regular
But apart from a couple of really good games the rest look average to say the least. On top of this Perfect Dark 2 which was haled as the best game on the GameCube is now an Xbox exclusive and bar Prime I just can't see any other really good titles on the Cube and especially Exclusives. The only gain Microsoft are making is the name of Rare which will shift more consoles, but as for the release calendar its already amazing without Rare.
Fri 27/09/02 at 15:40
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
the thing is that having rare does not suddenly make the xbox great, and lets not forget that dk and starfox remain in nintendos hands, all they have got that can be sucessful is PD, conker and banjo. ll of which have already appeared on nintendo consoles. personally the only one that could be done well as a sequal would be PD.
Fri 27/09/02 at 15:50
Regular
Which was hailed as the best game on the GameCube and apparently the best sequel ever according to one user, not bad to say last year Microsoft and Bill Gates were worth £58 Billion and that $375 million is like 10p to us. Sales will begin to rise and I can name 3 people already who have got an Xbox due to thid disappointment of Rare leaving Nintendo, 2 have sold their GameCubes in order to do this.
Fri 27/09/02 at 15:55
Regular
garbe123 wrote:
> But apart from a couple of really good games the rest look average to
> say the least.

Hmm...
I'd say that the Gamecube has more outstanding games than the Xbox, mainly because MS has less in-house production than Nintendo, but the fact still remains.

On top of this Perfect Dark 2 which was haled as the
> best game on the GameCube

It wasn't. It was one we were all looking forward to, but very few put it as their No. 1 priority.

>is now an Xbox exclusive and bar Prime I
> just can't see any other really good titles on the Cube and especially
> Exclusives.

You're not exactly looking very hard though, are you!
You wouldn't see them because you're not interested.
I've only just started to notice some of the more impressive Xbox games...

>The only gain Microsoft are making is the name of Rare
> which will shift more consoles, but as for the release calendar its
> already amazing without Rare.

I don't know the release schedule well enough to argue, but out of all MS's devellopers, only Sega can produce games with the same sort of imagination as Rare games.
Most of the others are technically good, but uninspiring in the design department.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.