GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Animal crossing first impressions....."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/09/02 at 15:13
Regular
I recieved my American version of Animal Crossing today and a must say it's excellent! There's loads to see and do and the link up feature to the GBA is superb. Please ask me any questions you want to know as i didn't want to give too much away!!!

My SCORE for this game so far will be 9/10. The time system is clever and it's perhaps one of the weirdest games i have played in ages, everything suits the mood of the game perfectly!!! :)
Sat 21/09/02 at 15:13
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I recieved my American version of Animal Crossing today and a must say it's excellent! There's loads to see and do and the link up feature to the GBA is superb. Please ask me any questions you want to know as i didn't want to give too much away!!!

My SCORE for this game so far will be 9/10. The time system is clever and it's perhaps one of the weirdest games i have played in ages, everything suits the mood of the game perfectly!!! :)
Sat 21/09/02 at 15:27
Regular
"Australian Person."
Question: Can you get me one? lol

So how does the time thingy work? IS it like in Rouge Leader where you do it at different times of day for differnt affect or sort of like Majoras mask? Or something?
Sat 21/09/02 at 17:55
Regular
"Whatever!"
Is this game getting released over here? Cause I heard a few weeks back that it wasnt
Sat 21/09/02 at 19:00
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Firstly no-one knows if it's coming out here, the latest rumour is that it's coming to Australlia and not here!!! Secondly When it's say 10:35am in the morning it'll be 10:35am on the game {if your gamecube clock is correct} it's identical to our real time, there's no time limits and each day lasts 24 hours like in real life. For example i played the game 8:00am in the morning the time in the game was 8:00am it looked early in the game and all the animals were saying morning, i stopped and played again at 12:35pm and then the weather was quite bright and the animals were saying good afternoon. Another cool thing is when it's hit the hour for example 7:00pm in our time, the towns clock rings and say's it's 7:00pm there, it's superb!! Not all shops or residents are there the first day, so tommorow when i play it someone new would have moved in! If i played it now the game will be getting dark!! It's true what Nintendo say you're living two lifes......
Sat 21/09/02 at 19:20
Regular
"Unretired"
wow...
Sat 21/09/02 at 19:30
Regular
"Selected"
if you set the GC to christmas day does the game think it's christmas or can it tell you changed the time by checking previously saved data?
Sat 21/09/02 at 19:47
Regular
"Festivus!"
BUY A NES!
Sat 21/09/02 at 20:52
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Yes the game would think it's Xmas, but i wouldn't want to do it because it's the enjoyment of leading up to it! Tonight it's 'Harvest Moon' in Animal Crossing so all the residents are looking up in the sky at the full-Moon. Oh and another thing you can download a tool to the GBA which lets you design your own Wallpaper, Umbrella and Clothes. I have 'FCUK' written all over my walls, Clothes and Umbrella, i might do a Gamecube Logo tomorrow..... :D
Sat 21/09/02 at 20:57
Regular
"Festivus!"
m.o.t wrote:
> Yes the game would think it's Xmas, but i wouldn't want to do it
> because it's the enjoyment of leading up to it! Tonight it's 'Harvest
> Moon' in Animal Crossing so all the residents are looking up in the
> sky at the full-Moon. Oh and another thing you can download a tool to
> the GBA which lets you design your own Wallpaper, Umbrella and
> Clothes. I have 'FCUK' written all over my walls, Clothes and
> Umbrella, i might do a Gamecube Logo tomorrow..... :D

I So want this game!
Sat 21/09/02 at 21:15
Damn you with your american Cube! Freeloader better come out soon, or there'll be trouble. (:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.