GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If this is what Perfect Dark on Xbox will look like..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/09/02 at 07:30
Regular
...then you can have it. Perect Dark shouldn't be cartoony! Admittedly, this isn't in-game footage (it will probably take from six months to anything up to six years for that top materialise), but if this is an indication, then ...well, I'll let you form your own conclusions.

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp? (space)subsectionid=159&articleid=64281&pagetype=2

(I realise this post may come back to haunt me)
Fri 27/09/02 at 00:09
Regular
er im a bit behind on my X-files i stopped watching when mulder vanished and then randomly started appearing again. Is he back for good or have they still got that dogy bloke partnering scully?
Fri 27/09/02 at 00:05
Regular
pb wrote:

> oh, and Mulder's just snogged Scully

Ewww that's like snogging ya sister.
Thu 26/09/02 at 23:16
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
ortega- the n64 pd art was all done nicely, the n64 couldn't produce graphics of that quality.
Thu 26/09/02 at 22:20
Regular
Starlight wrote:
> Since when's Jo Dark a ginger?
>
> Anyway if this was on Nintendo still you would all praise this somehow
> as a step in the right direction or something, like with the whole Cel
> Shaded Zelda thing. Although obviously that IS a step in the right
> direction ;)
>
> This is probs just Artwork.

It is a step in the right direction.

Must Get X-box for This Game.
Thu 26/09/02 at 21:27
"possibly impossible"
It's not life or death, you know. Perhaps a change will do it good.

oh, and Mulder's just snogged Scully
Thu 26/09/02 at 21:06
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
El blokey wrote:
> Much better. What you said before didn't really tie in with the whole
> topic, and left you prone to attack ;-)
>
> And, as has been said by many people many times on many forums -
> sometimes realistic graphics are important/effective, sometimes it's
> better to have fantasy.

Fair do's - however, I think it's pretty gosh-darned foolish to throw one's hands up in despair at such an early stage because of some still shots that may or may not be representative of the final game.

Far more to the point, as has also been pointed out many times on many forums, gameplay is king.
Thu 26/09/02 at 20:57
Regular
Its not *just* artwork.

http://www.xbox.com/news/0209/rarepressrelease.htm

Scroll down and click on the rare trailer. Jo looks just the same as in that new artwork.

Although the artowrk for the N64 game was very different to what she actually looked like in Perfect dark.

And I dont think it was *that* long ago we all had our jaws dropped at the sight of Link fighting ganondorf in that GameCube trailer...

Things can change so quickly...
Thu 26/09/02 at 20:34
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Much better. What you said before didn't really tie in with the whole topic, and left you prone to attack ;-)

And, as has been said by many people many times on many forums - sometimes realistic graphics are important/effective, sometimes it's better to have fantasy.
Thu 26/09/02 at 20:28
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
El blokey wrote:
> You don't have to look at the cover in order to read the book.
>
> Graphics are IMPORTANT.

OK, let me rephrase:

"Nah, I'm not buying that book, I've seen a photo of an artists impression of what the cover might be like, and it was rubbish"

It also seems that I'm in the minority that prefers stylish graphics to realistic.
Thu 26/09/02 at 19:44
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Since when's Jo Dark a ginger?

Anyway if this was on Nintendo still you would all praise this somehow as a step in the right direction or something, like with the whole Cel Shaded Zelda thing. Although obviously that IS a step in the right direction ;)

This is probs just Artwork.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.