GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Kids tv nowdays utter tripe."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/09/02 at 16:34
Regular
AS a lowly student i obviously have far to much time on my hands I am internet hooked and a master of daytime tv! It has stuck me whilst reading the modern bible (tv guide) that Kids nowadays have utter crap on tv. Were as my generation had quality programs like turtles the get Tweenies and other crap. Personally I blame Rosie and Jim the people who began the corruption of modern day kids TV. this was followed by utter sh!te like power rangers and the likes. I am afraid for this generation they will become weird with such rubbish on tv and society will decay.

Save the youth of today!
Sun 15/09/02 at 16:34
Regular
AS a lowly student i obviously have far to much time on my hands I am internet hooked and a master of daytime tv! It has stuck me whilst reading the modern bible (tv guide) that Kids nowadays have utter crap on tv. Were as my generation had quality programs like turtles the get Tweenies and other crap. Personally I blame Rosie and Jim the people who began the corruption of modern day kids TV. this was followed by utter sh!te like power rangers and the likes. I am afraid for this generation they will become weird with such rubbish on tv and society will decay.

Save the youth of today!
Sun 15/09/02 at 16:37
Regular
"Keep Cool!!!"
Year I think they should take away all the modern day crap and bring back what there used to be.
Sun 15/09/02 at 16:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Why did you have to mention rosie and Jim? Why? Why did you have to bring all the memories I had worked so hard to repress to the surface? Oh...God..It's all coming back to me
*a crazy smile comes over gerrid's face*
"Rosie and Jim, Rosie and Jim..."
*rocks slowly on the floor*
"Help me...please..."
Sun 15/09/02 at 16:42
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Bring back Bucky O' Hare!

:D
Sun 15/09/02 at 16:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Bucky O'Hare. I loved that programme sooo much. That has made me feel better. Oh the memories.
*smiles*
Sun 15/09/02 at 16:47
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
You meantioned all of the crappy kids programmes except for two:

Pokémon and Digimon!

How can you miss them? They are so crap that you can't miss them!
Sun 15/09/02 at 16:54
Regular
It's not Rosie and Jim's fault. It's CITV's and CBBCs.
Remember when it was just a voice who presented CITV? And the CBBC Broom Cuboard? Back then Kids TV ruled.
Knightmare, ReBoot, Transformers, Thundercats, He-Man, Defenders of the Earth, Centurians etc.

Ever since CBBC and CITV switched to Slack jawed inbred morons presenters (Don't get me started on Otis the ******* Aardvark.)The programmes have spiraled into a brightly colored happy go MUUUUUUH-fest(it's a word).
Angelmouse,Titch,Teletubbies,Tweenies and a hundred carbon copies of Pokémon.

Even Blue Peter has gotten worse!

Back then Cartoons were violent.People died in them,the world would be at risk from being destroyed or frozen or covered with lava each week. Now the most horrific thing cartoon writers can think up is how "Titch" can bake a cake for grandpa's brithday without him finding out and ruining the *ucking suprise.

The writers grew up watching decent cartoons, how in God's name do they come up with this crap?

URRRRRRGH, now I feel old.
Sun 15/09/02 at 17:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I hate Blue Peter so much.
I can't bring myself to watch it. It's just so bad. So incredibly bad, they're so patronising.
Sun 15/09/02 at 17:12
Regular
It's always been patronising but now it just takes the-***s. At least I could stand to watch it when there wasn't anything else on but now it just makes me want to jam a rusty nail in my eye and throw stuff at the TV.

Remember when Anthea Turner made Tracy Island? To say it was on Blue Peter and *ahem* she made it from scratch, it was pretty cool.

Now all they can think up is a Hair Salon for your dollies.

Morons.

"This week we are going to clean out the Blue Peter pond in the Blue Peter Garden for the first time in fifteen years"

*Bint climbs into the pond and almost slipping and smacking her face on the concrete*

"Be careful, its slippy"

*Nic repeatedly smacks her face*
Sun 15/09/02 at 17:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I made that Tracy Island. I didn't think that they made things on Blue Peter anymore. I thought that they just made Sunflowers and ran crappy competitions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.