GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox £99 for Xmas"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/09/02 at 13:20
Regular
Did you know that the Xbox will go down to £99.99 for Christmas ? And Dead or Alive 3, Project Gotham Racing and Ralisport Challenge will be reduced to £19.99. I kid you not my friends, at that price I will pick up another one and so will you!

Microsoft will not let the Xbox fail and with nearly 70 original titles I can't afford it it either.

So who will win the Xmas battle ? Well ask yourself this even if Sony dropped the price of the now outdated PS2 to £99.99 for Christmas which one would you want to buy ? The Xbox and that's what the majority will be saying too.

Sony have been creaming the profits and keeping the price of the PS2 artificially high for far to long, they soon dropped their plans for the PS3 didn't they because it simply couldn't compete with the Xbox. Nintendo have said that they will not make another console ever so it's a straight fight between Sony and Microsoft and one that I can see Microsoft winning in the end. They have very deep pockets and if you look at the PC market how many PC's run on Windows ? Microsoft have succeeded at everything at everything they do and they will not lose even if they have to drop the price of the Hardware and software still further.

Microsoft have the backing of the Developers and have signed up many exclusives that will never appear on Sony's outdated PS2, they have snapped up Rare which was part owned by Nintendo and who were responsible for many of Nintendo's successful titles so in the long run the Xbox will come out on top.

Independent research has suggested that the Xbox will have sold 35 Million Xbox consoles by 2005, this was based on actual sales figures and was commissioned prior to the price reduction, so what now ? well Microsoft will be on target for sales of around £50 Million Units by 2005 if there's another price reduction at Xmas.
Sun 29/09/02 at 12:11
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> gamezfreak wrote:
> Who knows? Sales figures can always be made up you know, thats why i
> never take notice to them. I mean get this, The PS2 is apprently
> selling 50 thousand a week, 2 years after the release, Is'nt that a
> bit suspicious?
>
> Lol! I sincerely doubt it. I also heard somewhere that the PS2 sold
> terribly in it's first few months and the GameCube and X-Box are
> outdoing it! Unfortunately, I doubt this is true.

Actually, on reflection, that's only about 2,600,000 a year, so the figures may be true.
Sun 29/09/02 at 10:12
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Th price might drop to about £100 when they release an XBox2.

Not by x-mas, surely!
Sun 29/09/02 at 01:32
Regular
"everyone says it"
I know them, they were in the work bulletin two weeks back.

Gamecube is selling best in Europe between its launch to the present against the other two consoles. Playstation2 is second and XBox closely third.

In the US I believe the sales figures show that the PS2 is a margin ahead, but in America sales are slowing quite fast, the XBox and GameCube fluctuate between 2nd and 3rd place depending on the games, for example, when Resident Evil was released the GC held the top selling place for hardware for six weeks, a similar figure at the moment with Mario.

In Japan the PS2 sells the most thanks to RPG's and Fighters. The GC is second, and the XBox is behind the GameBoy Adv and Game Boy Colour, with about 2300 sales a week? That for a population of over 2 billion and the fact that the PS2 sells 23,000 a week kinda shows why Microsoft are crying for the japanese to notice them.
Sun 29/09/02 at 00:59
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> So they go and get a new one?

According to him Japanese people get a replacement or buy a new one rather than get it fixed.
Sun 29/09/02 at 00:58
Regular
It doesn't really work like that, cause as the head guy at Capcom said:

A large amount of PS2's sales in Japan are people just wanting a cheap DVD player with a few extras. 1/4 of the PS2 japanese sales are due to the bloody things breaking down.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Sun 29/09/02 at 00:58
Regular
So they go and get a new one?
Sun 29/09/02 at 00:56
Regular
It doesn't really work like that, cause as the head guy at Capcom said:

Half of PS2's sales in Japan are people just wanting a cheap DVD player with a few extras. 1/4 of the PS2 japanese sales are due to the bloody things breaking down.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Sun 29/09/02 at 00:49
Regular
Do you know the latest worldwide sales figures Dringo?
Sun 29/09/02 at 00:36
Regular
Nah PS2 didn't have much consoles avalible at launch now did they.

Gamecube is catching the PS2 in JAPAN! There is a god :) and maybe one day the X-box could get within half the distance between it and the GBA :D
Sun 29/09/02 at 00:09
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> Who knows? Sales figures can always be made up you know, thats why i
> never take notice to them. I mean get this, The PS2 is apprently
> selling 50 thousand a week, 2 years after the release, Is'nt that a
> bit suspicious?

Lol! I sincerely doubt it. I also heard somewhere that the PS2 sold terribly in it's first few months and the GameCube and X-Box are outdoing it! Unfortunately, I doubt this is true.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.