GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Dark Knight [SPOILERS] - Hosted by Luetchyboy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/07/08 at 18:30
Regular
Quite why this thread doesn't exist I don't know!

I cannot wait for this movie to be released, I am so hyped it's unreal. So I'm going to post a whole load of information I can drag up.

For those that don't know, a basic overview

"Batman and James Gordon join forces with Gotham's new District Attorney, Harvey Dent, to take on a psychotic bank robber known as The Joker, whilst other forces plot against them, and Joker's crimes grow more and more deadly"

Ok basically this movie will rock in every possible way.

Christian Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne
Ok so we know Bale is awesome as Batman in Batman Begins but how will he handle the role now that he's settled in? Doubters need not worry I have complete confidence he will rock.

Just take a look at this little scene

Heath Ledger as The Joker
Reviews for Heath's Joker have been nothing short of brilliant. Theres even talk of a posthumous oscar. Though whislt his death may play a big part in the extra praise, don't think for a second it's going to be any less undeserved. Just check this

Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes
Replacing Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes. This I think is a nice little step up in terms of acting quality. Whilst Katie Holmes (is it Cruise now?) is busy producing the spawn of a Mr Cruise (ok she was apparently busy with another project) we will now have the lovely and far more capable Maggie Gyllenhaal replacing her. Yay for us.

Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent
OK for those that don't know Harvey Dent goes on to become two face, for those that don't know further (and spoilers are ahead) he becomes two face in THIS movie, and from what I've seen it's going to be awesome. (I've got a link coming soon from an official clip though it doesn't show much.) There are spoiler pics out there taken on a camera phone. But I won't be linking them here. I've not seen much from Aaron Eckhart but I have complete faith in Christopher Nolan.

Lets not forget also that we've still got Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine in this movie. So how is it not going to Rock.

So what you all think? Discuss?

Look for pictures and reviews in upcoming posts.

Edited By Luetchyboy due to minor mistypes
Sat 19/07/08 at 12:35
Regular
Vexxxed wrote:
> Does that link work for anyone else? Just goes to a black screen
> for me ¬_¬
>
> For that fact, you are officially the worst Staffie ever!

Somebody not naming names (Jubba) decided to "improve" my site but actually messed it up, but alas it is fixed now.
Fri 18/07/08 at 23:41
"possibly impossible"
Recommend that you watch the prequel movie to the Dark Knight, which is on the Blu-ray disc of Batman Begins or online at the usual places.

It was shown at IMAX cinemas in place of a trailer and really sets the scene for the Joker's character.
Fri 18/07/08 at 19:56
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
Does that link work for anyone else? Just goes to a black screen for me ¬_¬

For that fact, you are officially the worst Staffie ever!
Fri 18/07/08 at 13:58
Regular
For all you little Dark Knight freaks, like me!

I made myself a nice little page that has a countdown until the showing of Dark Knight I will be seeing.

Here
Fri 18/07/08 at 10:05
Regular
ARGH Still just under a week before we get to see it in the UK. I AM SOOOOO HYPED I wish I was in the states just so I could see it. I reckon all next weekend is going to be taken up by me seeing The Dark Knight.

CAN I ASK GUYS THAT WE KEEP THE FULL PLOT AT LEAST RELATIVELY QUIET UNTIL IT'S LAUNCHED IN THE UK.

Whilst I know a good chunk of the plot I still don't know every detail and I would prefer it to stay that way until the movie is out in the UK. If you really want to post spoilers please warn us before hand.
Thu 17/07/08 at 20:39
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Still havent booked my ticket. Only time i can go is for the show at 2am.
Mon 14/07/08 at 17:50
"possibly impossible"
IMAX would be nice, but not possible for me. It'll be one of the few films I watch at the cinema this year though. Can't wait to see it.

Pretty sure I'll end up getting the animated GN though, if only for the documentaries and the few good stories.
Sun 13/07/08 at 21:26
Regular
"cachoo"
I am really looking forward to this.

Some great pictures circulating atm.
Sat 12/07/08 at 13:52
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I must remember to book tickets for the Imax on Friday. I tried earlier this week but the site was screwed.
Thu 10/07/08 at 19:39
"possibly impossible"
Luetchyboy wrote:
> Gotham Knight is alright, some of the stories are better than
> others and I didn't care much for the animation of the first
> story. But and I mean BUT Kevin Conroy as Batman is a huge huge
> plus in my books!!!

Agreed, Conroy did an exellent job with the original animated series. I hear there are 4 episodes of that on the disc too and some good extras. Besides, the bluray is £12.95 on Amazon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.