GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ha ha ha RARE ha ha ha"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/09/02 at 22:31
Regular
I am not laughing at Rare, Rare were my third favourite company and my first favourite company kicked 'em out to you guys. Oh no I'm laughing at the fact that Microsoft expect Rare to release 5 games in 2 years....

Trust me it won't happen.
Sun 06/10/02 at 15:16
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Halo didn't add a single new thing, plus the levels became tedious and repitive.

> Oh and it was yet another "lone man saves the world" storyline. How original.

A very idiotic thing to say. You have just tried to put down an undeniable classic in the FPS genre in two sentences. You forget the other 101 things it does extremely well. If you had spent any considerable amount of time with it you would know that, if you had played some multiplayer halo you wouldn't be able to forget it.
Sun 06/10/02 at 14:07
Regular
You mean in other words, you've 'lost'.

And I don't see anyone else doing that, maybe it's just you.
Sun 06/10/02 at 11:41
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
::stamping feet:: Your so stupid, you know nothing about games ! Waaaaaaaaaah, you have an opinion that doesn't lick the ground the X-Box rests on, that means your stupid and don't know anything !
Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh !!! ::throws dummy and crayons out the pram::

See how pathetic that is ? Thats basically you everytime someone has the cheek to enjoy their X-Box and (god forbid) say anything negative about Nintendo.
Sun 06/10/02 at 11:03
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:

>
> For me, Halo revolutionised the FPS experience.

So you've never played a FPS before?

Halo didn't add a single new thing, plus the levels became tedious and repitive.

Oh and it was yet another "lone man saves the world" storyline. How original.
Sun 06/10/02 at 10:55
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Uh-huh. Well I'm still not gonna be losing any sleep over it mate.
Sun 06/10/02 at 10:37
Regular
"Festivus!"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Oh no, I've lost Tribute's respect - think I'll go slash my wrists.

I didn't expect you to be bothered. Nobody is bothered about me, I just wanted you to know what somebody thought of you.
Sun 06/10/02 at 10:35
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Oh no, I've lost Tribute's respect - think I'll go slash my wrists.

For me, Halo revolutionised the FPS experience. According to some though thats just disgusting and shouldn't be allowed to be said as its not a Nintendo game. As soon as I put out similar comments on Nintendo games, I might as well be marching through Iraq screaming "Israely and proud !"
Sun 06/10/02 at 10:27
Regular
"Festivus!"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Animal Crossing. From what I've seen, you go around as a character
> that looks like something out of a Lego Basic kit (the old one block
> type body with a head on top - dunno if they're still around). You
> get a house, mess around buying furniture and clothes and do things
> like chat to other residents and do little things such as chopping
> down trees and picking apples. For me, these elements are like the
> Sims from a different angle.
>
> Cube not being innovative. New hand controllers and the GBA link
> cable which Sega did with the Neo Geo Pocket. And ?
>
> Mario Sunshine. For me its a combination of Mario 64 and Mario World
> (on the Snes) with a waterpack. Oh, and you can slide.
> Oh and don't forget the muck on the floor.
>
> Haven't seen much on Doshin, but it looks like a cross between
> Populous and Black & White. Either way, I don't really have an
> opinion on this game and I'm not going to rush out to find out more
> either.

I used to respect you. I thought you knew something about gaming. I was obviously wrong.

Has HALO not been done before?
Sat 05/10/02 at 22:18
Regular
Although you're way out when it comes to Gamecube games, we're no better when it comes to Xbox games so there's nothing to argue about really.

One thing about Animal Crossing. Yes, in terms of screenshots and basic concept it does look crap, it should be crap, but it's one of THOSE games...

Although I possibly wouldn't choose it over Halo or Perfect Dark (multiplayer games always have an edge over single player ones), I'd certainly choose it over a second first person shooter.
Sat 05/10/02 at 18:12
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Well this forum is full of people who know nothing about the
> Gamecube.
>
> Gamecube isn't innovative?
> Animal Crossing is dumbed down Sims for kids?
> Doshin is Populous made simple?
> Sunshine is just Mario 64 with better graphics?
>
> You know jack.
>
> And drop you baby analogies, they're pathetic. I'm sick of hearing you
> say 'Ninties' in a degoratory way, and then claim we stamp our feet
> and throw our dummies when we don't get what we want. In the same way
> I can just claim that you say your older and therefore automatically
> better than everyone else, and too good for Nintendo.
>
> The only reason I come into the X-box forum is because it's full of
> people who nothing about the Gamecube, and slating it, or at least
> posting incorrcet information putting it down. I correct it. Look at
> your arguments in this topic, 95% of them time you've been wrong. And
> if I hadn't told you otherwise you would still be saying those 'facts'
> of yours in conversations with other people, therefore spreading bad
> things about the GC that aren't true.

And GC owners don't do the same ? You make it sound like the whole world is against the poor GC. I see stupid comments made in the Nintendo forum all the time about X-Box, but I don't start rushing around and whining like a little nonce about it.
If you don't like stuff thats said in here - tough. Simple answer is to not come in here isn't it - its not like its rocket science to work out.
Do I go into the Nintendo forum and force my opinion on people ? No.
I've seen you slate the X-Box enough times in the past with stupid little clueless comments and thats in this forum let alone the Nintendo one.
I'm in the X-Box forum and I'll post what I bloody like - so you can sulk all you want. Like I said, you don't like it, well boo hoo.
At least I have enough respect to keep my issues with things like the GC in this forum.
Again my opinion thankyou, I was born with the freedom to have one.
I don't see how I consider my age to make me superior, if anyone else in here does, feel free to tell me.
I have my opinion on things and I stick to my guns just like others do.

I don't remember making any opinion on Doshin. It doesn't appeal to me but I haven't said anything about it.

Animal Crossing. From what I've seen, you go around as a character that looks like something out of a Lego Basic kit (the old one block type body with a head on top - dunno if they're still around). You get a house, mess around buying furniture and clothes and do things like chat to other residents and do little things such as chopping down trees and picking apples. For me, these elements are like the Sims from a different angle.

Cube not being innovative. New hand controllers and the GBA link cable which Sega did with the Neo Geo Pocket. And ?

Mario Sunshine. For me its a combination of Mario 64 and Mario World (on the Snes) with a waterpack. Oh, and you can slide.
Oh and don't forget the muck on the floor.

Haven't seen much on Doshin, but it looks like a cross between Populous and Black & White. Either way, I don't really have an opinion on this game and I'm not going to rush out to find out more either.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.