GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Time Splitters 2, Die Hard or Metroid?? Help me!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/09/02 at 19:40
Regular
I have preordered Time Splitters 2, but is this the right choice?? Which one would you go for?? I thought i'll get the one with the most modes and stuff so you get your moneys worth, and Metroid is only one player!!!
Wed 04/09/02 at 18:40
Regular
And to change it back to the topic:

The one im most looking forward to is die hard becuase you shoot people, not some strange alien/monkey things.
Wed 04/09/02 at 18:39
Regular
WelshMiyamoto wrote:

> Band of Brothers (2003) loved the TV series.

Easy company, good name for it. I loved it to.

have you got msn just i want to know the song of it, somin like "he'll never jump again" but i dont want to change the subject.
Wed 04/09/02 at 18:26
Regular
"waiting 4 Matrix 3"
I hope to get all of these FPS
Metroid Prime
The sum of all fears
Timesplitters 2
Turok Evolution
Medal of Honour Frontline
Band of Brothers (2003) loved the TV series
Die hard vendetta
Wed 04/09/02 at 03:24
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
more average games, get any of them there all about the same dull level.
Tue 03/09/02 at 11:49
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I can't wait for Timesplitters 2, the origanal had a great multiplayer mode and noew I have a Cube, I can experience the game in a 4-player split screen match.

Also, I like the look of Meteroid, but it isn't out for a fair few months yet, Which is why I'm looking forward to timesplitters 2 more at the moment. Like I said before, I'll more than likely own all three FPS when they are all released, they all look good enough to buy.
Tue 03/09/02 at 10:22
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:

> 3. Timesplitters 2
> Doesn't do anything for me.

Im only getting it for the map editor, the actual game only doesnt want me to buy it.
Mon 02/09/02 at 22:53
Regular
1. Metroid Prime
Can you imagine creeping down a dimly lit corridor, only to unearth a swarm of spider like aliens? You take a few shots but there's too many. Forgetting about fighting, you turn and sprint down the corridor and out into the open. Vast areas of Brinstar meet your eye, crawling with six foot alien monsters, shooting rapidly at you. Strafing from side to side, you take cover in a crater, shooting as you move..

And so on and so forth. This is how I imagine the game will be from screenshots and previews. I can't believe it isn't more highly anticipated.

2. Die Hard Vendetta
New story, great graphics. What more can I say? Yippee-ki-aye!

3. Timesplitters 2
Doesn't do anything for me.
Mon 02/09/02 at 17:17
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I can only imagine hte hilarity that would ensue.
I did that button swapping thing with my third party DC controller. It's hilarious watching people trying to run and finding themselves slide tackling in football games.
I think that you should definitely be given multiple control schemes for games, because the one that everybody is using at the moment isn't user friendly at all.
Mon 02/09/02 at 17:13
Regular
cheers for sorting that out gerrid.

As for the control system i hope games will come out when they will have loads of diffrent control styles, or maybe evan one where you make the controls yourself, that way everyone will be happy once they get what they want.

Or so then you could mess up your mates controls so they have no idea what they are doing.

c-stick fire, start reload.
Mon 02/09/02 at 17:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I agree with you about the control. I think that everyone has messed that up so far.
Medal Of Honour Frontline is coming to GC, not Allied Assault, but I don't care, because it won't be half as good. I know that the PS2 version isn't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.