GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox DVD playback"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/09/02 at 00:49
Regular
Heh, i love reading through the arguments in this forum...

Anyways, i aint here to comment on that...

Basically, I want a DVD player for my bedroom. I was thinking of buying a player for around £150ish. Then all of a sudden it hits me that the Xbox is around the same price, and will also be multi-region when dvd region x comes out later this month. Plus i'll be able to play the few quality titles on the xbox ;)

The main question is this, how does the DVD playback compare with the PS2 playback?

All comments appreciated.

WoRd
Thu 05/09/02 at 21:21
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Or†ega wrote:
> Ah cool, the aint too big in size are they? This 56k modem doesnt seem
> to download things very fast ;)

They are streaming vids so with a 56K I wouldnt bother trying to get them, as you'll just end up with a blurred screen. Try IGN.com for videos. IGN have a system where you can only download or view 5 pictures before your locked out, to get around this just keep deleting all of your internet history every 5 files/pictures you look at or download. I think they do this to make people feel like paying.
Wed 04/09/02 at 23:41
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Hmmmmmmm, don't think they're too bad. Try one and see how it goes. :-)
Wed 04/09/02 at 23:37
Regular
Ah cool, the aint too big in size are they? This 56k modem doesnt seem to download things very fast ;)
Wed 04/09/02 at 23:35
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
If you want to look at trailers for games on the X-Box Ortega, try going to Xbox.com

Go into the games section and there loads of trailers to view on games that are either on the way or already out. :-)
Wed 04/09/02 at 23:07
Regular
Ah, cheers for help.

You xbox forum people aint *SO* bad ;)
Wed 04/09/02 at 22:28
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Or†ega wrote:
> Also, is the dvd region lock out only incorparated into the remote?

Sort of. Which ever remote is used first, the XBox locks to that region. So if you've used your region 2 remote the XBox is physically locked to region 2 and a region 1 remote would not work. So the only way to have the XBox multi-regional is to buy the Region-X device.
Wed 04/09/02 at 21:52
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Halo MUST be your next purchase.

As for the soundtrack thing, the rather excelent Rallisport also uses your music.

Mite wanna pick up the new edition of OXM this friday to see what interests you and to play a few demos.
Wed 04/09/02 at 20:57
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Not too sure about your region lock out question, but I can list the games that give you the chance to use your CD tracks. :-)

PGR
Amped
Crash
Gun Metal
Legends Of Wrestling (for a wrestlers entrance music)
Tony Hawks 3 (I think)

As far as I know, these are the titles that offer the chance for you to use your own tracks so far. Aggresive Inline might do this too but I'm not sure. :-)
Wed 04/09/02 at 20:16
Regular
Yeh, I'm enjoying it. Only got Dead or Alive 3 at the moment though. Cant get anymore games at the moment, I got cash flow problems :S Dont get paid for another 3 weeks as well...I'll get PG:R, Halo and somthin else though then.

Put a few dance tracks onto the soundtrack thingy. Which games can actually use this feature though? I hear PG:R uses it right?

Also, is the dvd region lock out only incorparated into the remote?

What I'm getting at here, would an American DVD playback kit work with a PAL Xbox allowing the playback of region 1 DVDs. It would be alot easier than having to boot up the DVD region X disc everytime.
Wed 04/09/02 at 19:18
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Hope you enjoy your Xbox Ortega.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.