GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"how embarrasing"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/09/02 at 12:33
Regular
just got my monthly email newsletter from (another site that isn't as good as this one - ed) and they had the new release for each format headlined as follows

Ps2 - Tekken4
Pc - Conflict desert storm
GC - Residenbt Evil

x box - Buffy the vampire slayer!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA wow, better rush out and get an xbox
Sun 22/09/02 at 12:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Whitestripes - Us losing Wreckless as an exclusive would be like you getting the news that Universal Studios was going multiformat. There really isn't any reason to care - cause its cack.

More vehicles and missions won't save the game from what it is. I got the game on the X-Box release day and as its already been said, its really just a show off of graphics. The actual game is frustrating and a chore to play through.

Anyway, its not like the X-Box is short of exclusive games right now and over the coming months is it.
Titles that are exclusive right now to X-Box that spring to mind are...
Halo (although due out mid next year on PC)
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Project Gothem Racing
Jet Set Radio Future
Dead Or Alive 3
Crazy Taxi 3
Blood Wake
Amped
OddWorld: Munch's Oddysee
Gun Metal
Mad Dash Racing (I think)

Then theres something like 75 other exclusive games on the way. Some of the main ones that spring to mind are...
Halo 2
Blinx: The Timesweeper
Mech Assault
Steel Battalion
Dead Or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball
Dead Or Alive 4
Toejam & Earl 3
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Midtown Madness 3
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
Project Gothem 2
Ninja Gaiden
WWE Raw Is War
WWE Raw Is War 2
Tao Feng
Splinter Cell (not thinking otherwise till something concrete appears)
Brute Force
Project Ego
House Of The Dead 3

I'll end there for now, but those are titles that spring to mind.
Not saying you think theres no decent exclusive titles coming out by the way - just giving plenty of reason why theres no worries about losing a game like Wreckless as an exclusive.
Sun 22/09/02 at 11:19
Regular
Yes but it was already in development during the launch of the Xbox version, but currently Buffy is only on Xbox! I can't wait to get this game because currently I only have Dead or Alive 3 and Amped as games with pick up and play value, Halo, Max Payne, PGR and RalliSport Challenge require a few hours of play as they are terribly addictive :)
Sun 22/09/02 at 11:16
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> Isn't that what they were saying about Wreckless a month ago (or is it
> on PS2 as well?)?
>
> Only a month later they announced it was coming to the Cube with more
> vehicles and twice as many missions..

Its a really poor game though, Excellent Graphics but poor Gameplay.
Sun 22/09/02 at 01:49
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Buffy is X-Box exclusive mate.

Isn't that what they were saying about Wreckless a month ago (or is it on PS2 as well?)?

Only a month later they announced it was coming to the Cube with more vehicles and twice as many missions..
Sun 22/09/02 at 00:15
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> I cannot be bothered to argue, But the Xbox and GC can outpeform the
> PS2 by a long way!

Yes, it's the X-Box and GameCube that are very similar and thanks to the GameCube's abilities to do certain special effects that other consoles can't, they're just about equal.
Sat 21/09/02 at 19:44
Regular
I agree, Vice City will be good, but I am still bored from GTA III, lol, it will come to the PC soon after anyway so I think I can survive with:

Splinter Cell
MGS2 Substance
Blinx
Racing Evoluzione
Hitman 2
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Ghost Recon
SWAT Global Justice
Operation Flashpoint
Rainbow Six Raven Shield
Conflict Desert Storm
Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind
WWE: RAW is War (don't qoute reviews because any game with The Rock in is A* :) + they range from 5.0 to 9.2)
Dead To Rights
Shenmue 2X
Unreal Championship
Kelly Slaters Pro Surfer
Time Spliters 2
Return To Castle Wolfinstien

Thats off the top of my head for this year :) I think I will survive without Vice City :)
Sat 21/09/02 at 19:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Although Vice City will no doubt be a good game, I think I'll be ok living without it. ;-)
Sat 21/09/02 at 19:14
Regular
Gridloch wrote:
> the Xbox isn't that much more powerful than the PS2, anyway we have
> Vice city :P

Thats the most ridiculous thing i have heard all day.

I cannot be bothered to argue, But the Xbox and GC can outpeform the PS2 by a long way!
Sat 21/09/02 at 19:12
"For the horde!!!!"
the Xbox isn't that much more powerful than the PS2, anyway we have Vice city :P
Sat 21/09/02 at 18:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah, I don't think the GC version will match the X-Box one. As garbe said, the controller thing is debatable as it really comes down to personal preference. But as far as the rest goes, X-Box will no doubt have the sharper visuals and sound, etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.