GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Dark Knight [SPOILERS] - Hosted by Luetchyboy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/07/08 at 18:30
Regular
Quite why this thread doesn't exist I don't know!

I cannot wait for this movie to be released, I am so hyped it's unreal. So I'm going to post a whole load of information I can drag up.

For those that don't know, a basic overview

"Batman and James Gordon join forces with Gotham's new District Attorney, Harvey Dent, to take on a psychotic bank robber known as The Joker, whilst other forces plot against them, and Joker's crimes grow more and more deadly"

Ok basically this movie will rock in every possible way.

Christian Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne
Ok so we know Bale is awesome as Batman in Batman Begins but how will he handle the role now that he's settled in? Doubters need not worry I have complete confidence he will rock.

Just take a look at this little scene

Heath Ledger as The Joker
Reviews for Heath's Joker have been nothing short of brilliant. Theres even talk of a posthumous oscar. Though whislt his death may play a big part in the extra praise, don't think for a second it's going to be any less undeserved. Just check this

Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes
Replacing Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes. This I think is a nice little step up in terms of acting quality. Whilst Katie Holmes (is it Cruise now?) is busy producing the spawn of a Mr Cruise (ok she was apparently busy with another project) we will now have the lovely and far more capable Maggie Gyllenhaal replacing her. Yay for us.

Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent
OK for those that don't know Harvey Dent goes on to become two face, for those that don't know further (and spoilers are ahead) he becomes two face in THIS movie, and from what I've seen it's going to be awesome. (I've got a link coming soon from an official clip though it doesn't show much.) There are spoiler pics out there taken on a camera phone. But I won't be linking them here. I've not seen much from Aaron Eckhart but I have complete faith in Christopher Nolan.

Lets not forget also that we've still got Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine in this movie. So how is it not going to Rock.

So what you all think? Discuss?

Look for pictures and reviews in upcoming posts.

Edited By Luetchyboy due to minor mistypes
Wed 30/07/08 at 12:07
Regular
IMDB is useless for ratings, the boards are some of the worst forums I have ever visited. It's good for general information but I wouldn't touch the ratings with an barge pole.
Tue 29/07/08 at 22:18
"possibly impossible"
Hoping to go on Sunday, which is the earliest I'll be able to go and watch it.
Tue 29/07/08 at 18:46
Regular
I haven't seen the movie yet, so I haven't read any of this thread. However I did want to say as good as it might be, I'm not sure it should be rated #1 on IMDB top movie list. Now The Godfather (which I also havent seen) has fallen two places after getting lots of 1 votes.
Sat 26/07/08 at 18:07
Regular
I don't have a great deal to say apart from I watched this earlier today and it really is brilliant. By far the best film I've seen in a long time.

If you're trying to decide whether you'll wait and watch it on DVD, or to watch it via a 'cheaper' alternative, don't. You have to watch it on a big big screen, it's well worth the money.
Fri 25/07/08 at 18:33
Regular
"I like turtles"
Again.....Warning Spoilers Ahead !.

Things I wanted to but couldn't put in my review :

I found Batman questioning his own reasons for existing was handled very well in this film.Especially following The Jokers chilling execution of one of his copycat crusaders.Not Batmans fault but it seemed to punish him still further.This led up of course to Rachels death which left him a burned out wreck seemingly unwilling to take on the force that was the psychotic and totally unpredictable Joker.

I liked the way the line between good and evil was blurred.There was no straightforward good vs evil to be found here.The Joker implies he did not have a happy childhood while Dent was a decent guy who was passionate about cleaning up Gotham City.Only for that passion to end up costing him everything.Neither were straightforward and purely evil villains.Batman himself sacrifices everything in a bid to protect the people of the city only to be despised for his actions.

I thought Harvey Dents transformation from the crusading District Attorney into the twisted Two Face was handled superbly.Half way through the film I wondered how are going to pull this off ?.But the decision for Batman to save Dent and Gordon to save Rachel (not the other way round as everyone would have naturally assumed) and the repercussions that this decision turns out to have was a stroke of genius.

Finally Batman's refusal to kill The Joker at the end and then take the rap for Dents killing spree was a nice touch as well.Again returning him to an outcast in Gotham City.

All in all this a great script with no weak links.For me Christopher Nolan has pulled off one the greatest tricks of all time.He has banished the memory of Joel Schumachers 'Batman & Robin'.Now that was one crap movie !!!.As long as this franchise is in Nolans hands I do not feel we have a lot to worry about.
Fri 25/07/08 at 11:21
Regular
lol that makes no sense.

I thought the way they worked it out was fantastic. Maybe, just maybe I would've left two-face's fate a little more ambiguous.

It was such a sombre ending I felt it was like, we need Batman because we have no other hope.

So sequel/future incarnations what do people want?

Me personally I would love to see a Superman cross over, though I wonder how hard it might be in Nolans universe. Could you imagine Clark Kent comes to Gotham for whatever reason, perhaps investigating Wayne enterprises. Batman and Superman clash slightly for whatever reason crossed wires or something.

But in the end turns out they both need to work together to defeat whatever for is causing problems.

In a Batman only universe I'm not too sure where I want it to go from here, I don't want a repeat of the Dark Knight, which deserves to be left as it is. I guess the integral part of Batman is that the battle never ends.

I've read numerous times that Nolan doesn't want to do Robin etc but I think they could pull it off brilliantly. Perhaps end that movie on more of an up.

Ultimately I would love to see an Justice League based movie. It would rock something chronic.
Fri 25/07/08 at 10:56
Regular
SPOILER!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW THE ENDING!

The film was fantastic!! I caught a 12'o'clock showing yesterday afternoon!! I loved it all but the first bank heist was really clever. One thing i didn't like, well that's a bit harsh, one thing that let the film down slightly was the rushed ending with Two-face. When we came to meet Two-face for the first time i thought to myself that the film must be nearly over and that there would be a sequel, but instead they carried on with the film and crammed him into the end. At the time i thought it was a waste of a possible sequel but the i got talking to some mates and we figured out why. Heath ledger is dead. That means they would have to find a replacement Joker and he obviously wouldn't live up to Ledgers proformance which in turn would spoil the possible sequel. After all this thinking we got drinks and i realised that because of the situation, the film was Brilliant in every single way and the ending did not in fact let it down. :)

Hope that makes sense.
Fri 25/07/08 at 09:19
Regular
OK this is my one and only warning, the movie is out now and people have seen it so there will be plenty of open chat about the movie and intricate plot details so if you want to remain unspoiled then get the hell outta my thread :p

LAST WARNING FROM HERE ON SPOILERS WILL BE FREELY DISTRIBUTED

Ok so what did people think of the movie overall? My thoughts are pretty obvious, it was amazing. Felt like such a "Dark" movie, and to me it ended on a complete downer. I mean this is BATMAN and how it should be.

Thoughts? The Joker WOW how amazing was Heath Ledger, I mean when he was first announced I knew he would take the role and make it his but to this extreme? Who would've thought.

Some of my favourite scenes include the "Magic Trick" the various different stories he gives for the scars, the truck scene, the hospital scene. Infact not one of his scenes was weak in anyway. I loved his bit with Two-Face.

Remember I said I was spoiled? Well that was the bit where Rachel dies. I was a bit gutted that I knew about it when I had heard nothing about it before hand. My mate was shocked when it happened.

I actually thought that Gordan was dead too, but then I remembered the bit in the prison with the mayor hadn't happened so I knew he was coming back.

So what did everyone else think? Which bits really blew you away? Anyone dislike the movie I would like to hear from you if you didn't.
Fri 25/07/08 at 00:54
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Just got back from seeing it, a very impressive movie.
Thu 24/07/08 at 23:40
Regular
"Mooching around"
Luetchyboy wrote:
> The Reaper wrote:
> Should've watched the advance screening yesterday instead of
> Donkey Punch to be honest.

>
> What? What? WHAT?
>
> You chose some cheap gimmick movie over the epic Dark Knight,
> ohhh I pity the fool.

Haha :P Not really, we missed the showing and so for £3.60 we thought, why not. For the record, it's hilarious; albeit unintentionally.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.