GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Official Action Replay and Freeloader information."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/08/02 at 20:01
Regular
As some of you may or may not know, I write an article for www.codejunkies.com, the website of the creators of the Action Replay series, and so am in touch with one of the top guys of the company.

I have been asked to pass on any comments and queries addressed to me about Datel's products (about information and such - remember I don't actually work for the company) and have done so, informing Datel about the frustration by most of you all by the long time it's taking for the Action Replay and Freeloader release dates.

Although no date has been set, I can tell you that they will be released "any day now" so you wont have much longer to wait for their releases.

The problem is that the development of the discs has taken longer than expected and that's why that, although the products were announced for summer, it's closer to Autumn for the release.

Again, if you have any queries about these products, ask me on MSN and I will do my best to answer them - not as an official spokesman ('cos I'm not) but as someone who can contact Datel and find out answers for you if answers are available.

Again, expect the discs any day now as they will be released as soon as it is possible.
Tue 27/08/02 at 20:01
Regular
As some of you may or may not know, I write an article for www.codejunkies.com, the website of the creators of the Action Replay series, and so am in touch with one of the top guys of the company.

I have been asked to pass on any comments and queries addressed to me about Datel's products (about information and such - remember I don't actually work for the company) and have done so, informing Datel about the frustration by most of you all by the long time it's taking for the Action Replay and Freeloader release dates.

Although no date has been set, I can tell you that they will be released "any day now" so you wont have much longer to wait for their releases.

The problem is that the development of the discs has taken longer than expected and that's why that, although the products were announced for summer, it's closer to Autumn for the release.

Again, if you have any queries about these products, ask me on MSN and I will do my best to answer them - not as an official spokesman ('cos I'm not) but as someone who can contact Datel and find out answers for you if answers are available.

Again, expect the discs any day now as they will be released as soon as it is possible.
Tue 27/08/02 at 20:13
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Goblin are expecting them in this week. Fingers crossed as always.
Tue 27/08/02 at 20:22
Regular
"One More Chance"
That's good, just used my mums card to preorder a Freeloader from Play.com. I have Sega Soccer Slam waiting to be played you see.
Tue 27/08/02 at 20:24
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Don't get to excited, after talking to the manager of Datel, the one who knows everything, Francesca her name. She told me the Freeloader isn't working with USA games at the moment and she doubts it will be released the 30th August, she also said nearly every Internet site has got the release dates wrong. She also said something interesting they leave the datel warehouse on friday's and should be release the following week, so if it isn't this Friday it will be released from the warehouse next friday and come the following week etc... I don't need to worry now anyway i'm buying a modded USA and Japanese Console from LikSang hopefully, how long do they take for delivery???? :D
Tue 27/08/02 at 20:51
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Hmmm so Freeloader will not arrive before i go on holiday to America. So i could come back clutching games from far off places, and then they could abandon the project.

A slightly extreme view, but it could happen.
Tue 27/08/02 at 20:58
Regular
They wont be abandoning it now after so long in development. After all it's been shown in action on their magazine G-force's DVD ROM.
Tue 27/08/02 at 21:01
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Edgy wrote:
> They wont be abandoning it now after so long in development. After all
> it's been shown in action on their magazine G-force's DVD ROM.

Indeed. If they can show a working demonstration on their magazine, my heart is made heavy that they are still to produce the disk to the mass market.
Tue 27/08/02 at 21:08
Regular
The disc is virtually ready - their not gonna delete all the files that they've spent months of hard work perfecting are they?
Wed 28/08/02 at 12:56
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
It's been put back a couple more weeks. Apparently, they've hit a snag with the Freeloader working with Resident Evil.

I'd say this news is pretty reliable since Datel contacted Goblin Games about it, since GG were expecting to take delivery of the Freeloader discs.
Wed 28/08/02 at 19:23
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
The thing is Datel have put it back again, even if it's to do with a problem with the freeloader, i'll be very curious now, if they have hit a snag this far into the project god knows what might happen when your playing the USA cube games on your pal cube, it could just freeze or something!! It wouldn't surprise me if it goes wrong, I have been told many times that they have broken, i'm glad my mum's letting me buy a US cube now!!! Good luck to everyone with the freeloader because it seems to be a far bigger project then Datel ever thought.... :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.