GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox DVD playback"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/09/02 at 00:49
Regular
Heh, i love reading through the arguments in this forum...

Anyways, i aint here to comment on that...

Basically, I want a DVD player for my bedroom. I was thinking of buying a player for around £150ish. Then all of a sudden it hits me that the Xbox is around the same price, and will also be multi-region when dvd region x comes out later this month. Plus i'll be able to play the few quality titles on the xbox ;)

The main question is this, how does the DVD playback compare with the PS2 playback?

All comments appreciated.

WoRd
Mon 02/09/02 at 01:14
Regular
Its very good, the remote allows full control of all the DVD's capabilties and the the receiver is superb, it can pick up a recpetion from anywhere in the room without pressing the button 40 times. There isn't much more I can say on the matter, I don't want to start saying that it is better than PS2 ones (even though I owned a PS2 and watched a lot of DVD's on it) because then people say I am a fanboy etc! The actual DVD player is superb and is actually better than a lot of the top end stand-alone DVD players on the market. I am a big fan of DVD's and the Xbox DVD player does my collection justice! Well worth £160 especially when you consider the games out/coming out on the console as well!
Mon 02/09/02 at 01:09
Regular
Any DVD player is better than the PS2's DVD player :)

(bring it on Wookie)
Mon 02/09/02 at 00:53
"High polygon count"
This is an irrelevant post, as I can't help.

I got the remote and updated driver, along with Region X, for my PS2. As I find the PS2 playback perfectly acceptable (for my few R1 discs), and as I have a dedicated player for my R2 discs, I see no point in getting the remote for my Xbox.

But I do thoroughly recommend Region X - wonderful piece of software.

Oh well, maybe it wasn't completely irrelevant after all. :-)
Mon 02/09/02 at 00:49
Regular
Heh, i love reading through the arguments in this forum...

Anyways, i aint here to comment on that...

Basically, I want a DVD player for my bedroom. I was thinking of buying a player for around £150ish. Then all of a sudden it hits me that the Xbox is around the same price, and will also be multi-region when dvd region x comes out later this month. Plus i'll be able to play the few quality titles on the xbox ;)

The main question is this, how does the DVD playback compare with the PS2 playback?

All comments appreciated.

WoRd

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.