GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Please read this, all of you"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/09/02 at 13:05
Regular
Hi, this is Ali, back from my holiday and a bit worried about the state of the forums. There's been a few bannings, of which a few of you are upset about, but a few ground rules need to be set.

Swearing, in any form is not allowed. This is a family forum (believe it or not) and we don't want young people coming on here reading foul language, or indeed, parents coming on here and seeing the kind of language that some of you post. The swear filter is there for a reason, and that's not for you to try and beat it with s p a c e s or 'quote marks'. If we find any swearing, of any kind, it'll be deleted, and you may be banned.

Being offensive to one another is something we will also not tolerate. As you all know, someone was banned last week (in my absence, I might add) for calling someone a dirty homo, or something like that. This just ain't acceptable I'm afraid. Just as bad is topics like the one saying things like 'so and so likes hairy men' - it might have been a joke, but some people don't have the same sense of humour as you, and din't find it funny. We're not saying stop having fun, but topics like that serve only to annoy.

Some people have accused us of favouritism in the past ie. certain people get away with saying stuff without a warning, and some don't. From now on, there'll be no swearing at all, BY ANYBODY on the site, whether you've been here a day or 3 years. Posts with swearing or offensive writing in them will be deleted, and depending on the severity of the post, will be warned/banned. This means everyone.

This shouldn't be hard to do, the vast majority of you are adults, or at least are mature enough to behave like civilised people. These are our forums, and you'll post on here by our rules, whether you like it or not. If anyone has any problems with this, let me know, but I'd like this to be a new start for these forums, with no stupid slanging matches between users, no *starring out* offensive posts and no deliberately getting people annoyed. If you've got something you wanna get out of your system, do it someplace else.

I hope you can all agree to these rules.
Mon 23/09/02 at 18:08
Regular
"everyone says it"
Darkus wrote:
> er-yes wrote:
>
> I second that notion and move to strike.
>
> Did you order the code red?

*looks down*

Looks like it went to code brown straight away.
Mon 23/09/02 at 18:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
As you know I'm not the most religous person

However, if I am drastically wrong about God and heaven etc I find it most unfair that I get sent straight to hell just because I'm not a follower of Christanity and any other religious body.

I'm member of Amnesty etc... I care about people and the world in general etc... but oh no I don't believe in God so I go to hell.

That's discrimination... he should have a second coming to shut me up :p

We're in wrong topic
Mon 23/09/02 at 17:57
Regular
"I like cheese"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Flanders wrote:
>
> No SHEEPY - the ones that only do it on Sunday are the biggest
> hypocrits - they have no chance !!
> ---
>
> I agree... that's settled then.
>
> I hate people like Bush and Blair who go on about God and such... then
> they go bomb countries into the ground etc.

Exactly. I praise everyday, not just sunday.

Also, when you say you care about the world more, you don't mean tree-hugging and the such, do you? :D It's just becoming a Christian, in my opinion anyway, has made me care much more about other people's feelings and the world in general. Not in a tree-hugging way, but still. {:) Obviously (as you know) I still take digs at people, but only at people I know, and they know I'm just joking around.

And politics is just a dirty business, I'd rather not get myself involved. People say that it obviously affects me because it's the politicians who decide how 'we live', but I'm a small person with small values and don't really care.

Oooh, I like that little phrase. :D
Mon 23/09/02 at 17:35
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Flanders wrote:
>
> No SHEEPY - the ones that only do it on Sunday are the biggest
> hypocrits - they have no chance !!
---

I agree... that's settled then.

I hate people like Bush and Blair who go on about God and such... then they go bomb countries into the ground etc.
Mon 23/09/02 at 17:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> That wasn't done on purpose, and ive explained that, If a moron like
> you doesn't understand that then im not going to go on wasting my time
> explaining it time and time again. Go and make yourself useful and
> spam in the forum like you usually do, cause im off to work.
---

Yeah it was 'accidnt' right

You're just jealous because nobody likes you
Mon 23/09/02 at 17:26
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
SHEEPY wrote:

> God's a git if he only let's people who spend every Sunday prasing him

No SHEEPY - the ones that only do it on Sunday are the biggest hypocrits - they have no chance !!
Mon 23/09/02 at 17:24
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
That wasn't done on purpose, and ive explained that, If a moron like you doesn't understand that then im not going to go on wasting my time explaining it time and time again. Go and make yourself useful and spam in the forum like you usually do, cause im off to work.
Mon 23/09/02 at 17:21
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Ant wrote:
>>
> *shakes head and smiles wryly at Sheepy's ignorance*
>
> ;D

---

God's a git if he only let's people who spend every Sunday prasing him whilst me who cares about the world goes to hell

Ooops done it again

:)
Mon 23/09/02 at 17:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
>
> Try telling SHEEPY that with his immature post about me?

---

That was me being cynical

Whilst you post link to report me... yes very mature.
Mon 23/09/02 at 17:20
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Goatboy wrote:
> It must just be me then, but I find small children swearing to be
> incredibly funny.
>
> Honestly.
> A 4yr old toddling about screaming obscenities thinking nothing of it
> can make me laugh for hours.

Me too - when our 8 year old was learning her alpahbet she struggled for ages with W - she used to say (Please don't ban me for this - take it in context :P ) Bu99er you. When we were round peoples we would get her to do the alphabet just to get everyone in fits of laughter !

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.