GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Time Splitters 2, Die Hard or Metroid?? Help me!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/09/02 at 19:40
Regular
I have preordered Time Splitters 2, but is this the right choice?? Which one would you go for?? I thought i'll get the one with the most modes and stuff so you get your moneys worth, and Metroid is only one player!!!
Sun 08/09/02 at 20:07
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Could someone now please tell me the best bits about each game. I'm also worried about Metroid and Die Hard being to short and having no replay value, anyone know if their long games???
Sat 07/09/02 at 21:26
Regular
Yep, Metroid Prime will probably be a Halo beater.
Sat 07/09/02 at 17:46
Regular
"Festivus!"
Get Metroid Prime - Nintendo exclusive + Good Graphics + WINNER!
Sat 07/09/02 at 14:58
Regular
"eat me"
timesplitters fear the monkeys
Thu 05/09/02 at 19:54
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Metroid Prime will be the new ruler of FPSs, I can feel it. :)
Timesplitters 2 looks like a game that plays a lot better than it looks (not that the visuals are crap), while Die Hard...seems...'iffy'. It seems like the kind of game that's got great ideas and moments of pure genius, but isn't consistent or last for too long. However, we'll just have to wait and see. :)
Thu 05/09/02 at 19:48
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I bought the new OPS2 Mag today and played the Timesplitters 2 demo, it's, quite frankly, brilliant. The level, a Siberian Dam, is well put together, great effects and graphics and the enemies AI seems good as well, even the aiming system is good for a console FPS, far better than that seen on Medal Of Honour Frontline.

Still, I'll be getting Timesplitters 2 on the Gamecube, not the PS2,because if multi platofrm titles like Burnout are anything to go by the graphics will be that little bit nicer. 10/10 ? I reckon that's a fair rating on PS2, on the Gamecube, if it plays as well, and it should do, then probably 9/10.

As for Sum Of All Fears.....avoid it like the plague. I've got the PC version and it's rubbish. You basically follow a path and shoot enemies with the AI of a piece of wood. Ghost Recon is far better and if you already have that then wait for Raven Shield to come out next year on the Gamecube !

~~Belldandy~~
Thu 05/09/02 at 16:46
Regular
Edgy wrote:

> Oh yeah, no game is perfect. That's why I never trust magazine
> reviews.

What i do with game reviews is not actually read what they think, i read the bit about what you do in the game. Like how you control the character and what you do in the game then decide if i would like doing that.

But if i think "oh thats good" and it only gets 45% i wouldnt buy it.
Thu 05/09/02 at 13:27
Regular
~Resurection~ wrote:
> more average games, get any of them there all about the same dull
> level.

I know this guy's been banned now, but it's extremely funny that he called TimeSplitters 2 'dull' even though it's a multiformat title that got 10/10 by Official Playstation Magazine.

Oh yeah, no game is perfect. That's why I never trust magazine reviews.
Thu 05/09/02 at 13:09
Regular
"A man with a stick"
WelshMiyamoto wrote:
> I hope to get all of these FPS

> The sum of all fears

Don't hold your breathe, it's not a very good game. I've played a demo of the PC version, and while it's fun, compared to other FPS out now, or coming out soon, it's a bit limited and bland. Same goes for Ghost Recon, which is made by the same developer, infact TSOAF looks more like an add-on pack to GR than a proper stand alone game.
Thu 05/09/02 at 11:15
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Metroid, hands down.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.