GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TOCA Challenge - not another TOCA post I hear you say, but this one's different !"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/08/02 at 17:27
Regular
Due to the recent release and high interest in TOCA at present I thought I would try and start a weekly challenge to find the quickest TOCA drivers out there.
Each week we will pick a track and car and go hell for leather to set the fastest time (in free run). I will pick this weeks challenge to get the ball rolling and because the challenge will finish on Sunday it is only a short week. On Sunday one of you can choose the next challenge;

Here goes, one that everyone can enter;

Track: BRANDS HATCH GP
Car: VAUXHALL ASTRA

I will post a time here tonight, challenge ends Midday this Sunday.
Mon 02/09/02 at 18:46
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Don't worry Natbuc, I'm only getting early to mid 30's so maybe Ryan McKane meant 35 instead of 25?? If not, I'm worried!
Mon 02/09/02 at 17:19
Regular
"  "
Oh, erm, well, 1:35.23. *Cough*
Mon 02/09/02 at 08:26
Regular
"  "
Ah darn. I just noticed my mistake. Its the European tour not the North European Challenge. Sorry. So its either the blue Supra or the Meal Planet one. Ok I get you :)
Mon 02/09/02 at 08:25
Regular
"  "
Can I just ask something...

a) Which Supra? Because there are 2, and the one in the Lola Champioship is more bhp than that in the European Tour.

b) If its the European Tour dont we need Saab's?
Sun 01/09/02 at 22:53
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
First entry from me is 1.25.72, can be easily beaten, will have a go later tonight hopefully.
Sun 01/09/02 at 19:14
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Alright lads, have I got a beauty for you! :D

The track I've gone for is the A1 ring (in the European Tour). The reason being is that I thought it would make a change from the high-speed Brands Hatch GP. The really slow corners (of which there are a few) will require careful braking and even more cautious acceleration out of them to find the fine line between applying just the right amount of power and sitting on the spot, with your wheels spinning. :)

And the car? Well, what with all this talk of spinning wheels, I thought the Supra would go down swimmingly. :D

So, to summarise:

TRACK: A1 Ring on European Tour
CAR: Toyota Supra

Oh, and before anyone asks, it doesn't matter what paint job you have on the Sup. :)
Sun 01/09/02 at 18:46
Regular
"  "
Ryan McKane wrote:
> I'm still alive, thanks for the concern though.

> 2nd Nat Buc 1.66.66 (6pts)

1.66.66!!?? Cheek! ;)
Sun 01/09/02 at 18:35
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Ryan McKane wrote:
> Give us your worst Uncle Albert ...

:D

The challenge will be up within the hour. You have been warned. ;)
Sun 01/09/02 at 18:28
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I'm still alive, thanks for the concern though.

Challenge 1 is over;

1st Uncle Albert 1.14.80 (10pts)
2nd Nat Buc 1.66.66 (6pts)
3rd Ryan (Dave) 1.18.30 (4pts)-will start a league after second challenge.

Pitiful time by me I know but it has been a nightmare week, excuses excuses !

Uncle Albert if you want to suggest a car and track we will get started straight away, next challenge will finish this Thursday at midday (see if we can fit in 2 challenges a week from now on) as long as thats OK with you two and anyone else that wants to join in.

Give us your worst Uncle Albert ...
Sun 01/09/02 at 18:09
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
:D

What's happened to Ryan McKane? Deceased? (Poor joke, please don't take it seriously...anyone)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.