GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ha ha ha RARE ha ha ha"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/09/02 at 22:31
Regular
I am not laughing at Rare, Rare were my third favourite company and my first favourite company kicked 'em out to you guys. Oh no I'm laughing at the fact that Microsoft expect Rare to release 5 games in 2 years....

Trust me it won't happen.
Sat 05/10/02 at 11:48
Regular
"BOSE"
actually, we're always talking about our interests; games, xbox, xbox live, release dates, some general chat, what equipment we have, etc, ,etc. that's what we do. that's what we like doing. but then you come in here and you have to dribble all your pointless crap all over our forums. just sod off back to your forums. if they're that boring that you have to come in here and start then find some other site. capice? good.
Sat 05/10/02 at 00:58
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> We can all have our own opinions.
>
> Hence I'm allowed mine. I don't see too many non X-Box owners coming
> in here with any real knowledge of the X-Box before they try to stick
> their boot in.
>
> And although I'm not very impressed with Nintendo at the moment, I
> don't go into the Ninty forum crowing about it like some posters do in
> here. Of course they are entitled to an opinion, but I know exactly
> what sort of replies I'd get if I did the same in the Ninty forum.
> Seems that Ninties more than any other like to rip into other consoles
> but throw their dummy out of the pram when its given back.
>
> And thats not a personal attack on you, its basically what happens
> around these forums.

Well this forum is full of people who know nothing about the Gamecube.

Gamecube isn't innovative?
Animal Crossing is dumbed down Sims for kids?
Doshin is Populous made simple?
Sunshine is just Mario 64 with better graphics?

You know jack.

And drop you baby analogies, they're pathetic. I'm sick of hearing you say 'Ninties' in a degoratory way, and then claim we stamp our feet and throw our dummies when we don't get what we want. In the same way I can just claim that you say your older and therefore automatically better than everyone else, and too good for Nintendo.

The only reason I come into the X-box forum is because it's full of people who nothing about the Gamecube, and slating it, or at least posting incorrcet information putting it down. I correct it. Look at your arguments in this topic, 95% of them time you've been wrong. And if I hadn't told you otherwise you would still be saying those 'facts' of yours in conversations with other people, therefore spreading bad things about the GC that aren't true.
Fri 04/10/02 at 18:02
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Maverick42 wrote:
> We can all have our own opinions.

Hence I'm allowed mine. I don't see too many non X-Box owners coming in here with any real knowledge of the X-Box before they try to stick their boot in.

And although I'm not very impressed with Nintendo at the moment, I don't go into the Ninty forum crowing about it like some posters do in here. Of course they are entitled to an opinion, but I know exactly what sort of replies I'd get if I did the same in the Ninty forum.
Seems that Ninties more than any other like to rip into other consoles but throw their dummy out of the pram when its given back.

And thats not a personal attack on you, its basically what happens around these forums.
Fri 04/10/02 at 17:40
Regular
I really can't be bothered to argue with someone who slates games he knows so little about. No offence, but it's just eating a hole in my time on the net, so I'm going to step out of this one.

We can all have our own opinions.
Thu 03/10/02 at 23:07
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Whitestripes wrote:
> SEGA didn't push Nintendo into online gaming.
> *****
> Well I don't remember any other attitude towards the option being
> anything but sneered at and pushed aside by Nintendo.
>

Theres a difference between not being keen and sneering at something. Nintendo are not a PC comapny, they have no online expirence. And then SEGA, another Japanese company with no online expirence, try it and fail. You can't blame them for not being too willing to commit millions to it.

> While Nintendo were designing and devolping the GC, including
> builing
> in spaces for future modems and BB adaptors, SEGA were still selling
> their Dreamcast, and I doubt someone from SEGA went over to Nintendo
> and told them to include online options in case they happened to go
> out of the console industry.
>
> What SEGA did do was ask Nintendo to release the modem and BB
> adaptor
> before they were planning on, as they want to release PSO this year.
> **********
> Unfortunatly, one game alone doesn't warrant the purchase - more
> support is needed and right now, thats nothing more than rumours.
>

Your missing the point. Sega have an online game ready for release now. Nintendo don't have any online games to release for quite a few months, but then again, neither do Microsoft, X-box live is still over 6 months away. Nintendo have actually been producing the modem/adaptor for quite a while in Japan now, so SEGA asked them to release it early.

> Wavebird uses Radio Waves, it's not another pathetic infra red
> attempt.
> *******
> But then its doing the same job as an infra red controller. All its
> doing differently is using the waves so that 4 can be plugged into the
> GC without worry of them interfering with eachothers signals.

Pish. See previous post.

>
> And for the last time, Zelda storylines do not involve Zelda getting
> kidnapped, bar two. She isn't even in two thirds of them! Zelda GC
> is
> by far the best looking cell shaded game to date. And if you think
> Blinx will be better than Sunshine...pfttt..
> *******
> Why pffffft ? I don't remember signing any contract that says I have
> to think Mario games are unbeatable like its the games birthright.

Yes you did. Everyone did :) And they are anyway, better platform games don't exsist, even Rare couldn't top them.

As
> for Zelda being the best looking Cell shaded game - its ashame the
> main character Link didn't get as much attention as the rest of the
> game. My 8 year old cousin could draw better than the artwork on
> Link.
>

I know what you mean, when I first saw the shots sometime early last year I actually contacted all my friends currently online, showed them the pictures and told them how crap it was.

Since then I've seen a shed load of shots, but it was the videos that really changed my mind. They are nothing short of stunning. Nintendo have changed Link's head, he doesn't look like an onion anymore. His clothers could have a bit more detail, but the head is perfect. And the facial expressions and wonderful, he's constantly displaying different emotions as you go about doing things.

And besides, from previous Zelda games you just know it has the gameplay of a classic.

> Pokemon Online. I don't care much for online gaming, as you probably
> already know. The reason I think it's good online is that Pokemon
> games rank as some of my favourites ever. However being as old as I
> am, not many people are particulary into Pokemon, so I'll finally
> have
> some people to compete against. Plus of course they'll become the
> chance to be one of *the* best Pokemon players across the world.
> Thats
> one of the only things about online gaming I like, big
> contests/tournaments where you can show your the best :)
> *****
> Exactly - this is the reason I like online gaming, because its a test
> of how good you really are rather than being left wondering while you
> pummel your friends every weekend. :-)

Pish, I beat my friends and they all have GCs, and online I'll beat everyone too. I just rock at games you see :)

> I'll be looking forward to online games such as Halo 2 so that I can
> see how I do. With Pokemon though, its always been a turned based
> game, so I think a headset would really help it to look like more than
> facing the CPU in a stadium atmosphere.

It's not nesscary. For a start I don't actually talk much at all, maybe averaging about 20-30 sentences a day (seriously). The only time it ever goes up is if I have some mates round or something. The internet is different though, I type a lot. I would be extremly reluctant to use a headset communicator over the internet. But of course the GC has that super controller, the one with the keyboard in the middle. That is perfect for me on Pokemon :)

>
> As for the headset, again, there will be a lot of idiots and trash
> talkers, which you'll end up muting. I reckon you'll probably end up
> playing against the same people again and again anyway.
> ******
> When I played Quake 3 and PSO on the DC, I met loads of different
> people and it was pretty fun. I made a few friends on there that I
> went around with sometimes, but we wren't always on at the same time
> and stuff. It was always good to see how much they'd improved since I
> last saw them. Especially on PSO when I helped a newbie out with some
> weapons and a few weeks on he'd really boosted up his character.
> ;-)
> If anyones getting out of hand and obnoxious on X-Box Live, they can
> be reported or like you say, muted. So its not a real problem.

But if it's a team game and you get trash talkers, you can hardly mute them because you won't know what the hell is going on. And especially, you get a lot more trash talking in 'army' type games than you do in others.

>
> Multi-player is still better offline. Especially when most of your
> friends have a Gamecube as well. We already have regular sessions of
> AUF, SMB, SSBM, Waverace etc. I can't wait for the christmas
> holidays,
> we'll have TSP2 tournaments, SMB2 competitions, and of course, the
> ultimate party game, Mario Party 4. Online gaming just can't
> compete.
> ******
> This is where the GC could have done with a link cable. Instead of 4
> player on Timesplitters 2, you could be enjoying the likes of 8
> players at once or more.
> I think multiplayer on or offline being better depends on your
> situation. If your friends tend to come over and use your console,
> then you'll always be a lot better and just keep flicking them around
> like bugs. Plus unless you have a large amount of friends, online
> gaming offers you the chance to take part in huge multiplayers and
> immerse you into online only worlds such as the massive online
> multiplayer RPG's such as Star Wars: Galaxies.
> Offline multiplayer is always fun though and I'd never push it aside
> cause its a good laugh.

Online RPGs mostly blow to be honest, I've tried enough on the PC, cause I'm a big RPG fan. Although Galaxies does look quite promising. And having a link cable means you need another TV, and the another one etc. Besides, I usually only invite a maximum of 4 mates round at once anyway. Besdies, I did hear something that it is possible to link them up. I'm sure that you could actually link the N64s together, so I'm sure it's possible even if un-official. I know that on the N64 you could play 4 player games, and have each players screen appear on a different TV and stuff.

>
> Anyway I'm bored now, I've been meaning to play Fallout for about 45
> minutes and I keep getting side tracked.
> ********
> And I need to carry on with my Madden season. ;-) I'm kicking the
> hell out of the competition at the moment. ;-)

urgh..I can't stand American Football games, I'll stick to my post apocolypse RPG thanks. :)
Thu 03/10/02 at 22:36
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Meka has some freaky experiment ideas. ;-)) Mind you, could be a laugh for multiplayer. You could set up a game like Mario Kart - then race while not looking at the screen (be outside so theres no cheating), then listen to whats going on and see who manages to get over the finish line first. Or not. ;-))
Thu 03/10/02 at 22:31
Regular
Nah, it has more than 4 channels I beleive. It doesn't just have a four way selector switch, it has a dial thing you rotate for frequency like on a radio, except obviously they won't cover any signals radio stations would be using. I can tell you exactly how it works pretty soon cause I'm getting one on import.

And using radio waves isn't the same as infra red. After all, you can pick up a radio station from miles away, and what does that tell you? The signal travels across hills, through buildings etc. The Wavebird signal can't be interrupted, and people like Meka have even tried using it outside in the garden, and they can still control the character on screen in the main room.
Thu 03/10/02 at 21:53
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Only 4 channels ? So what if 2 GC's are set up near eachother with 4 wave bird controllers each ?
Thu 03/10/02 at 21:25
"The Will of D."
Savatt78 wrote:
> Whitestripes wrote:
> attempt.

> But then its doing the same job as an infra red controller. All its
> doing differently is using the waves so that 4 can be plugged into the
> GC without worry of them interfering with eachothers signals.

The whole point of the Wavebird being totally different and inovative is to be able to send out signals better than infra-red that DO NOT get intererence when an object or wall gets in the way of the controller. The wavebird completely cuts out physical interence which is way better than stupid Infra-red signals.
Also the Wavebird has 4 unique signals that can be changed depending if whether there is another Wavebird controller in use on the same console.
Thu 03/10/02 at 20:59
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Whitestripes wrote:
> SEGA didn't push Nintendo into online gaming.

Well I don't remember any other attitude towards the option being anything but sneered at and pushed aside by Nintendo.

> While Nintendo were designing and devolping the GC, including builing
> in spaces for future modems and BB adaptors, SEGA were still selling
> their Dreamcast, and I doubt someone from SEGA went over to Nintendo
> and told them to include online options in case they happened to go
> out of the console industry.
>
> What SEGA did do was ask Nintendo to release the modem and BB adaptor
> before they were planning on, as they want to release PSO this year.

Unfortunatly, one game alone doesn't warrant the purchase - more support is needed and right now, thats nothing more than rumours.

> attempt.

But then its doing the same job as an infra red controller. All its doing differently is using the waves so that 4 can be plugged into the GC without worry of them interfering with eachothers signals.

> And for the last time, Zelda storylines do not involve Zelda getting
> kidnapped, bar two. She isn't even in two thirds of them! Zelda GC is
> by far the best looking cell shaded game to date. And if you think
> Blinx will be better than Sunshine...pfttt..

Why pffffft ? I don't remember signing any contract that says I have to think Mario games are unbeatable like its the games birthright. As for Zelda being the best looking Cell shaded game - its ashame the main character Link didn't get as much attention as the rest of the game. My 8 year old cousin could draw better than the artwork on Link.

> Pokemon Online. I don't care much for online gaming, as you probably
> already know. The reason I think it's good online is that Pokemon
> games rank as some of my favourites ever. However being as old as I
> am, not many people are particulary into Pokemon, so I'll finally have
> some people to compete against. Plus of course they'll become the
> chance to be one of *the* best Pokemon players across the world. Thats
> one of the only things about online gaming I like, big
> contests/tournaments where you can show your the best :)

Exactly - this is the reason I like online gaming, because its a test of how good you really are rather than being left wondering while you pummel your friends every weekend. :-)
I'll be looking forward to online games such as Halo 2 so that I can see how I do. With Pokemon though, its always been a turned based game, so I think a headset would really help it to look like more than facing the CPU in a stadium atmosphere.

> As for the headset, again, there will be a lot of idiots and trash
> talkers, which you'll end up muting. I reckon you'll probably end up
> playing against the same people again and again anyway.

When I played Quake 3 and PSO on the DC, I met loads of different people and it was pretty fun. I made a few friends on there that I went around with sometimes, but we wren't always on at the same time and stuff. It was always good to see how much they'd improved since I last saw them. Especially on PSO when I helped a newbie out with some weapons and a few weeks on he'd really boosted up his character. ;-)
If anyones getting out of hand and obnoxious on X-Box Live, they can be reported or like you say, muted. So its not a real problem.

> Multi-player is still better offline. Especially when most of your
> friends have a Gamecube as well. We already have regular sessions of
> AUF, SMB, SSBM, Waverace etc. I can't wait for the christmas holidays,
> we'll have TSP2 tournaments, SMB2 competitions, and of course, the
> ultimate party game, Mario Party 4. Online gaming just can't
> compete.

This is where the GC could have done with a link cable. Instead of 4 player on Timesplitters 2, you could be enjoying the likes of 8 players at once or more.
I think multiplayer on or offline being better depends on your situation. If your friends tend to come over and use your console, then you'll always be a lot better and just keep flicking them around like bugs. Plus unless you have a large amount of friends, online gaming offers you the chance to take part in huge multiplayers and immerse you into online only worlds such as the massive online multiplayer RPG's such as Star Wars: Galaxies.
Offline multiplayer is always fun though and I'd never push it aside cause its a good laugh.

> Anyway I'm bored now, I've been meaning to play Fallout for about 45
> minutes and I keep getting side tracked.

And I need to carry on with my Madden season. ;-) I'm kicking the hell out of the competition at the moment. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.