GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Liberty City Stories."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories'.
Wed 02/11/05 at 23:26
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Got a chance to play this today for around an hour, and first impressions were very good. Graphically it's easily as good as GTA3 on the PS2, but with much better character animation. Controls will take a bit of getting used to, it doesn't work so well with just one analogue stick, but I'm sure I'll get used to it over time. And best of all, Lazlow's back with Chatterbox, although it's called LCFR now.

:)
Tue 15/11/05 at 13:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Wow, they're all the same games as last year! And the year before! And before that!
Tue 15/11/05 at 09:43
Regular
"AKA oasismark"
Woah, woah, woah, woah woah! Sweet baby jesus and the orphans!!

hold on a minute my friend.

No good games coming out for PSP!!!

Pro Evolution Soccer 5
Football Manager 2006
Gran Turismo

Admitted GTA is the killer ap, but abit harsh to sell the whole system.

Mind you maybe your putting towards a xbox360, which is prefereably over a PSP.
Mon 14/11/05 at 21:16
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Finished GTA on Saturday. It was good, but considering there's nothing else worth getting on PSP I'm gonna sell it now, along with the PSP. They'll be on ebay shortly, and I might throw a Dreamcast with both Shenmue games into the bargain.
Mon 14/11/05 at 21:02
Regular
"hulagadoo"
yessum. Play it every day at college, theres about 5 of us who play. Mostly play liberty city survivor mode as its just like deathmatch which is always fun. other modes like road rage (racing) protection racket or something where one gang defends their "limos" from another ect ect. All good stuff
Mon 14/11/05 at 19:38
Regular
"Catch it!"
Any of you played multiplayer on it yet?
Mon 14/11/05 at 14:49
Regular
I see your point, but what I'm saying is - new content or not - another GTA game on PS2 (being this one) would still hit number 1, guaranteed.

Anyhoo, it's not going to happen, and just as well - the PSP has an exclusive member of the franchise that is worth buying a PSP for.
Mon 14/11/05 at 14:14
Regular
"AKA oasismark"
I don't think it would.

What's in LCS, that isn't in GTA3, Vice City & San Andreas?

There's nothing at all, that's new, it's all been done before.

This game wouldn't have been made if the PSP wasn't around.

A new GTA game on the PS2 would have had to better San Andreas in size and features, and LCS is small in comparison to San Andreas.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not slagging it, it's a superb game!
best game on PSP by a mile, till pes5 is out ;), but it's not a PS2 release and would be a step back from San Andreas if it was released for PS2.
Mon 14/11/05 at 13:57
Regular
You can't deny it'd sell by the bucketload - and possibly reach number 1 - if it was released on PS2.
Mon 14/11/05 at 13:43
Regular
"AKA oasismark"
Bullett wrote:
> It works very well actually, considering there's an analog stick
> missing.
>

Yep

> Visually, like many other PSP games, it's almost identical to the PS2
> version (GTA3 in this case).
>

Looks and sounds great

> They've crammed so much into this game, and made it so simple to
> control, it's like you're playing a Proper home console game. This
> could have been released on PS2/Xbox and sold just as well as any
> other GTA game!

I do disagree with that point though, there's nothing in this GTA game that isn't in the others. The PS2 versions gradually added more feature with each incarnation, but LCS is nothing new. The appeal is it's on a handheld, even if you sit at home playing it, the appeal is it's GTA on a PSP.

It's only selling cos it's for the PSP. I know i wouldn't buy it if it was on PS2, cos it's all been done before, and with san andreas & vice city, much bigger and better.

If you have a PSP, buy it no doubt, but if you want to play GTA games, play it on your PS2.

:D
Mon 14/11/05 at 13:36
Regular
"AKA oasismark"
I think the targeting is quite arkward, i've been killed many times cos i can't target the right person, it will target the nearest personto you, even when someone 1 meter further away will be gunning you down.

But i dunno how they could have made it better.

(i spent about 1 hour just doing bike jumps the other day, great game and value for money)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.