GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's Scarier RESIDENT EVIL or SILENT HILL?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/08/02 at 09:59
Regular
Personally I don't know which is scarrier. I constantly see both of the games in the pre-owned stand because people have had nervous breakdowns on the introduction sequence ohwell... Which is the scariest you decide :D
Sun 01/09/02 at 20:15
Regular
"You've upset me"
Elite Chaos wrote:
> Sunshines out 4th of next month

Ahhh yes. I forgot that, I was going on the original release date.

So in answer to the original question... I have no idea... November I think.
Sun 01/09/02 at 20:13
Regular
"You've upset me"
Graphics aren't everything.
Sun 01/09/02 at 20:13
Regular
"Unretired"
I played silent hill 2 on the PS2, and it shakes you up well and truly, If you want nightmares, and nervy/jumpy then buy the Mental Thrilling Silent Hill 2.

If you want quick scares from zombies buy resi.
Sun 01/09/02 at 20:11
Regular
"Unretired"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Import verison. It's coming out here in... November? Around the same
> time as Mazza Sunshine I think, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sunshines out 4th of next month
Sun 01/09/02 at 18:51
Regular
Resident Evil is netter with its better graphics and lighting effects
Sun 01/09/02 at 16:37
Regular
"You've upset me"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Is Eternal Darkness out already?

Import verison. It's coming out here in... November? Around the same time as Mazza Sunshine I think, correct me if I'm wrong.
Sun 01/09/02 at 16:30
Regular
Is Eternal Darkness out already?
Sun 01/09/02 at 16:11
Regular
"You've upset me"
Anyway, you can't really compare the two because, although both being survival horrors they are two totally different sub-genres if you will. Silent Hill focusses on psycho-horror and Resi Evil focusses on visual horror. Silent Hill is out to create an atmosphere and RE is out to create jumps and frights. Simple as that.

If you want a proper comparison between two horror games, compare Eternal Darkness with Silent Hill. I don't own ED but have played it and jesus... when you start to go insane it really messes with your head. Blood curdling screams, your character mumbling to themselves crying babies... It really messes you around. Bloody good game though :-D

Having said that, the thing that scares me the most is Vanessa Feltz... ARGH!
Sun 01/09/02 at 14:49
Regular
Silent Hill 2 is out on the PS2 :) but sadly 5.1 surround sound isn't optional, if you have 5.1 speakers then you will get 6 speaker sound but 5.1 isn't included :( However if you have an Xbox then you can get the PS2 update of Silent Hill 2 with the inclusion of Surround Sound! The game goes on sale this November and I can't wait!
Sun 01/09/02 at 10:50
Regular
"Back For Good"
Despite the hype about it being the purest of Horrors Resident Evil in terms of being Scary is nothing more than an eerie atmosphere with the occasional jump!! Silent Hill on the other hand especially the second one is based on psychological horror and if played properly (I'm talking late night, 5.1 surround sound and no looking away at the scary moments) is by FAR the most frightning and Memorable survival horror title ever created!!

Can't wait for Restless Dreams on the PS2 :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.