GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Time Splitters 2, Die Hard or Metroid?? Help me!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/09/02 at 19:40
Regular
I have preordered Time Splitters 2, but is this the right choice?? Which one would you go for?? I thought i'll get the one with the most modes and stuff so you get your moneys worth, and Metroid is only one player!!!
Mon 02/09/02 at 16:59
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> My favourite FPS is Medal Of Honour: Allied Assault.
> It is much better than all GC shooters because you can actually
> control it easily. So I win.

Isnt metal of honour coming to GC?

Also i found the same problem with controling, im used to it now though.

Still wish that the 3D stick controled the aim and c-stick contoled the character.
Mon 02/09/02 at 16:56
Regular
"bit of a brain"
My favourite FPS is Medal Of Honour: Allied Assault.
It is much better than all GC shooters because you can actually control it easily. So I win.
Mon 02/09/02 at 16:51
Regular
1. Die Hard Vendetta
2. Timesplitters 2
3. Metroid Prime

I love FPS*, if you didnt know already, and i will most proberly get all 3 becuase of this.
But each one offers a diffrent kind of advantage.

*i love them but im starting to think im no good as im still stuck on 007 agent on JB in AUF which is meant to be really easy, still beating my freinds though.

Die Hard Vendetta has that thing where you grab the leader and the rest give up. The graphics, im not shallow but it is still a good point.
And the sound is Dolby pro logic 2.

Time splitters has the map editor for 1 player and multiplayer.
The story line has been changed so its actually good.

Metroid, well its nintendo. Cant really think of anything alse.
But must people dont regard it as FPS, or even a shooter.

And the FPS you missed out, becuase they arent even known to exist, or you dont like them.

Turok - loved the first 4, yes even rage wars, and it always has that atmosphere making you lean to try and look ahead around corners.

Perfect dark, enough said if there is one.

J.B. in D.A.D. - The first wasnt great but still good enough, and the bond theme around a film should help them.

Also the case of multiplayers, i read that die hards multiplayer was doing great and it was as good as goldeneye etc etc, maybe they stopped becuase of the 1 player becoming huge and rather spend time on that.
or like some one said they has so many ideas for it that they choose to make a whole game out of it.
Mon 02/09/02 at 16:21
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im hoping to get all three however if I could only choose one I would probably go for Timesplitters 2 - Im a great fan of the original, its still one of the best multiplayer games around and the sequel should be even better! Looking forward to the much improved single player mode - Should be awesome!
Mon 02/09/02 at 16:08
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Here is my order of the three games

1. Die Hard Vendetta
2. Timesplitters 2
3. Metroid Prime
Mon 02/09/02 at 15:58
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh please god don't let him become a regular.
Mon 02/09/02 at 15:58
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Oh please god don't let him become a regular.
Mon 02/09/02 at 13:35
Regular
"innocent"
struggle to become a regular look who's talking, you've only been on here 28 days but youve posted over 300 posts, thats desperate!, and sad. in fact have you even gone to bed or eaten in the last 28 days?
Mon 02/09/02 at 13:24
said boxcarboy as he desperatley struggles to be a regular but ill get timesplitters as i like shooting humans and shooting bugs is boring after a while i want alot of dinosaurs to kill and timespliters is pretty good as more human oponnents and i think metroid is doing to much at once but it shoul have machine guns because not everyone likes lasers
Mon 02/09/02 at 13:14
Regular
"innocent"
ive pre-ordered timesplitters 2 as well, mainly because i think that although metroid prime will be great graphically, from what ive heard and read its mainly just shooting bugs, and aliens and other creatures, while i prefer shooting a mix but mainly other human style characters. also i think die hard doesnt look as impressive from the screen shots ive seen. but i'll probably end up at least renting dies hard and metroid prime, or maybe buying them then swamping them.

ps. is it just me or does anyone think that medal of honour isnt as good as its hyped up to be, its a great idea for a setting ww2 dont get me wrong, but i mean after about the 4th level it all looked, well the same, and to be honest i found it a bit boring.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.