GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Action Replay and Freeloader information."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/08/02 at 20:01
Regular
As some of you may or may not know, I write an article for www.codejunkies.com, the website of the creators of the Action Replay series, and so am in touch with one of the top guys of the company.

I have been asked to pass on any comments and queries addressed to me about Datel's products (about information and such - remember I don't actually work for the company) and have done so, informing Datel about the frustration by most of you all by the long time it's taking for the Action Replay and Freeloader release dates.

Although no date has been set, I can tell you that they will be released "any day now" so you wont have much longer to wait for their releases.

The problem is that the development of the discs has taken longer than expected and that's why that, although the products were announced for summer, it's closer to Autumn for the release.

Again, if you have any queries about these products, ask me on MSN and I will do my best to answer them - not as an official spokesman ('cos I'm not) but as someone who can contact Datel and find out answers for you if answers are available.

Again, expect the discs any day now as they will be released as soon as it is possible.
Sat 31/08/02 at 17:54
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> I think all those complaining about the delays in the product's
> release are completely pathetic - especially those going on to say
> that Datel are a crap company and that they wouldn't touch them with a
> barge pole

I only said I wouldn't touch with an incredibley long stick, purely to make the point that I'll never buy one.
Sat 31/08/02 at 16:37
"The Will of D."
Well I don't have to worry too much because GBA games can be purchased from anywhere in the world and still be adaptable, I'm not bothering with import GC games. So I will be getting Golden Sun 2: The lost age before anyone else.
Sat 31/08/02 at 16:23
Regular
I think all those complaining about the delays in the product's release are completely pathetic - especially those going on to say that Datel are a crap company and that they wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, or anything else infact.

The fact is, Datel are working as hard as they can to finish these products and get around any snags in the development as quickly as possible without lowering the quality of the products. Why is it their faults you ordered American games without having the Freeloader/Action Replay first? After all Datel reccomend you don't purchase any NTSC games until the Action Replay/Freeloader is released.

Sure, it is frustrating when you're waiting for something for a while and it has been delayed. Datel have even confirmed on their website on the address I gave below that they had not spoken to other companies to give 'Official release dates' as many members claimed to have been given from companies such as Goblin Direct. The fact is, if you're stupid enough to purchase games you can't yet play - then that's your problem and not the fault of Datel. It would just serve you right if the games you've got from the US are released in the UK before the Action Replay/Freeloader is - afterall badmouthing a company due to false rumours from other companies such as Goblin Direct....
Sat 31/08/02 at 15:00
Regular
Their web site now say semptember 2002 (in the shop bit).

When it was last monday or next, i didn't care either way, but now the wait gets difficult :^)
Sat 31/08/02 at 14:00
Regular
Gollum wrote:
> Well, Datel really stink big time!
> My order for Super Mario Sunshine is on it's way to me as I speak and
> I might not get AR for another 2-3 weeks!

Oh shame! (sarcasm)

That isn't the fault of Datel. They haven't designed these two devices just for imports of Super Mario Sunshine you know!
Sat 31/08/02 at 13:59
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Well, Datel really stink big time!
My order for Super Mario Sunshine is on it's way to me as I speak and I might not get AR for another 2-3 weeks!
Sat 31/08/02 at 13:45
Regular
NaŠ†Ÿ_Nêighßoû® wrote:

>
> But i can see why some people will buy it, free loader so they can get
> the game before others and games if they arnt released over here.
> And some people will find the cheats realy good.

Especially for unlocking the few levels on Super Smash Bros Melee to play on the multiplayer modes because the single player games bore me too much to want to unlock them manually.
Sat 31/08/02 at 13:41
Regular
I wont be buying the free loader as im not really bothered when i get the games, i can just wait for it to come over.

As for the action replay i find the cheats are good to begin with and then the appeal wears of and the cheats dont really make the game better, and if i get stuck if i really want to i can just get a game save off a mate.

But i can see why some people will buy it, free loader so they can get the game before others and games if they arnt released over here.
And some people will find the cheats realy good.
Sat 31/08/02 at 13:36
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> Are you people still going to buy this thing?
>
> I wouldn't touch it with a really really really really really really
> really really really really really really long stick.

Why, what's wrong with the Freeloader/Action Replay to make it that bad in your eyes?
Sat 31/08/02 at 03:40
Regular
Or†ega wrote:
> Whitestripes wrote:
> Are you people still going to buy this thing?
>
> I wouldn't touch it with a really really really really really really
> really really really really really really long stick.
>
> But what if it was a really really really really really really really
> really really really really really really really really really really
> really really really really really really really long stick?

Nope it would take a really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really long stick, and even then it would only be a cautoius poke.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.