GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ha ha ha RARE ha ha ha"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/09/02 at 22:31
Regular
I am not laughing at Rare, Rare were my third favourite company and my first favourite company kicked 'em out to you guys. Oh no I'm laughing at the fact that Microsoft expect Rare to release 5 games in 2 years....

Trust me it won't happen.
Tue 08/10/02 at 00:18
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well for a start I don't think Nintendo can afford to pump $2billion into an online service.
Microsoft have worked very hard in creating X-Box Live and with all the features it has and the games supporting it, I really can't see Nintendo doing things better.
Plus the GC has no hard drive and to save downloads for games, your really looking at having access to more than a memory card to save some of the larger possibilities.
Mon 07/10/02 at 23:52
Regular
Strafex wrote:
> Then again, saying that Nintendo can make an online network as good as
> MS's is like saying MS can make a game as good as Nintendo's.
>
> Wishfull thinking.

Don't be so sure. The fact that Nintendo are keeping tight lipped about the whole things brings up many questions. Then there's this big announcement Nintendo are making at Christmas.

Nintendo have conquered all other aspects of gaming, why not online? Don't judge until you see, I say.
Mon 07/10/02 at 15:43
Regular
Then again, saying that Nintendo can make an online network as good as MS's is like saying MS can make a game as good as Nintendo's.

Wishfull thinking.

The Gamecube online plans will be more than good enough to satisfy any Gamecube owner around, but seeing as I'm planning on getting an Xbox, I'll probably get Xbox live instead.

Depending on what Nintendo's online package is like, I might even get both...
Mon 07/10/02 at 15:18
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:

> Nintendo have online plans but they are being cautious...
> Pokemonline
> and Mario Kart online sound very promising. And Nintendo make
> hundreds
> of games that don't just feature Mario. SEGA deserve to still be
> around.
>
> Hundreds ? Slightly over exagerated. As for Nintendo's online plans,
> its all well having Pokemon and Mario Kart online eventually, but will
> it be a dull lifeless affair ? > I can see good potential in Mario Kart online - especially if 8
> players can race together. Pokemon though I think is a big question
> mark as it depends what it actually turns out to be that'll really
> decide how good it is. If its a massive online multiplayer RPG, then
> it'll be excellent, even without a headset. If its basically an
> online Pokemon stadium,

Online challenges, competitions, leagues.... all sounds a cool idea and very promising.

The SD memory card can hold more memory than the Gamecube itself... it'll take a while to upload but you could fit a N64 game on them. The idea is to inflitrate games with uploaded home movies, pictures and transfer large ammount of data. The GBA link up is doing relativly well The final fantasy game is treating it very seriously although Nintendo do seem to insist on it being an extra e.g. Animal Crossing and The Legend of Zelda. Roll a Rama might change that. The arcade link up is beign developed with Namco and SEGA and may use the SD cards BUT! lets face it it wont come out over here.

Nintendo are apparently developing communication game Animal Crossing online, Mario Kart online, Pokemon online and a fourth which i cant quite remember. Nintendo will push its online campaign at next years E3 with some MASSIVE announcements, which considering they're remanining quiet at the moment on their current projects seems certain. The x-box is the online console of the decade but lets face it this can potentially ruin the X-box especially in Europe... then again it could make it bigger than Sony. Nintendo are cautious yes and they will be the last to enter the online campaign but their games such as Zelda, Pokemon and their multiplayer games such as smash brothers have the potential to make Nintendos online campaign as good as anyones.

Dringo.
Mon 07/10/02 at 13:57
Regular
In some ways...

While Halo does add a few neat touches to the genre, it doesn't touch what Goldeneye did to it.

Headshots, Sniping, Stealth, proper AI and guard animations, 4 player splitscreen, an FPS working on a console... it all started on the N64.

Halo's great, but hasn't revolutionised the genre like Goldeneye did.
Probably because there's not much left to revolutionise...
Mon 07/10/02 at 12:51
Regular
"BOSE"
how hasn't Halo done a "GoldenEye" ? Halo's a classic as GoldenEye is
Mon 07/10/02 at 09:35
Regular
Well it did...

That shield idea is pretty neat, as is the control system (once you get used to it). Also, it'll work a treat online.

It's not exactly done a "Goldeneye", but I think it's on par with Perfect Dark for bringing the genre forward.
Sun 06/10/02 at 17:32
Regular
"Festivus!"
Mantis wrote:
> Whitestripes wrote:
> Halo didn't add a single new thing
>
> It took every good idea used in all FPSers of the past year and
> executed them almost flawlessly in a very fresh manor. My favourite
> FPSer ever.

That means it didn't add anything :p
Sun 06/10/02 at 15:23
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Halo didn't add a single new thing

It took every good idea used in all FPSers of the past year and executed them almost flawlessly in a very fresh manor. My favourite FPSer ever.
Sun 06/10/02 at 15:17
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
What ? How did I 'lose' exactly ? I'm enjoying my X-Box console, I have no regrets offloading the GC I bought and I have no desire to buy another one.

I fail to see how I've 'lost'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.