GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who thinks PS2 is rubbish?I do"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/11/00 at 18:38
Regular
It is a waste of money and is no where near as good as a N64 or a PC. Also if it is like any of the Playstation 1 games it will be rubbish
Tue 21/11/00 at 18:38
It is a waste of money and is no where near as good as a N64 or a PC. Also if it is like any of the Playstation 1 games it will be rubbish
Tue 21/11/00 at 18:52
Regular
"Whatever!"
Well obviously no-one here thinks its rubbish as they wouldnt be getting one would they? You idiot!!
Tue 21/11/00 at 19:21
Regular
Looks like that Green Eye Monster Mr Jealousy is here

Whats the matter your pocket money would not stretch to one.

Of course the Playstation 1 (The worlds best selling console) was rubbish, which hole have you been living in
Tue 21/11/00 at 21:10
Come on, give it a chance, and review it 'after' you've had a go on a mates one.
Tue 21/11/00 at 22:05
Erm...which planet are you from? You are obviously not a true games fan, and are totally obsessed with yesteryears technology (sob sob, can't afford a PS2..awwwwww...)

N64 is better? How the HELL did you work that one out?

- A few hundred thousand polygons compared to a few million...
- Shitloads better sound...
- DVD playing capabilities
- Tekken Tag!!
- SSX

I own a PC, N64, and a Dreamcast, and all are excellent for what they are - N64 for Goldeneye and PD, Dreamcast for Crazy Taxi (I love that game!!), PC for Quake type games. All have their merits, just like the PS2, Gamecube, X-Box etc.

Why not just see things for what they are, and stop going on about which is best. X-Box may well have technically better performance than PS2 when it comes out (bloody well better have, seeing as it will be a year ahead in technology), but with crap playing games, that doesn't matter at all...get the message? Start playing and stop moaning. Besides, the damn thing isn't even out yet...
Wed 22/11/00 at 00:57
Hmmm......Right.......and this is your honest opinion?

I would like you to explain to everyone on this forum how you came to that conclusion. I mean, do you really believe that the N64 is a better machine, or are you just a comedian? The N64 is a very good console, but even Nintendo have realised that it has had it's day. Ask yourself this, if the N64 is still up there with the PS2, why on earth are Nintendo launching the GC?

Below i have added some tech specs for the PS2, N64 and Dreamcast, just to display what each machine is capable of, on paper at least:

CPU: N64 - 93.75Mhz
DC - 200Mhz
PS2 - 294.912Mhz

Polygon Rate: N64 - ********
DC - 20-30 Million/Sec
PS2 - 75 Million/Sec

Disc Drive: N64 - 64Mb Cartridge
DC - 1Gb CD Rom
PS2 - 4.7Gb DVD/CD Rom

Disc Speed: N64 - N/A
DC - 12xCD
PS2 - 4xDVD/24xCD

Memory Bandwidth: N64 - 500Mb/Sec
DC - 800Mb/Sec
PS2 - 3.2Gb/Sec

As i myself have said on numerous occasions, the PS2 IS the best console for sale at the moment. But judging by the rate that technology moves in this day and age, it will soon be time for PS10!
Wed 22/11/00 at 08:11
How can u said it's rubbish, i cant say it is great! but i can say it is going to b great. only ppl who have played it can tell if it is truely good.
Wed 22/11/00 at 08:49
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
meders...you are truly a sap of the highest order
Wed 22/11/00 at 10:48
>>DC - 20-30 Million/Sec
>>PS2 - 75 Million/Sec

LM-F-AO, where the hell did you find these fictional figures, thats too funny :D

As for quoting processor speeds, when will you wake up, whilst the speed a processor clock ticks at may have a baring on processors that are designed exactly the same the real speed increases come from cleverly designed architecture.

>>the PS2 IS the best console for sale at the moment.
Except you can't actually buy it anywhere :)
Wed 22/11/00 at 12:23
I think PlayStation 2 is going to be awesome. It has cool designs and features like playing old Playstation games, Watching DVD's and so on. I think PS2 is very cool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.