GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resident Evil"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/09/02 at 16:58
Regular
The more I see about this game, the more I want it. The graphics, the bosses (particularly the shark), the atmosphere all seem to add up to a must buy game, but I'm still not sure.

You guys have played it, so what are the good parts? I've read reviews, but a little persuasion about the fun factor, etc would be nice. Is it worth buying?
Page:
Wed 06/11/02 at 00:54
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Haha its loser boy.
Wed 06/11/02 at 00:48
Regular
true, and with newer better games out like Eternal Darkness and other 3rd person games on the way they will need to seriously update it to beat them!!
Tue 05/11/02 at 23:44
Regular
I think, after the GameCube remakes, CAPCOM won't port them to other consoles. Simply because, as you say, they'll be old news by then, and after so many Resi games, spin-offs and online versions, they may be wanting to try something new.
Tue 05/11/02 at 23:41
"High polygon count"
The price of progress!
Tue 05/11/02 at 23:41
Regular
thats very true, although as i keep saying, Resident Evil 0 is looking the nuts!
still, in 2-3 years time that will be outdated too!
its annoying in a way, cos we spend all this money now and in a few years it will be gone!
Tue 05/11/02 at 23:39
"High polygon count"
Maverick42 wrote:
> you won't see them being ported to other consoles.

At least until the contract is up. :-)

Remember, Code Veronica was Dreamcast exclusive, but PS2 has it now, and GC will be getting it somewhere in the not too distant future.

After the six titles, I can quite easily imagine Capcom porting all or some of the games to other platforms, simply because there is yet more money to be made.

Of course, by then, PS2 and Xbox and GC will be 'old hat', and PS3, Xbox 2 and (probably) GC2 will be with us, and even Gamecube Resi will look pants in comparison to what appears on those machines...
Tue 05/11/02 at 23:38
Regular
ok, no worries buddy
im just a bit confused, although granted, it doesnt take much!
lol
plus it is late!
even though im still bloody working!
Tue 05/11/02 at 23:33
"High polygon count"
It's not just a question of SR reporting it though - the game has featured in video form on PS2 magazine coverdiscs, and was also demo'd at one of the major games shows - either TGS or E3... so it definitely exists, and will be available.

Not 'having a go' at you... just clarifying! :-)
Tue 05/11/02 at 23:14
Regular
i see

to be fair, and dont moan at me, i wouldnt take anything reported on SR site or catalogue to be gospel!
they seem to "sell" games even before they have a shceduled release date!
they always have, well for the last 10 odd years anyways!
Tue 05/11/02 at 23:07
Regular
Blank wrote:
> The GC has exclusive rights to six titles - Resi 0, 1, 2, 3, CVX, and
> 4.

From now on, anyway. CAPCOM has a contract with Nintendo to remake those six, and unless Nintendo want to break that contract, you won't see them being ported to other consoles.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.