GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First Resort"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/09/02 at 14:37
Regular
To be sung to the tune of... er... "Last Resort" by Papa Roach.

Cut Bill Gates into pieces,
This is my first resort.
Suffication, no breathing,
Don't give a f*f**k if I cut his arm bleeding.

This is my first resort.

I've reached my first resort, suffication, no breathing.
Don't give a f*f**k if I cut his arm bleeding,
Do you even care if he dies bleeding?
Would it be wrong, would it be right,
If I took his life tonight? Chances are that I might.
Mutilation out of sight,
And I'm contemplating homocide.

'Cos I'm losing my sight, losing my mind,
Wish somebody would tell me I'm fine.
Losing my sight, losing my mind,

I never realised he was after my cash,
Til it was too late and then my soul was slashed.
Always feeding on money and living in sin,
Dollars spiral, where do I begin?
It all started when he stole my wallet,
No regret for his sins or "sorry I stole it".
I'm seaching to find a decent console,
Finding nothing but train sims and Halo.

I'm losing my sight, losing my mind,

Nothing's all right, nothing is fine.
I'm running and I'm crying.
I'm crying, I'm crying,
I'm crying, I'm crying.

He... can't... go... on... spend... ing... this... way.

This is my first resort.
Suffication, no breathing,
Don't give a f*f**k if I cut his arm bleeding.

Would it be wrong, would it be right,
If I took his life tonight? Chances are that I might.
Mutilation out of sight,
And I'm contemplating homocide.

'Cos I'm losing my sight, losing my mind,

Nothing's all right, nothing is fine.
I'm running and I'm crying.

HE... CAN'T... GO... ON... SPEND... ING.... THIS.... WAY!!!!

Can't go on,
Spending this way.

Nothing's all.... RIGHT!
Fri 20/09/02 at 18:59
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
To Strafex - I know the other stuff is optional, but overall £15 more than a GC once its memory card is added on is an excellent price as far as I see. And I know its not value for money that will grab sales, but one thing I really don't see is why some people still stamp their feet, calling the X-Box over priced.

Anyway, onto online gaming. I don't think of it so much as a rival to the usual mates in living room type multiplayer. I think of it as another branch as it were, a seperate experience.
To really get the most out of online gaming, you want to be looking at the big multiplayer games - the ones that support around 12 players onwards.
Take a game such as Phantasy Star Online and although its good, its not a game that will last forever.
Afterall, your playing a 4 player game in the long run, something you can do in your living room with friends. The only real time you see loads of players is in the lobby - which basically makes it a 3D chatroom with characters representing us. ;-))

Now don't get me wrong PSO is a great game and its nice to meet various people. The real strength of online gaming is taking part in large multiplayers and playing against other people all over the world on your favourite games.
See what I mean about a seperate experience ? When playing against your friends, your just playing against the same people all the time and if they have to rely on coming to you to play a game, chances are your always going to flick them away like desperate little insects.
Online, your facing people that play the game just as much as you. So you soon find out how good you really are.
Its always nice to meet other gamers and maybe get in contact with them regularly - just like its nice to chat to people on here. So this is another strong point of online gaming for some people.

An excellent thing about X-Box Live in particular is that it will have an online matchmaking service (not a dating service !) ;-))
So rather than just getting the hell kicked out of you by players that might be better than you on certain games or when your just easing into things, you can be put with people of a similar level of skill as you so its much more fun to play.

So for me, there are 3 different areas when it comes to playing. The single player experience where you play a game until you finish it (and of course maybe go back for more). Multiplayer - where you can enjoy a laugh with your close friends in the living room as you beat 7 shades of crap out of eachother.
And then online - where you go to mingle with loads of other gamers, take part in large multiplayer games, download extras for games you own and generally test yourself against other people.
:-)
Fri 20/09/02 at 17:43
"The Will of D."
Ok I'll stop acting like a prejudice guy, and will respect what opinions everyone else has, except for the banning supreme guy who has got a thousand names. I'm talking to you ~Res~.
Fri 20/09/02 at 17:39
Regular
I have 4-player-multiplayer xbox sessions nearly every weekend round my mates/at my house.

I agree what you are saying that its good to have people in the same room playing, But its fun to play against people maybe 3000 miles across the sea, PC Online gaming is fun, Just imagine Xbox Live!

Goin to Stuff Life to see it !
Fri 20/09/02 at 14:37
Regular
"Remember me?"
Edgy wrote:
> Strafex wrote:
> Savatt, I agree with what you're saying about the Memory card, but
> the
> rest is pretty much optional.so
>
> Only hardcore gamers really care about online gaming,
>
> I'm a hardcore gamer, and so is Dark Mark, and as far as I know, he
> agrees with me when I say online gaming is nothing compared to
> split-screen with mates in the same room. After all, it's free, and
> better for your social life (if you have one).

Well I'm not completely against online gaming... but as Edgy correctly stated, multiplayer splitscreen gaming is far better. There's far more fun to be had sitting around with your mates than sitting on your lonesome, playing against people you can't see and probably don't even know. Chances are, you couldn't even brag about your victory to that person that next day.
Fri 20/09/02 at 14:30
Regular
Strafex wrote:
> Savatt, I agree with what you're saying about the Memory card, but the
> rest is pretty much optional.
>
> Only hardcore gamers really care about online gaming,

I'm a hardcore gamer, and so is Dark Mark, and as far as I know, he agrees with me when I say online gaming is nothing compared to split-screen with mates in the same room. After all, it's free, and better for your social life (if you have one).
Fri 20/09/02 at 12:44
Regular
Savatt, I agree with what you're saying about the Memory card, but the rest is pretty much optional.

Only hardcore gamers really care about online gaming, and not ALL of those have broadband, or want to pay an extra £50 a year (I do, but I'm not everyone! :-) ) for it.

Also, while MS's games are good, most of them are purely aimed at the very hardcore gamer and alienate the rest of the market.
I'm fine with Halo, but see a newbie gamer/kid try to play it. It's almost to painful to watch!

Also, many of the hardcore gamers that MS are aimed at have already sided with MS and Sony.

And at the end of the day, how good a console and it's value means little to sales.

The PS2 is inferior to both consoles, and more expensive than them both.
It's outselling them by miles!

There's no justice in this industry!
Fri 20/09/02 at 12:40
Regular
Res, come back in a couple of weeks when everyone's forgotten about you.

New name, new identity and a lack of anti-Nintendo fanboy activities would be perfect cover. :-)
Fri 20/09/02 at 11:22
Regular
"I aint Res"
ok so the low profile is stright outta the window now LOL D'oh
Fri 20/09/02 at 10:30
Regular
"I aint Res"
damn got spotted (again) probably keep a low profile for a while, maybe post like 1 a day or something.

Laterz people, shame it has to come to this, just hope i become a reg in time for the elections :(

maybe i'll just post round here now and then as when i appear in the FOG forum i'm gone stright away.

i will return :)
Fri 20/09/02 at 09:27
Regular
"Red Egg Sandwich"
Savatt78 wrote:
> Thing is Strafex, yes the GC is still £30 cheaper than the
> X-Box, but you get more for your money with X-Box.
> Lets face it, when you buy a GC you need at least one memory card, so
> thats at least another £15. So what was £130 is really
> £145 unless your the 1 in a million player that doesn't want to
> save their progress, etc on their games.
>
> So overall, the GC is really £15 cheaper than an X-Box. Now
> bear in mind how huge the hard drive is and £15 doesn't seem
> like much at all. Plus if your a gamer whose interested in online
> play, if you own a GC your looking at what, another £20 -
> £30 for an adapter ? So now the GC becomes more expensive than
> an X-Box.
>
> Yes the GC is cheap - its the hidden costs that soon bump up the
> price.
>
> And before someone like Devious Dragon starts stamping their feet
> about games and that Nintendo are the best, etc - bare in mind that
> thats a matter of opinion.
> A lot of people in here have bought the X-Box for the same reason
> other people have bought their PS2 or their GC - because to them, the
> console offers the best games for their tastes.

if i made posts like this maybe i wouldn't of got banned LOL.

all i wanna do now is just stay in the forums keep myself to myself and not get pulled into those silly arguments.

hope i keep this name, suits me down to the ground :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.