GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rev specs never to be released?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/11/05 at 13:11
Regular
[URL]http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=12670[/URL]
Tue 08/11/05 at 13:56
Regular
Ah I see.

Cheers for clearing that up.
Tue 08/11/05 at 13:42
Regular
Your Honour wrote:

> What's the stars catalogue all about?

It's like loyalty card points, when you buy Nintendo stuff you get Stars and you can get free gifts for them.

Trouble is most of the stuff was rubbish, although occasionally you could get something good like a Wavebird controller, a platinum GBA and they have some games from the player's choice range available.

With the Rev having NES/SNES/N64 games to download, they would have a better choice of things. You could buy Mario 128 and get enough stars to download Super Mario World for free or something.

They could also have speical offers similiar to the Zelda ones on the Gamecube, buy Mario Kart X for the Rev and download Mario Kart 64 for free, for example.
Tue 08/11/05 at 12:52
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> It'll also make the stars catalogue worthwhile. They'll never run out
> of downloadable games and I know i'll cash my stars and log onto the
> website more frequently.

What's the stars catalogue all about?
Mon 07/11/05 at 22:03
Regular
It is a very Nintendo idea to do a one cart multiplayer but I dunno how well that'll work on the Revolution.

But it'll certainly be a draw.
Mon 07/11/05 at 22:01
Regular
"NJAN"
Gwizz wrote:
> Talking of numbers, I just hope that the big N get that download
> service running ok.I think that will make or break them.

If Nintendo figure out that download service (one-cart/disc multiplayer on the Revo, like on the ds) - they will be set.

They say that WiFi is gonna be as easy to join and play as if the player and game is right there beside you. That means that when you turn on your Revolution, you can play any, and every, game in a slimmed down multiplayer mode (for the games that have multiplayer anyway) without actually buying any one of them!

Nintendo never liked releasing playable demos too much but this could prove to be much more useful in getting people to buy games that they wouldn't otherwise consider.
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:57
Regular
It is one of Nintendo's main attraction.

It'll also make the stars catalogue worthwhile. They'll never run out of downloadable games and I know i'll cash my stars and log onto the website more frequently.
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:50
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
At the end of the day its not the specs or what it can do, its whats coming out for it! (its here that I will hold my hand up and admit that I do like numbers).... why? I really dont know.

When I saw that the DS and PSP were coming out, I found myself drawn towards the PSP (with all them numbers).........but got the DS in the end which I picked up the Sims2 for at the weekend and am loving it.

Talking of numbers, I just hope that the big N get that download service running ok.I think that will make or break them.
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:38
Regular
Gamecube showed their specs and has far superior graphics to the PS2. I don't get what you're saying there.

It doesn't matter about the specs. You don't get the target group Nintendo are aiming at wondering what the specs are. The screenshots are an accurate description of the systems graphics. They can say what they like now, nothing is yet known.

When the graphics are shown then we'll know. Graphics don't actually mean a thing at all. PS2 had the worst graphics this generation. It sold the best. DS is outselling the PSP and has lesser graphical capabilities and the PS1 was far inferior to the N64.

It is all to do with what the system offers and not how good the games look. Competant 3D games is all that is required, Nintendo is selling the revolution based on the downloadable content and the controller... not for the graphics. That is what the PS3 are doing.
Mon 07/11/05 at 21:33
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
> It doesn't matter what the specifications are. Even if they do
> release them i'll ignore them. Because Nintendo post realistic specs
> compared to the rivals maximum. So even if the specs are great
> they'll still not seem that way in comparison.
>
> Really. It doesn't mean a thing.
>
> I'd buy it if the graphics were identical to Gamecube's.

I know that in the real world the specs dont really mean a thing, but like whats been said in another post the big N dont really need that kind of bad press. People will come out saying that they are trying to hide the fact that the rev is way behind the other twos consoles on paper, which in turn can then damage there sales. Just look at what happened with the GC!

Dont get me wrong, I have a GC and have done since it was released. I happen to think that it is still a very capable machine! Resi 4 is showed the world that its not in the numbers, but how you use them. But hiding the revs specs, I cannot help thinking that more harm then good will come of it.
Mon 07/11/05 at 20:41
Regular
"NJAN"
the specs dont mean anything when you -just- look at the numbers. a console with lower specs can be more powerful than a console with higher specs if its put together/engineered better.
throw loads of chips into a console and you could end up with bottlenecks and unoptimised hardware.
the gamecube has some lower specs than the other two but sometimes games come out looking better on the cube (see: Rez Evil 4). i guess thats why nintendo mightnt be revealing the specs of the revolution - casual gamers will look at the numbers and say 'hey, this number is higher than that one. this must be better'.

I dont care if they never release the specs, im gettin the revolution anyways. but it could cause a bit of bad press for them, something Nintendo definitely dont need!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.