GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jokes ..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/09/06 at 14:30
Regular
I'll start off ...

A man and a woman who have never met before find themselves in the same sleeping carriage of a train.

After the initial embarrassment they both go to sleep, the woman on the top bunk, the man on the lower.

In the middle of the night the woman leans over, wakes the man and says, "I''m sorry to bother you, but I''m awfully cold and I was wondering if you could possibly get me another blanket."

The man leans out and, with a glint in his eye, says, "I''ve got a better idea... just for tonight, let''s pretend we''re married."

The woman thinks for a moment. "Why not," she giggles.

"Great," he replies, "Get your own damn blanket!"
Thu 05/10/06 at 10:29
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Snippets from some call centre conversations...

Customer: "I've been ringing 0700 2300 for two days and can't get
through to enquiries, can you help?".
Operator: "Where did you get that number from, sir?".
Customer: "It was on the door to the Travel Centre".
Operator: "Sir, they are our opening hours".

Samsung Electronics
Caller: "Can you give me the telephone number for Jack?"
Operator: "I'm sorry, sir, I don't understand who you are talking
about".
Caller: "On page 1, section 5, of the user guide it clearly
states that I need to unplug the fax machine from the AC wall socket and
telephone Jack before cleaning. Now, can you give me the number for Jack?"
Operator: "I think you mean the telephone point on the wall".

RAC Motoring Services
Caller: "Does your European Breakdown Policy cover me when I
am travelling in Australia?"

Operator: " Doesn't the product give you a clue?"

Caller (enquiring about legal requirements while travelling in France):
"If I register my car in France, do I have to change the steering wheel
to the other side of the car?"

Directory Enquiries
Caller: "I'd like the number of the Argoed Fish Bar in
Cardiff please".
Operator: "I'm sorry, there's no listing. Is the spelling
correct?"
Caller: "Well, it used to be called the Bargoed Fish Bar
but the 'B' fell off".

Then there was the caller who asked for a knitwear company in Woven.
Operator: "Woven? Are you sure?"
Caller: "Yes. That's what it says on the label; Woven in
Scotland".

On another occasion, a man making heavy breathing sounds from a phone
box told a worried operator:

"I haven't got a pen, so I'm steaming up the window to write the number
on".

Tech Support: "I need you to right-click on the Open Desktop".
Customer: "OK".
Tech Support: "Did you get a pop-up menu?".
Customer: "No".
Tech Support: "OK. Right-Click again. Do you see a pop-up menu?"
Customer: "No".
Tech Support: "OK, sir. Can you tell me what you have done up
until this point?".

Customer: "Sure. You told me to write 'click' and I wrote
'click'".

Tech Support: "OK. In the bottom left hand side of the screen,
can you see the 'OK' button displayed?"
Customer: "Wow. How can you see my screen from there?"

Caller: "I deleted a file from my PC last week and I have just
realised that I need it.

If I turn my system clock back two weeks will I have my file back
again?".
Thu 05/10/06 at 10:31
Regular
Heh, those tech support calls I could definitely believe :)
Thu 05/10/06 at 15:17
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
The general public are so daft. I can remember a story about someone wanting help with their Pc because it powered off by itself. Turned out that there was a power cut!
Fri 06/10/06 at 10:21
Regular
heh some nice oens there Smedlos :D

@ngel ;P
Fri 06/10/06 at 10:36
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Machie wrote:

> @ngel ;P

heh lol!
Fri 06/10/06 at 12:09
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
hippyman wrote:

> The general public are so daft. I can remember a story about
> someone wanting help with their Pc because it powered off by
> itself. Turned out that there was a power cut!

Along the same lines I remember one where there was a power cut so the person went to use their PC to pass the time and rang the help line to ask why it wasn't working :D
Fri 06/10/06 at 14:39
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
A few Weakest Link answers:

In the Second World War the word 'Commie' was a derogatory term for a person belonging to which political party? Conservative.

Macaws are from which faimly of birds? Kestrels.

What is the technical term for the mass of earth thrown out by an earthworm? Hip.

The island of Sri Lanka lies off the coast of which Asian country? South Africa.

The phrase much used by football pundits is 'early windows' or 'early doors'? Early windows.

Cognac is a fine brandy made from the juice of which fruit? Coconut.

What 'P' is the Spanish word for quick and is used in English to mean 'at once'? Pacy.

Which city was the capital of New Zealand until it was replaced by Wellington? New Guinea.

According to the popular wartime song which birds will be over the white cliffs of Dover? Jailbirds.

In the Beano comic which character is known as 'the Minx'? Dodger.

What is the name of the insect which makes honey? Honey Fly.

The plant sisal is used to make which comodity, rope or tequila? Tequila.

What two words does a drill-sergeant use to make marching troops turn around? Reverse March.

What 'X' is the fear of foreigners or strangers? The X-Factor.

In athletics in which discipline does the competitor hold a metal ball under their chin before throwing it? Discus.

Which character in a Bram Stoker novel is reportedly buried in Whitby? Sherlock Holmes.

In the kitchen which container is hermetically sealed and is also known by the metal from which it is made? Plastic.

What word for the catchment of a river is also the word for a bathroom sink? Tub.

A clog is worn on which part of the body? The bottom.

What word means the order of lessons in schools and the running of trains and buses? Agenda.

In the modern English alphabet which is the penultimate letter? Z.

Which percentage of milk is fat, four or forty? Forty.

A famous publisher of romantic novels was founded by 'Gerald Mills and Charles..' what? Dickens.

What Carly Simon song starts 'You walked into the party like you were walking aboard a yacht'? I Got You Babe.

What is the name commonly given to the hard protective covering of a crab? Skin.

What word can mean touch-down of an aeroplane or the level floor between two staircases? Step.

A person who earns just enough for basic needs is said to live 'hand to ..' what? Foot.

In America the Golden Gate Bridge is a feature of which city? New York.

The title of the musical is 'Five Guys Named..' what? Fred.

The (UK) National Space Centre is based in which Midlands city? Chicago.

The principal characters in the book Watership Down are what type of creatures? Beavers.

What is the name of a small posy of flowers worn on an evening dress - a dressage or a corsage? Pocket.

What name for someone qualified to fly a plane precedes 'fish' and 'whale' to give the names of two sea creatures? Shell.

What is the name for someone who moves stealthily, or for the plant 'Virginia..'? Wolf.

What word connected to drum, disc and air is associated with slowing down a vehicle? Gun.

In nature which group gives birth to live young - mammals or birds? Birds.

Emperor Augustus used to boast that in Rome he had found a city made of brick and left it made of what stone? Rubble.

Which 'H' means the emergence of young creatures from eggs? Hibernation.

Cotton buds carry a warning not to insert them into which part of the body? Eyes.

What war-time song by Vera Lynn included the words 'Don't know where, don't know when? We'll come again.

Cantonese and Mandarin are languages which originated in which country? Spain.

The film starring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers was called 'Flying down to..' where? Halifax.

Elderly people are described as being what '..in the tooth'? Old.

Weight-lifting is also known as 'pumping..' what metal? Steel.

A person who is eccentric is often described as having what animals '..in the belfry'? Pigs.

The longest day of the year occurs in which month? Winter.

Budgerigars are native to which country? Britain.

What girl's name is the same as stations in London and Manchester? Piccadilly.

In the game 'scissors, paper, stone', what beats paper? Stone.

What word meaning chilly goes before snap, front and spell in weather forecasting? Fine.

What word follows record, designer and luggage to form three other phrases? Rack.

What 'L' is a pulse which is the main ingredient of the Indian dish, dhal? Rice.

What item in the kitchen might include an interior light, automatic de-frost, and an egg-rack? Microwave.
Fri 06/10/06 at 14:46
Regular
"lets go back"
The best one there has to be

What is the name of the insect which makes honey? Honey Fly.
Fri 06/10/06 at 14:48
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
And a few weird US laws:

Alabama
It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.

It is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.

California

It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.

Florida

If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.

It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.

Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.

It is illegal to skateboard without a license.

Indiana
It is illegal for a liquor store to sell cold soft drinks.

Liquor stores may not sell milk.

Nebraska
It is illegal for bar owners to sell beer unless they are simultaneously brewing a kettle of soup.

New York
A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.

North Dakota
Beer and pretzels can't be served at the same time in any bar or restaurant.

It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on.

Texas
It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.

It is illegal to drive without windshield wipers. You don't need a windshield, but you must have the wipers.

It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.

It is illegal to milk another person's cow.

A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.
Fri 06/10/06 at 15:24
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Found a few more US Laws :D

Alabama:

You cannot chain your alligator to a fire hydrant.

Alaska:

You can't look at a moose from an aeroplane.

Kangaroos are not allowed in barber shops at any time.

Even though it is legal to hunt a bear, it is illegal to wake a bear and take a picture for photo opportunities.

It is an offence to push a live moose out of a moving aeroplane.

It is State Policy that all emergencies are held to a minimum.

California

A city ordinance states that a $500 fine will be given to anyone who detonates a nuclear device within city limits.

Florida:

It is illegal to fart in a public place after 6:00pm on a Thursday.

Illinois:

It is illegal to eat in a restaurant if it is on fire.

You may be arrested for vagrancy if you do not have at least one dollar bill on your person.

You must contact the police before entering the city in an automobile.

It is forbidden to fish while sitting on a giraffe's neck.

In the Pullman area, it is illegal to drink beer out of a bucket while sitting on the curb.

A rooster must step back three hundred feet from any residence if he wishes to crow.

Indiana:

Bathing is prohibited during the winter.

Citizens are not allowed to attend a cinema or theatre nor ride in a public streetcar within at least four hours after eating garlic.

Iowa:

In Dubuque any hotel in the city limits must have a water bucket and a hitching post in front of the building.

In Fort Madison the fire department is required to practice fire fighting for fifteen minutes before attending a fire.

In Marshalltown horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants.

Kansas:

In Wichita, at the intersection of Douglas and Broadway, all motorists are required to stop at the intersection, exit their vehicles, and fire three shotgun rounds, before continuing on their way.

Maine:

After January 14th you will be charged a fine for having your Christmas decorations still up.

You may not step out of a plane in flight.

Shotguns are required to be taken to church in the event of a Native American attack.

In Augusta to stroll down the street playing a violin is against the law.

Michigan:

There is a 10 cent bounty for each rat's head brought into a town office.

It is illegal for a man to scowl at his wife on Sunday.

It is illegal to paint sparrows to sell them as parakeets.

All bathing suits must have been inspected by the head of police.

Anyone can keep their cow on Main Street downtown at a cost of 3 cents per day.

Minnesota:

It is illegal to walk across the Minnesota-Wisconsin border with a duck on your head.

Montana:

It is a law that "When you get out of prison you are granted a horse and $100 or a bus ticket to anywhere."

Nebraska:

A parent can be arrested if his child cannot hold back a burp during a church service.

North Carolina:

Elephants may not be used to plough cotton fields.

If a man and a woman who aren't married go to a hotel/motel and register themselves as married then, according to state law, they are legally married.

It's against the law to sing off key.

Ohio:

It is legal to throw a snake at someone but it is illegal to shake a snake at someone.

You cannot eat a doughnut and walk backwards on a city street.

Pennsylvania:

In the Mount Pocono region any group of 5 or more Native Americans are to be considered a raiding party and may be killed on the spot.

Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue.

All fire hydrants must be checked one hour before all fires.

Rhode Island:

Any marriage where either of the parties is an idiot or lunatic is null and void.

South Dakota

It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory.

Tennessee:

It is illegal to catch a fish with a lasso.

Driving is not to be done while asleep.

It is illegal for a woman to drive a car unless there is a man either running or walking in front of it waving a red flag to warn approaching motorists and pedestrians.

It's illegal for frogs to croak after 11 p.m.

Texas:

It is legal to commit a homicide as long as you tell the person when, and how you are going to kill them.

If two trains going in opposite directions on the same track meet each other, one can't move until the other does.

Washington:

A law to reduce crime states: "It is mandatory for a motorist with criminal intentions to stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he is entering the town".

It is illegal to deflower a virgin even on their wedding day.

In Seattle it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon that is over 6 feet in length.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.