GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What will you be getting for Christmas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/11/00 at 19:09
Regular
This is the serious stuff. We [us at SR] want [need] to know what you are aiming to acquire in the near future. This [we hope] will help us to help you to acquire said object of desire.

Don't just list games. Tell us all you expect to buy or be given in the next few months. Things you desire, not just a new pair of socks?

Socks - when I was a boy you were lucky if the plural applied!
Tue 21/11/00 at 20:38
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Just a POP to the TOP 'cause we want your thoughts

[:}{:]
Tue 21/11/00 at 17:12
Regular
That's a hell of a lot for headphones!

What games are you getting for the PS2 Babylonian?
Tue 21/11/00 at 17:09
I wanted a pair of those fancy Sony digital surround headphones for Christmas, but when I saw the prices (£311.96 somewhere online!) I assumed no-one I know would be able to afford them.

My list consists purely of games, DVDs, and some accessories for my camcorder, as I pretty much buy everything else for myself throughout the year, leaving little or nothing for anyone to get me!

I'm getting my parents a DVD player and a few discs to play on it.
Tue 21/11/00 at 16:59
Regular
Yes, Sarah Michelle Gellar, or Bumnose, as I now vow to call her, is Buffy.

Alyson is Willow.

Oh yeah. Tony, what was that you said about a Dreamcast deal coming soon? A week has gone now, so you can say.
Tue 21/11/00 at 16:51
Regular
"Whatever!"
There is so much I want for Christmas. My parents tell me they dont want to buy me games but always do in the end.
I hope to get a couple of games from the following: Shenmue, Quake III (DC), Dino Crisis 2, Medal of Honor Underground, Tomb Raider Chronicles (PSX), Mickeys Speedway USA, Bond TWINE (N64), Donkey Kong Country, Spiderman (GBC).
Of course I will have my brand spanking new PS2 by then will have a couple of games SSX, Tekken TT, and will want some DVD's to watch: Gladiator, Sleepy Hollow, Blar Witch, Scream 3, Saving Private Ryan. Some videos as well: Men Behaving Badly Series 6, South Park Season 3 Box Set, Simpsons Series 2 Box Set 2.
Despite not being a kid anymore I still want toys such as Star Wars stuff.
The only thing I know Ive got is a couple of albums: The Offspring and Foo Fighters. The rest will probably be clothes, aftershave/deodarant sets, chocolate and all other boring things!!
Tue 21/11/00 at 00:27
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
SR Games Video: Take the top 30 titles (cross-format) and put clips from them onto video, then sell the video (£2.99?) or send it out instead of a magazine. Postage would be higher, but people would be more willing to fork out for that then a magazine. Perhaps CD format would be cheaper?

FantasyMeister's Crimble List II

Decent Voodoo Graphics card
Book on "Games of the last two decades"
Free lifetime membership to SR
More chocolates.
Tue 21/11/00 at 00:19
Regular
More Christmas Ideas

Time is getting short, December is only 10 days away. Should SR decide to launch a new .com domain name during this period, they should use this period to start with merchandising the new brand name so that it is imprinted on customers memories.
If they are fast enough, then the domain name could be advertised with every point of sale, every telephone order, every WWW order. More aggresive selling would be required, and reliable suppliers for merchandising, but it just could be done in this short time period.
Keyrings, pens, mousemats, notepads, laserpens, alarmclocks, SR watches, SR MP3 players....get that brand name out into the market place quickly and efficiently until it is branded into our brains. SR wrapping paper, SR e-cards....E-CARDS!! No there's an idea.....

One more thing, please would it be possible to move the links column from the left hand side of the screen (where it appears as about 20ft long and takes a lot of scrolling to sort through) to both sides of the screen? Then the links in the bottom half would get hit more often.
Mon 20/11/00 at 23:46
Regular
Free SR Mousemat with every order for the first two weeks in December. Or for those without a PC, free SR pen/ruler/mug/notepad. All with the SR hotline order number and contact info on it.

Did anyone see the new John West salmon advert on TV recently? The one with the bears fishing for salmon then this John West guy comes along and starts to fight one of the grizzlys over a fish, and the bear starts karate kicking etc....funniest thing I've seen in ages.

Maybe SR should start with the TV adverts, or radio, or more of a web presence, getting more listings on more sites, more reciprocal banner exchanges?

Am I wondering around mentally here? Yes. I'll shut up.
Mon 20/11/00 at 23:22
"possibly impossible"
Models seem to sell well at the moment. No, I'm not talking about THOSE kind of models, but the ones based on cult film and tv titles. There are some beautiful hand painted pewter models available, everything from famous slasher movie stars to Spawn, Buffy and The Crow, the latter being very gothic and very very nice.

Comics look like they are starting to make a comeback as well, but most of the good stuff is imported from the US. I remember a time when I used to spend £15 per week on Vertigo comics like Sandman and Hellraiser. I've still got most of them (keep everything, me!)
Mon 20/11/00 at 23:17
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
hhmm, not many films are likely, I thought the funniest thing was all those guys wives on the TV advert, he couldn't bare to see all thos esingle mothers and he had so much loving that one woman wasn't enough.
veryy funny, I don't think that The Matirx was likely, but it's for you to decide tony(whatever your real name is)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.