GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Twin Towers - Is everyone wrong??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/09/02 at 21:28
Regular
I am going to say my opinion on the matter, but carefully as not to upset or offend any people.

I think America going to war against Osama is wrong and right, but more wrong. Retalliation never got the world anywhere, it might make one person feel more secure but can destroy many normal lives, physically and mentally.
I feel sorrow for the 3000 that died on that day, but realistically, if it happened to say Chile or Peru, no one would really care, no one would mark the day or moment, just because its America everyone should have to pay tribute, which i think is silly.
I already know that most of europe has a hatred for America, because they realised that America was doing bad before september 11 ever happend.

America took upon itself the duty to police the world, but no one elected America to do this, since when does one country take control of the world, thats wrong in itself, even if they are serving justice, no one takes on that right.

I think America looks blindly upon Osmamas beliefs and others, although his attitude isnt exactly great, but i think everyone takes things way too seriously, why not just leave the normal people and civilians out of this.

Words can cure anything, War can only cure one mans hatred and desire for pain onto others for what was put upon him.
If america just left everything as it is, insted of trying to rule the world single handidly, then maybe no tradigies would ever happen...

the relivance to gaming none, but i though it should be said...

Shorty
Thu 12/09/02 at 22:44
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
well the war on terror has had some positive effects. Afganistan is now free, no oppressive regime. Also i think attacking Iraq is ok. Mainly because Iraq is flouting about 22 UN resolutions and has been since the gulf war. The UN can't make resolutions and then not do anything when people break them. Saddam Hussain is unlikely to launch nuclear weapons against the west BUT he is more likely to sell one. Possibly to Al-Quada.
Thu 12/09/02 at 22:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
He invaded Kuwait because he wanted the territory, and the oil scandal was just a poor cover up. He would have more to lose by launching missiles than he would have to gain.
Thu 12/09/02 at 22:31
"High polygon count"
gerrid wrote:
> But what reason would Hussein have for launching nuclear missiles,

Well, he invaded Kuwait because he accused them of oil overproduction.

If he can invade over that, I'm sure it wouldn't take much for him to lob a nuke at someone.
Thu 12/09/02 at 22:13
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter wot we think cos Bush is gonna do the warmonger thing n e way. Saddams prob got nice little stockpiles of all sortsa lovely diseases in Britain and America already so we'd either get called up or die of some mingin flesh eating bug.
Thu 12/09/02 at 22:09
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> But what reason would Hussein have for launching nuclear missiles,
> it's only going to get him killed. If you attack him, you are more
> likely to get attacked in retaliation, not less.

That's a fair point but......

So Hussein will attack us from his grave will he?

Once he's sodded off, we can all go back to normal life. Not worrying about him and his martyrs next move.
Thu 12/09/02 at 22:05
Regular
"bit of a brain"
But what reason would Hussein have for launching nuclear missiles, it's only going to get him killed. If you attack him, you are more likely to get attacked in retaliation, not less.
Thu 12/09/02 at 21:49
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> Quinty wrote:
>
> But you're deviating from the point. This Simon dude is basically
> saying that we should ease off Hussain and Bin Laden.
>
> Just like the rest of the world did whilst Hitler nazified Germany.
>
> Look what happened there!

Exactly my point my friend.

We need to stop these "People" now otherwise it could spiral out of control.
Thu 12/09/02 at 21:47
Regular
Quinty wrote:

> But you're deviating from the point. This Simon dude is basically
> saying that we should ease off Hussain and Bin Laden.

Just like the rest of the world did whilst Hitler nazified Germany.

Look what happened there!
Thu 12/09/02 at 21:44
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> But the Americans murdered so many innocent Afghan civilians in
> retaliation, yet we dont't have a minutes silence for them, do we? Is
> it becausee the Americans were better? Ih yes, that must be it.

Do we know this for a fact? No.

Most of the video footage shown is blatent propaganda.

But you're deviating from the point. This Simon dude is basically saying that we should ease off Hussain and Bin Laden.

That's almost like saying "Fancy bombing us today lads"
Thu 12/09/02 at 21:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
But the Americans murdered so many innocent Afghan civilians in retaliation, yet we dont't have a minutes silence for them, do we? Is it becausee the Americans were better? Ih yes, that must be it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.