GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who thinks PS2 is rubbish?I do"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/11/00 at 18:38
Regular
It is a waste of money and is no where near as good as a N64 or a PC. Also if it is like any of the Playstation 1 games it will be rubbish
Wed 22/11/00 at 22:27
Regular
I spoke too soon...
Wed 22/11/00 at 22:13
My Commodore 64 is better than your Nintendo 64. It runs at a whopping 1Mhz, and can display up to 16 colours on screen at any given time, and it's got these amazing new graphics called "sprites".

Oh yeah, it's also got THREE CHANNEL SOUND, and a HUGE 64k of memory. And it loads games from standard audio tapes, none of this stupid small disk rubbish.

So there. Nah nah nah naaaah nah. Joke's on you, poo-head. 8-p
Wed 22/11/00 at 21:56
Regular
I have to say I'm impressed!

Some one comes along with a stupid remark like that and no one argues back with an equally stupid comment against any other systems.

I don't think the PS2 is all that bad. I just think that it's more worth my while to wait for a Gamecube.

(I also still think there's a chance that the PS2 could go the same way as the Saturn but I'm not going to start that arguement again!)
Wed 22/11/00 at 21:39
> So, my professional, unbiased opinion

Ooh, my aching sides! That's a cracker, tell me another...

Professional! Unbiased! Woooohoooo hoo hoo. Oh, stop it, you're killing me.

Boy, I'm in a good mood today. One day to go, PS2 people!

Where's Grix... he's the kind of level-headed, reasonable non-PS2 geezer we want around here.
Wed 22/11/00 at 18:29
Regular
"I like cheese"
Is it me, or have I stepped into: "Meders' s**tty comedy club??"
Also:
*cough* biased *cough*... Anyway.
Hmmmmmm, let's have a look shall we. Let's see, the first PS2 games I will be getting will be TimeSplitters, which has had great reviews all round, TTT, which has had mixed reviews, but if it's as good as Tekken 3 (which I haven't got) it'll be great. There's FIFA 2001, ISS, SSX Snowboarding and more. Also, yeah, in a year's time there will be some games worth getting. MGS2, GT3, Soul Reaver 2, Half-Life and lots more!!! There is of course no doubt that the DC has great games to offer, MSR, Shenmue for instance!!
Also, yeah the PS2 will have 16 at launch, more than any console ever. Yeah, Dreamcast has over 150, BUT IT'S BEEN OUT FOR OVER A YEAR!!!!!!!! What do you expect????????????
There's no doubt that the DC is a f**king good console, with some brill games, but I can't think of over 50 of them. But maybe there is, you never know...
Anyway, my point is, don't judge the PS2 before its even come out, and don't deny it, there WILL be some top notch games on PS2 within this year.
Thanks for reading, Ant.
{:) "ONCE YOU POP, YOU CAN'T STOP!!!" CLASSIQUE!!!!!!!!!!!
Wed 22/11/00 at 17:25
OK.
I am completely unbiased.
And Ill prove it.
i have owned an imported PS2 for A LONG time now and a UK DC for just as long.
illl tell you now that polygon counts and speed in mhz. doesnt matter with the PS2 for many good reasons.
Firstly, polygon counts - This simply doesnt matter because you are stationg the polygons without effects for the PS2, like Sony has, and the polygons for the DC including all effects as said by Sega. In reality, the PS2 can not handle the effects on the polygons that the DC can as it only has 4MB SDRAm whilst the DC has 8MB SDRAM so Sony quote their specs without effects. in reality, if the effects could be used, it would be around the same as the DC.

Onto speed - The speed on the PS2 can not be utilised as the PS2 has not got antialiasing built in, the DC has. Thi effect takes up to a half of the processing power of the PS2 to perform properly, which means, if you can do maths leaves it SLOWER than the DC.

On top of this, the DC is £150 cheper and comes with three free games in you local Dixons or you can get one with all that included and a REGION FREE DVD player for £300.

So, a PS2 with three games, xtra controller etc. - £450
DC, three games, all extras, region free DVD - £300

Also, the PS2 will have 30 games by Christmas, the DC will have almost 200. 50 of those are riple A, I have not played one PS2 game that is of as high quality as Metrolpolis Street Racer etc.

So, my professional, unbiased opinion is that the Dreamcast is better than the PS2 AND you will be able to buy one at Christmas becasue Sega have made more than 165,000 units and are going to sell ALOT more than Sony..
Wed 22/11/00 at 16:11
Right, Meders:

You can't just say 'I think the PS2 is rubbish'. You have to say WHY you think so. Of course you have the right to an opinion, and the right to voice it, but you MUST (I can't stress that enough) tell us your reasoning, or else you simply appear stupid.
Wed 22/11/00 at 12:23
I think PlayStation 2 is going to be awesome. It has cool designs and features like playing old Playstation games, Watching DVD's and so on. I think PS2 is very cool.
Wed 22/11/00 at 10:48
>>DC - 20-30 Million/Sec
>>PS2 - 75 Million/Sec

LM-F-AO, where the hell did you find these fictional figures, thats too funny :D

As for quoting processor speeds, when will you wake up, whilst the speed a processor clock ticks at may have a baring on processors that are designed exactly the same the real speed increases come from cleverly designed architecture.

>>the PS2 IS the best console for sale at the moment.
Except you can't actually buy it anywhere :)
Wed 22/11/00 at 08:49
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
meders...you are truly a sap of the highest order

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.