GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who thinks PS2 is rubbish?I do"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/11/00 at 18:38
Regular
It is a waste of money and is no where near as good as a N64 or a PC. Also if it is like any of the Playstation 1 games it will be rubbish
Sat 25/11/00 at 01:48
i agree..but not about X-Box..to me X-Box sucks..just like PS2
Fri 24/11/00 at 17:17
I think that everybody is making too much a deal of the PS2. All it is, is just an update in graphics, the whole point of a new coonsle, is for new games, new looks and gadgets, not the same old stuff all the time. Personally i believe that both the Nintendo Gamecube and the Microsoft X-Box wil be a lot better than the PS2. Both of the new consoles i have mentioned have a lot better graphics and all new stuff that will be interesting to see, also i have recently heard (from Nintendo) that the Nintendo Gamecube will be released on the market in great britain at a price of £150, compared to the ridiculous £300 for the playstation 2, the Microsoft X-Box will be the new age of gaming.
Fri 24/11/00 at 17:01
kieran0601 wrote:
> So what if i want to be childish, you're being just as bad then replying to my posts.

Fair enough :)

>Anyhow, you have just caught me going through a bad patch, and i promise that i am not normally like this.

OK, I will take your word for this.

>I apologise for giving you so much grief, but you must admit that you do come across as being slightly arrogant in your posts.

You don't have to apologise I was just trying to explain why I didn't agree with the figures you posted, yes I can admit to being arrogant when it is a subject I get paid to understand, just not all the time.

> If the truth be known, i really couldn't give a damn which console is the best, i just want the PS2.

The irony of all this is I was not trying to tell you which was best. The figure that made me laugh the most was the one for the DC in fact (the most any UK game pushes right now is 5 millions P/PS), I just used the one for the PSX2 in my calculation to show how exaggerated they all were because this is the PSX2 area of the forum.

>I do take things seriously, you are right there, but you have to understand the point of view of the people on this forum.

Fair enough, I can appreciate their opinions (and yours), as I said I was just trying to point out the exaggerated figures, it was not a personal attack on you. (even if it seemed that way at the time)

>It is all well and good people coming
over here to sl4g off the PS2, and anything constructive is welcome (sometimes!), but it does get a bit boring.

I didn't come here to sl4g it off, just to discuss the Pro's AND cons like everyone else, I will own one at some time or other.

> Like i said in a previous post though, if you're going to take the mick, give me a wide berth and we will not fall out.

As I have said, I was not taking the mick but you must also expect people to post their opinions as well.

I am also afraid I can not promise to give you a wide berth if your discussing something I have a view on then I will post it. I don't expect you or anyone else to agree with everything (or anything :) ) I say, but thats life and we all have to live with it.
Fri 24/11/00 at 13:25
So what if i want to be childish, you're being just as bad then replying to my posts. Anyhow, you have just caught me going through a bad patch, and i promise that i am not normally like this. I apologise for giving you so much grief, but you must admit that you do come across as being slightly arrogant in your posts. If the truth be known, i really couldn't give a damn which console is the best, i just want the PS2. I do take things seriously, you are right there, but you have to understand the point of view of the people on this forum. It is all well and good people coming over here to sl4g off the PS2, and anything constructive is welcome (sometimes!), but it does get a bit boring.

Like i said in a previous post though, if you're going to take the mick, give me a wide berth and we will not fall out.
Fri 24/11/00 at 10:53
kieran0601 wrote:
> Xizor.
>
> Sorry for the swearing, but i stick by my opinion. I was just quoting a magazine, and i really couldn't give a cr4p what you think.

I wasn't asking you to change your opinion, but what I was stating was facts about the hardware, not my opinion.

> And also, my intelligence has nothing to do with you. I also have a degree, not in the same field as yours, (mine is in the field of mental health), but hey, what do i know.

For someone who studied mental health you seem very stressed by a comment from a complete stranger on a message board, lighten up, life really isn't that bad is it?

I really don't know what you know or don't know, just that you take things far too seriously all because I found your post funny.

> You can make your little calculations all day, but they will mean nothing to most.

So because you dont understand them, you reckon most other people wont, it is just some very basic maths.

>Like i said yesterday, we all value each others opinions, but when a pen pushing moron finds it funny to shoot someone down in flames, that is when i get angry.

Try Keyboard pushing, not pen pushing, and I see you still can not refrain from this childish name calling.

>There was a guy in uni that makes me think of you, i didn't get on with him much either, let's just give each other a wide berth in future, eh!

So from one or two posts you think you know me, not a chance, I try to get on with everybody I meet without any kind of prejudice, sorry you don't see life like this, but you relly shouldn't take things too seriously, especially over something as irrelevant as a games console.

BTW: Glad this thread is still alive :)
Thu 23/11/00 at 21:14
Xizor.

Sorry for the swearing, but i stick by my opinion. I was just quoting a magazine, and i really couldn't give a cr4p what you think.

And also, my intelligence has nothing to do with you. I also have a degree, not in the same field as yours, (mine is in the field of mental health), but hey, what do i know.

You can make your little calculations all day, but they will mean nothing to most. Like i said yesterday, we all value each others opinions, but when a pen pushing moron finds it funny to shoot someone down in flames, that is when i get angry. There was a guy in uni that makes me think of you, i didn't get on with him much either, let's just give each other a wide berth in future, eh!
Thu 23/11/00 at 20:56
You can't call the playstation rubbish.

I'm sure there are a few good pionts in it. Just obviously everyone would rather have a game cube.

It means you have to wait another year or so but it'll be well worth the wait!
Thu 23/11/00 at 18:58
Mr Frosty wrote:
> You never know, this forum might get a bit more constructive over
> the next few days as everyone reports back and all the "i'm
> not getting one so the PS2 must be crap brigade", might
> shrink into their holes and just rant to themselves instead of
> making us put up with their non-constructive pointless comments.

I'm afraid I'm forever the pessimist and instead it'll be all the people claiming they got their machines and don't like it now instead, or they completed game abc in 32.7 seconds and it was rubbish, etc.

Still maybe I'll be surprised.
Thu 23/11/00 at 17:20
And this had been such a pleasant discussion up until now...

Anyway, I'm off home to prepare for midnight.

To all those who have launch day machines - ENJOY!

To all those that haven't - Don't worry, it will be here soon.

You never know, this forum might get a bit more constructive over the next few days as everyone reports back and all the "i'm not getting one so the PS2 must be crap brigade", might shrink into their holes and just rant to themselves instead of making us put up with their non-constructive pointless comments.
Thu 23/11/00 at 16:51
You say its rubbish when you probably haven'nt even played it yet.Your only saying its rubbish because you can't afford one and your too embarrassed to admit it so you say its rubbish so that people think the only reason you have'nt got one is because you don't want one.And saying the N64 is better than the original playstation shows just how stupid you really are!If you think N64 games are better than playstation games you either need help or shooting.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.