GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kids tv nowdays utter tripe."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/09/02 at 16:34
Regular
AS a lowly student i obviously have far to much time on my hands I am internet hooked and a master of daytime tv! It has stuck me whilst reading the modern bible (tv guide) that Kids nowadays have utter crap on tv. Were as my generation had quality programs like turtles the get Tweenies and other crap. Personally I blame Rosie and Jim the people who began the corruption of modern day kids TV. this was followed by utter sh!te like power rangers and the likes. I am afraid for this generation they will become weird with such rubbish on tv and society will decay.

Save the youth of today!
Wed 09/04/03 at 19:12
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
In my day, i watched pokemon, it had first come to the uk. I also loved the ol' Pwer rangers. They bring back memories.*Sniffs*
Wed 09/04/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Back when I was a kid (puffs pipe) we didn't really have much daytime TV for kids. But Saturday mornings were the business. We had Champion the Wonder Horse, Lassie, and The Lone Ranger, all 3 were in black and white.
Wed 09/04/03 at 13:50
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
*perks up*
Wed 09/04/03 at 13:45
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
didn't it have identical twin cheerleaders in it too?
Wed 09/04/03 at 13:42
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Fun House was great because it was made at the time when Pat Sharp had the biggest baddest mullet ever.
Wed 09/04/03 at 13:37
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Erm..wrong programme then..

Anyway which way, Fun House and ReBoot were two of my favourite kiddies programmes, and maybe the Teenage Turtles things.

I had that game on NES, it rules.
Wed 09/04/03 at 13:33
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
phuzzy wrote:
> Whats 'Trapdoor'?
>
> Vague memories I have, but I'm not sure if its of that.

Trap Door was the misadventures of Berk, some kind of West Country-accented blue blob, Bony, a skull voiced by Willie Rushton and Drut, which can only be described as a "thing".
There was 'The Thing Upstairs' that always wanted food and there was a trap door where lots of fantastical creatures came out from when it was left open.
Wed 09/04/03 at 13:33
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
No VHS
Wed 09/04/03 at 13:32
Regular
VCD?
Wed 09/04/03 at 13:31
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
The sagacious one wrote:
> The Mysterious Cities of Gold: about 100 episodes long and it made
> absolutley no sense. Loved it.

I've got this on Video, If you wanna copy e-mail me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.