GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Action Replay and Freeloader information."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/08/02 at 20:01
Regular
As some of you may or may not know, I write an article for www.codejunkies.com, the website of the creators of the Action Replay series, and so am in touch with one of the top guys of the company.

I have been asked to pass on any comments and queries addressed to me about Datel's products (about information and such - remember I don't actually work for the company) and have done so, informing Datel about the frustration by most of you all by the long time it's taking for the Action Replay and Freeloader release dates.

Although no date has been set, I can tell you that they will be released "any day now" so you wont have much longer to wait for their releases.

The problem is that the development of the discs has taken longer than expected and that's why that, although the products were announced for summer, it's closer to Autumn for the release.

Again, if you have any queries about these products, ask me on MSN and I will do my best to answer them - not as an official spokesman ('cos I'm not) but as someone who can contact Datel and find out answers for you if answers are available.

Again, expect the discs any day now as they will be released as soon as it is possible.
Wed 28/08/02 at 22:41
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
WelshMiyamoto wrote:
> Sorry If I might sound thick but where on Gameaday do you find out who
> wins
> and how do you claim gameaday

You go to gameaday.co.uk and click on the links that say "winners for prize 1" etc. To claim you email special reserve and tell them what you would like to claim.
Wed 28/08/02 at 22:21
Regular
"waiting 4 Matrix 3"
Sorry If I might sound thick but where on Gameaday do you find out who wins
and how do you claim gameaday
Wed 28/08/02 at 22:20
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
It seems like ages that Ive been waiting for the freeloader and action replay to be released. The constant delays mean that Ive had to cancel my order for the US version of Mario Sunshine because its only a month till its released over here now!!!

I bet any money too that when they do arrive they will be crap and wont run properly. I recently bought the action replay for the PS2 and found that the disc doesnt load sometimes or it freezes the screen. Im seriously considering cancelling my order for the AR now cos it aint worth the hassle!
Wed 28/08/02 at 19:56
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Now this is from a user at cube-europe forums, he states he contacted GAME and they said that they where in discussions with Datel about the release of Action Replay and Freeloader.
Apparently, the release has been delayed until mid- September, due to a reason and hiccup with Nintendo-as they say that it could enable Pirate software to be played (like DC Utopia boot-up) in the future.

Wheather you believe that or not, is entirely up to you.
However, I'll only choose to belive such things if I don't get my Action Replay in the post come next Monday.
I have an order for US Super Mario Sunshine and Datel better not let me down!! or there will be one customer who will never touch their products again. And I'm serious, I don't want to be out of money, as I'll not be able to send SMS back.
Wed 28/08/02 at 19:23
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
The thing is Datel have put it back again, even if it's to do with a problem with the freeloader, i'll be very curious now, if they have hit a snag this far into the project god knows what might happen when your playing the USA cube games on your pal cube, it could just freeze or something!! It wouldn't surprise me if it goes wrong, I have been told many times that they have broken, i'm glad my mum's letting me buy a US cube now!!! Good luck to everyone with the freeloader because it seems to be a far bigger project then Datel ever thought.... :)
Wed 28/08/02 at 12:56
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
It's been put back a couple more weeks. Apparently, they've hit a snag with the Freeloader working with Resident Evil.

I'd say this news is pretty reliable since Datel contacted Goblin Games about it, since GG were expecting to take delivery of the Freeloader discs.
Tue 27/08/02 at 21:08
Regular
The disc is virtually ready - their not gonna delete all the files that they've spent months of hard work perfecting are they?
Tue 27/08/02 at 21:01
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Edgy wrote:
> They wont be abandoning it now after so long in development. After all
> it's been shown in action on their magazine G-force's DVD ROM.

Indeed. If they can show a working demonstration on their magazine, my heart is made heavy that they are still to produce the disk to the mass market.
Tue 27/08/02 at 20:58
Regular
They wont be abandoning it now after so long in development. After all it's been shown in action on their magazine G-force's DVD ROM.
Tue 27/08/02 at 20:51
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Hmmm so Freeloader will not arrive before i go on holiday to America. So i could come back clutching games from far off places, and then they could abandon the project.

A slightly extreme view, but it could happen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.