GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Twin Towers - Is everyone wrong??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/09/02 at 21:28
Regular
I am going to say my opinion on the matter, but carefully as not to upset or offend any people.

I think America going to war against Osama is wrong and right, but more wrong. Retalliation never got the world anywhere, it might make one person feel more secure but can destroy many normal lives, physically and mentally.
I feel sorrow for the 3000 that died on that day, but realistically, if it happened to say Chile or Peru, no one would really care, no one would mark the day or moment, just because its America everyone should have to pay tribute, which i think is silly.
I already know that most of europe has a hatred for America, because they realised that America was doing bad before september 11 ever happend.

America took upon itself the duty to police the world, but no one elected America to do this, since when does one country take control of the world, thats wrong in itself, even if they are serving justice, no one takes on that right.

I think America looks blindly upon Osmamas beliefs and others, although his attitude isnt exactly great, but i think everyone takes things way too seriously, why not just leave the normal people and civilians out of this.

Words can cure anything, War can only cure one mans hatred and desire for pain onto others for what was put upon him.
If america just left everything as it is, insted of trying to rule the world single handidly, then maybe no tradigies would ever happen...

the relivance to gaming none, but i though it should be said...

Shorty
Fri 13/09/02 at 12:38
"slightlyshortertagl"
Quinty wrote:
> Once he's sodded off, we can all go back to normal life. Not worrying
> about him and his martyrs next move.

I have never read a more conceited and one-sided comment in my life.

These suicide bombers are not Iraqi, the suicide bombers in Palestine are Palestinians who have been oppressed by the Israelis, not mad Iraqis hell-0bent on wrecking the western world.
Fri 13/09/02 at 12:32
Regular
~Res~ wrote:
> still disagree. if one country can hit and kill innocent people we
> should do the same,

Thats probably the stupidiest thing i've read in this thread...
Fri 13/09/02 at 12:28
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
still disagree. if one country can hit and kill innocent people we should do the same, and anyway i'm a bit tired of people going on about it really. it's not really down to us what they do anyway.
Fri 13/09/02 at 12:24
Regular
I'll apologise to Flanders, his post does seem to make more sense than some of the others who say "I say we hit the Afghan's hard!!!".

Sorry, you got caught in my slur on some of the numpties in here.
Fri 13/09/02 at 11:58
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Bonus wrote:
> The only person here who isn't grossly out of their depth when it
> comes to world politics seems to be Wookie.
>
> Fair enough you little nippers can have your opinion but your immature
> views are exactly the reason that you aren't allowed to vote until
> your 18. Just you guys get back to school and stick in at modern
> studies than you may just learn a little about that world rather than
> wht you can make up on an internet forum.

Bonus - you are a damn fool.
Fri 13/09/02 at 11:50
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
LOL i'm 20 by the way, and i still think it's right we fight back,

how old was the original poster?
Fri 13/09/02 at 11:47
Regular
The only person here who isn't grossly out of their depth when it comes to world politics seems to be Wookie.

Fair enough you little nippers can have your opinion but your immature views are exactly the reason that you aren't allowed to vote until your 18. Just you guys get back to school and stick in at modern studies than you may just learn a little about that world rather than wht you can make up on an internet forum.
Fri 13/09/02 at 10:41
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
what do you exspect them to do though? go up to Bin Laden and say "hi mate you killed several thousand people in our country do you errrr wanna talk about it?"

it's dumb, i heard some guy on the radio saying it was the American goverment that set it up LOL there are some real idiots out there i have to say.

Terrorism is still terrorism and if you eliminate the threat before they can do anything then do that.

look back at the second world war when they ignored Hitlier. I say hit the afgan's and hit em hard.

they were stupid to attack in the first place and saying we should do nothing is stupid as if we were doing everything the right way then Osama should of talked to the countrys about his views not attack one.

i'm behind the US all the way. oh and don't forget about all those brits who died too.
Fri 13/09/02 at 10:22
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I'm sorry but the original post isn't done from somebody trying to be a do-gooder - it was done by somebody who has no concept of what actually happened or the consequences thereof.

If the USA had done nothing to retaliate then all that we would have to have done was wait for the next act of terror to follow. As someone else pointed out in this thread - Saddam probably would not launch a nuke even if he had it because he would lose much more than he would gain.

The real threat is that he would construct a device and then sell it onto somebody like Bin Laden who would have no hesitation to use it. He has no land to lose now so he cares not who the USA would retaliate against - he has no care for any human life and would not stop to think for a second before he launched.
Thu 12/09/02 at 22:53
"High polygon count"
And what possible use would he have for the territory when Iraq is hardly over populated?

He wanted, so he tried to take. He fired SCUDS at Israel, too, which they thought may have held chemical agents. Suppose they had? They could soon. Or nuclear warheads in a few years. He's already tried to buy radioactive material once.

He's a lunatic who will attack at the slightest provocation - possibly even with none whatsoever. Would you rather wait until he does have the capability to pop off a missile bound for the UK with chemical agents aboard? Trust me, that would seriously mess up your plans for the weekend, and "oops, okay, I was wrong" doesn't make much of an apology.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.