GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Animal crossing first impressions....."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/09/02 at 15:13
Regular
I recieved my American version of Animal Crossing today and a must say it's excellent! There's loads to see and do and the link up feature to the GBA is superb. Please ask me any questions you want to know as i didn't want to give too much away!!!

My SCORE for this game so far will be 9/10. The time system is clever and it's perhaps one of the weirdest games i have played in ages, everything suits the mood of the game perfectly!!! :)
Sun 29/09/02 at 10:44
Regular
That was me, ah, I feel so proud :D
Sun 29/09/02 at 10:26
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
To the person who said 'Do you draw a face on the train' i'm sorry you do!!!! I have just done it now, a cat walks up to you with no face and she asks you to make her one, it's great and very funny, Sorry again. :)
Sat 28/09/02 at 21:24
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
dunno :( ive gotta sell some stuff so i can buy this game ! Why do all the good games come out at once ???
Sat 28/09/02 at 21:21
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
To activate sleep mode you press L and R {in Animal Crossing} to deactivate it you hold down L and Select. I don't know if this is the same with a GBA game in the GBA i reckon it is..... I will have to check. :)
By the way, have any of you played old NES games and realised there still good?? I got Pinball and a Tennis game from Animal Crossing and there both excellent, the tennis needs some thought and alot of skill, does anyone know how many NES games you can get in Animal Crossing without having to get the E-Reader etc.. I thought it was Ten, but i'm not sure!!!!
Sat 28/09/02 at 20:56
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
how do you activate sleep mode ?
Sat 28/09/02 at 14:48
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Again sorry i took so long to answer, you don't need a GBA cartridge, just a GBA and wire. When you have this you can download an island on your GBA, download old NES titles and download a pattern maker. Everytime you turn the GBA off you will loose everything. So what you have to do is play your GBA, when you have had enough, activate the sleep mode {this saves battery power} until you can play Animal crossing again to save what you have done on your GBA, it's confusing and would of been better if you could save everything on your GBA but it's still a cool feature. :D
Fri 27/09/02 at 20:13
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i was just thinking (i know , it's amazing isn't it) about the game repeating itself over time , in theory , the game will repeat itself , but you will never see it all. To see every aspect of the game , you would have to have your gamecube on until it reaches the end of it's calendar date (august 2003 you say) because every minute of the game something different is going to happen , and you might be out when an event happens. The only way you are going to see everything in the game , is to constantly reset your GC and change the time to see something that happened while you were away. So repetition shouldn't be a problem if you dont try to see everything , as eventually you might , but it's very unlikely.
Fri 27/09/02 at 19:35
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
m.o.t , do you need a gameboy advance cartridge or something to link it up to the GC ? I know you need a cable , but can you turn your gameboy off , and the game will still be there or not ?
Thu 26/09/02 at 14:16
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Maverick42 wrote:
> So when we get it, it will be out of date?

*If* you get it.

See your point, but for a start there's no guarantee that this game is coming out over here at all, and secondly it prevents dozens of spoiler threads from reaching the eyes of the people who are waiting for the PAL release. But they'll be waiting a while, since - according to the people I've spoken to at Nintendo - there is nothing planned.

The above post was posted on the Edge Forums, by Ste Curran, Edge Magazine.
Wed 25/09/02 at 23:54
Regular
So when we get it, it will be out of date?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.