GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If this is what Perfect Dark on Xbox will look like..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/09/02 at 07:30
Regular
...then you can have it. Perect Dark shouldn't be cartoony! Admittedly, this isn't in-game footage (it will probably take from six months to anything up to six years for that top materialise), but if this is an indication, then ...well, I'll let you form your own conclusions.

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp? (space)subsectionid=159&articleid=64281&pagetype=2

(I realise this post may come back to haunt me)
Thu 26/09/02 at 10:57
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Freddie Ljungberg wrote:
> I agree. Everyone has been raving about '13', the forthcoming
> cel-shaded FPS - but for me, it an FPS just isn't suited to that style
> of graphics.

I dunno... for me, it depeneds much more on level design...

If they manage to put everything together properley, I reckon it will be quite a lot of fun?
Thu 26/09/02 at 10:57
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Bwahahahahahahaha

"Perfect Dark 2 will rock" during Nintendo only period for that game.
"Yes it will, will smash stupid Halo"
"Yes"

Except now it's not on the Gamecube?
"Stupid game, looks cartoony"

CARTOONY?
Do I hear the fevered goo-goo protestations from Nintendo fans about a game looking cartoony?
Please, your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinagenics?
I see through you.

Face it goobers, you loved the idea of this game and crowed like big crowing people until RARE ABANDONED NINTENDO.
Get over it, you can always play Smashy Smashy Smoosh Smush or something.

Heh heh
Thu 26/09/02 at 10:45
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Consider that these are in fact just drawings, and probably not representative of what the game looks lot. Similar pics were released before the N64 version.
Thu 26/09/02 at 09:34
Regular
"Wobble"
Cubist wrote:
> Well if you insist I think X-Box will keep it and if you don't like
> cartoony games can they have Zelda aswell?

I agree. Everyone has been raving about '13', the forthcoming cel-shaded FPS - but for me, it an FPS just isn't suited to that style of graphics.
Thu 26/09/02 at 09:34
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Hmm... queer stuff.
Thu 26/09/02 at 09:31
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Cubist wrote:
> Well if you insist I think X-Box will keep it and if you don't like
> cartoony games can they have Zelda aswell? That has deffinetly
> suffered from going cell shaded instead of the usuall. (so many post's
> on how childish the graphics are :S )

Better give em Mario as well... god damn carton graphics!...

Hold on... a Ninty complaining about kiddy graphics???
Thu 26/09/02 at 09:28
Regular
"Wobble"
The original PD was one of two games I considered buying an N64 for (the other being Conker).

Do you think that this new look could be an attempt to get the game (and therefore Xbox itself) to sell better in Japan? It very 'Manga' after all.
Thu 26/09/02 at 08:00
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Well if you insist I think X-Box will keep it and if you don't like cartoony games can they have Zelda aswell? That has deffinetly suffered from going cell shaded instead of the usuall. (so many post's on how childish the graphics are :S )
Thu 26/09/02 at 07:42
Regular
"^_^"
I know what you mean. I do not believe that th X-Box will have the power or the controlls system to eve get close to the N64 original. Well obviously graphics will be better if they do them correctly. The cartoon look for Joanna just really takes the urine do you not think? With it being a X-Box only I ithkn it will flop due to Microsofts pressure to get the game working. E.G. Microsoft will push Rare into making things that they want to spend time on. I think these pictures were rushed.
Thu 26/09/02 at 07:30
Regular
...then you can have it. Perect Dark shouldn't be cartoony! Admittedly, this isn't in-game footage (it will probably take from six months to anything up to six years for that top materialise), but if this is an indication, then ...well, I'll let you form your own conclusions.

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp? (space)subsectionid=159&articleid=64281&pagetype=2

(I realise this post may come back to haunt me)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.