GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Waaah! No fair, Ashley banned, etc etc"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/09/02 at 19:20
Regular
"A notabel step on my fase but he wont get bann Bcos the staff luv notabls so much,

Why is it 1 rule for 1 and 1 for another. Lifes not fair. I hate u mum."

Enough of this crap. Enough.

In life there are rules. You break the rules, you may get punished. But not everyone that commits a crime always gets caught do they?

Ashley's excuse really is rather feeble. He pressed the report button 4 times but as nothing was done about it he started spewing foul abuse.

Er, okay. So you click the link and the staff are supposed to come running are they? You think someone sits in the banmobile all day waiting for you to click the link so they can come running in like some camp super hero?

Because this is real life, that doesn't happen. You click that link, and you wait for staff to deal as they see fit. You don't click it 4 times in half an hour then respond to it anyway. That's just stupid.

And yet again, somehow it comes back to notables, doesn't it? With fools like Absolut Neo saying "What would happen if one of their precious notables did this?"

Well get this Neo, we wouldn't do that, because we're not stupid. See?

Now I don't have a problem with Ashley, but he stepped over the line. He can come back, and everything will be fine.

But maybe people will know they can't make comments like that in the future?

I'd rather see people ignore those that are only here to wind others up, then they might go away. But no, you keep on swallowing up their bait, and they love it.

So who is the dumb one?
Thu 19/09/02 at 19:20
Regular
"not dead"
"A notabel step on my fase but he wont get bann Bcos the staff luv notabls so much,

Why is it 1 rule for 1 and 1 for another. Lifes not fair. I hate u mum."

Enough of this crap. Enough.

In life there are rules. You break the rules, you may get punished. But not everyone that commits a crime always gets caught do they?

Ashley's excuse really is rather feeble. He pressed the report button 4 times but as nothing was done about it he started spewing foul abuse.

Er, okay. So you click the link and the staff are supposed to come running are they? You think someone sits in the banmobile all day waiting for you to click the link so they can come running in like some camp super hero?

Because this is real life, that doesn't happen. You click that link, and you wait for staff to deal as they see fit. You don't click it 4 times in half an hour then respond to it anyway. That's just stupid.

And yet again, somehow it comes back to notables, doesn't it? With fools like Absolut Neo saying "What would happen if one of their precious notables did this?"

Well get this Neo, we wouldn't do that, because we're not stupid. See?

Now I don't have a problem with Ashley, but he stepped over the line. He can come back, and everything will be fine.

But maybe people will know they can't make comments like that in the future?

I'd rather see people ignore those that are only here to wind others up, then they might go away. But no, you keep on swallowing up their bait, and they love it.

So who is the dumb one?
Thu 19/09/02 at 19:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Here here. Whilst Ashley has been here for a while etc... The rules on the home page do not change. Abusive language is naughty, don't do it.
Thu 19/09/02 at 19:29
There's no room on the forums for potty mouths.
Thu 19/09/02 at 19:33
Regular
'Banmobile'? SR should definitely invest in one of those.

These sort of arguments run and run, but in defence of Neo I don't think he was referring to the notables, and I certainly don't think he was referring to you. The animosity is created when you read something that you deem a banning offence, but nothing is done. Hell, Lord H wrote a spoof where members of the forum (including myself) engaged in ...ahem... homosexual activity. I reported the post.

Was anything done? No.

Meka, most of the anger, from where I sit, derives from inconsistency - if one person is banned for writing offensive material, and others aren't, then problems are bound to be caused.
Thu 19/09/02 at 19:47
Regular
"i am fubby"
here here
Thu 19/09/02 at 19:53
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It's all my fault...

If I didn't call Techno Freak a stupid idiotic fanboy he would have never made the topic about me being gay...

~res~ wouldn't have made more extra comments in that thread about me being gay...

Ashley wouldn't have defended me and got banned...

*Busts out crying and runs away*
Thu 19/09/02 at 20:04
"slightlyshortertagl"
nice one Meka
Thu 19/09/02 at 20:13
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Unban Ashley!
I'm glad you agree Meka!
Thu 19/09/02 at 20:13
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I've not head of the "banmobile" but one of the staff members claims to have invented the worlds first "Banmorang" a scary prospect or what :S
Thu 19/09/02 at 20:16
Regular
"Max Power"
Stryke wrote:
Let it go. He's banned. And the forums are a better place for it.
We could go rose-tinted if you want:
i miss golden rhino e.t.c
in the bring ashley back forum

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.