GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Waaah! No fair, Ashley banned, etc etc"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/09/02 at 19:20
Regular
"A notabel step on my fase but he wont get bann Bcos the staff luv notabls so much,

Why is it 1 rule for 1 and 1 for another. Lifes not fair. I hate u mum."

Enough of this crap. Enough.

In life there are rules. You break the rules, you may get punished. But not everyone that commits a crime always gets caught do they?

Ashley's excuse really is rather feeble. He pressed the report button 4 times but as nothing was done about it he started spewing foul abuse.

Er, okay. So you click the link and the staff are supposed to come running are they? You think someone sits in the banmobile all day waiting for you to click the link so they can come running in like some camp super hero?

Because this is real life, that doesn't happen. You click that link, and you wait for staff to deal as they see fit. You don't click it 4 times in half an hour then respond to it anyway. That's just stupid.

And yet again, somehow it comes back to notables, doesn't it? With fools like Absolut Neo saying "What would happen if one of their precious notables did this?"

Well get this Neo, we wouldn't do that, because we're not stupid. See?

Now I don't have a problem with Ashley, but he stepped over the line. He can come back, and everything will be fine.

But maybe people will know they can't make comments like that in the future?

I'd rather see people ignore those that are only here to wind others up, then they might go away. But no, you keep on swallowing up their bait, and they love it.

So who is the dumb one?
Fri 20/09/02 at 00:10
"High polygon count"
Heh. Banmobile.

Snuggly: Holy swearbox, Tonty! There's the bansignal!

Tonty: Quick, Snuggly - pass me that small tubular package over there.

Snuggly: What is it? Some kind of new gadget for your utility belt?

Tonty: Know, it's talcum powder to stop my latex undies from chafing!

*Sprinkles powder*

Tonty: Here, put some around your groin, too.

Snuggly: Why?

Tonty: Is helps prevent friction burns when you slide down the Banpole.

Snuggly: Jumpin' Jokers, Tonty! What a good idea!

*Sprnkles powder*

Tonty: Quick, Snuggles - to the Banmobile!

*Da na na na na na na naaa - Ban Maaaaaaan!*
Fri 20/09/02 at 00:50
Regular
"everyone says it"
Very good Wookie.

*goes back to watching buffy*

:P
Fri 20/09/02 at 01:08
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Not that stupid Meka?

I beg to differ...

On another note I wasnt really using you as an example I just think SR are being unfair on not banning the likes of mistique or many other homophobic people on here that have posted obsence material, the same rule should apply to all. Ashely did break the rules theers no denying that, and because of it he got banned, but surely if someone else does something like that they should also get banned? but as we know this is not the case..

im not taking the

"Oh I did'nt see the thread, so how can I ban it?"

very convieniant.

Half the staff post in the threads that mystique posts, yes some of them are funny but some of them just get carried away, just because you feel that noone takes offense to them does that mean they dont?

I have several people telling me they find them offensive, but since when did our views ever matter?

and dont call me a fool just because I like to say what I think because thats the kind of person I am, like it or not.
Fri 20/09/02 at 08:27
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Not that stupid Meka?
>
> I beg to differ...
>
> On another note I wasnt really using you as an example I just think SR
> are being unfair on not banning the likes of mistique or many other
> homophobic people on here that have posted obsence material, the same
> rule should apply to all.

> I have several people telling me they find them offensive, but since
> when did our views ever matter?

You are getting confused.

While homophobic actually translates "fear" of homosexuals, it means gratuitous abuse derogatory to homosexuals and/or homosexuality. In my opinion if you call someone gay it doesn't imply a deep-seated hatred of homosexuality, if however, you say "die f***** you will burn in God's righteous fury" I would say that displayed signs of homophobia.

By the same token "to offend" and "offensive" are two different things. If I have particularly strong views on, say, America going to war with Iraq then I might find a "bomb baghdad now George!" topic offensive. However, that person has not deliberately targeted the topic at me. That topic is offensive to me, just as mystique's topics may prove offensive to you and your friends. The point is, mystique has not written that topic with the sole intention of offending you. Ashley, though provoked, definitely set out to offend, he was not offensive indirectly.

With this in mind stop whinging. You continually make nebulous statements about how there's one rule for someone and another for someone else, but yet to have produced any real evidence of someone doing exactly the same thing as Ashley and not being banned.

So sonny-jim put up or shut up. We live in a common law system based on precedence, unless you can find a similar case to Ashley's where action was not taken, you don't have a leg to stand on.
Fri 20/09/02 at 10:17
Regular
Meka Dragon wrote:
> You think someone sits in the banmobile all day waiting for you to click > the link so they can come running in like some camp super hero?
>
>

Yes :-)
Fri 20/09/02 at 10:20
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Mr. Happy wrote:
> By the same token "to offend" and "offensive" are
> two different things. If I have particularly strong views on, say,
> America going to war with Iraq then I might find a "bomb baghdad
> now George!" topic offensive. However, that person has not
> deliberately targeted the topic at me. That topic is offensive to me,
> just as mystique's topics may prove offensive to you and your friends.
> The point is, mystique has not written that topic with the sole
> intention of offending you. Ashley, though provoked, definitely set
> out to offend, he was not offensive indirectly.
>
> With this in mind stop whinging. You continually make nebulous
> statements about how there's one rule for someone and another for
> someone else, but yet to have produced any real evidence of someone
> doing exactly the same thing as Ashley and not being banned.

That's exactly what I was trying to get across in countless topics yesterday, but nowhere near as eloquently.
Fri 20/09/02 at 10:23
Regular
This is gay.

If you let Ashley back on, that will be due to popularity. Popularity overriding the rules.

If Ashley went out and shot someone and got life in jail, no amount of polls would see him out.

Letting Ashley back will be a mistake.

Sorry, Ashley.
Fri 20/09/02 at 10:25
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Heh. Banmobile.
>
etc...
>
> *Da na na na na na na naaa - Ban Maaaaaaan!*

Brilliant stuff Wookiee Lol :D
Fri 20/09/02 at 10:32
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
This is funny.
Fri 20/09/02 at 11:07
Regular
"Acid Casual"
I couldn't give a flying moose w@nk who comes or goes on this place.

At the end of the day do we really care about people who we've never met nor are likely to meet (unless of course they have one of those suspicious internet social events...)?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.