GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What will you be getting for Christmas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/11/00 at 19:09
Regular
This is the serious stuff. We [us at SR] want [need] to know what you are aiming to acquire in the near future. This [we hope] will help us to help you to acquire said object of desire.

Don't just list games. Tell us all you expect to buy or be given in the next few months. Things you desire, not just a new pair of socks?

Socks - when I was a boy you were lucky if the plural applied!
Tue 21/11/00 at 23:13
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
PSones are the hot stuff around my college, no ones played on the 'internet' games yet, but i'm looking forward to it. Too much money though, for a piece of Sony equipement it would have to be a lot cheape rif I was going to buy it, i'm sorry, but after buying my last Sony stereo, I thought that I would have to go UP market, Sony used to be good, too comercial now, I have to say that if you want a stereo go for Denon, it's manufatured by JVC! that's topnotch stuff, I got a new MD player and Amp with some nice JBL speakers, pricey, but without VAt from my college. If you can't take advantage of it, why bother going? hoping for a 16 chnl digital desk some time soon, £4,000 is a bit much at the mo, but i'm working on it.
Tue 21/11/00 at 23:12
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
It will be after you've borrowed the video, right?
Tue 21/11/00 at 23:09
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
a movie! oh right! chuckaboo racing should be funny to watch, ok, cheers fantasymeister, i'll look out for that, will it be on DVD? what a stupid question, don't know why I asked.
Tue 21/11/00 at 23:08
Regular
Notice than no one has asked for a PSOne yet? O.K., add it to my list then.
Tue 21/11/00 at 23:07
Regular
Sorry, I didn't make that clear in my last post: Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, is the new Final Fantasy Movie that is being released next year, not a game. It's got James Woods in it too as voice talent, and it's directed by the same guy who directed the 8 games too.
Tue 21/11/00 at 23:06
What do I want for Christmas, well a Playstation 2, a Multiregion DVD player. A Apple G4 cube would be great (these babys look really cool, very futuristic)), A MP3 player, Lots of Games (all Formats), Music CDs and maybe even one of those electronic Sony Dogs. A flat screen TV(multiregion), and a Flat Monitor for my P133 PC.

Is their Any chance that Special Reserve get in Power Converters for American Supplies, they've got some down the in one shop in town... but that shop was hard to find. They would be useful for any new gizmos that Santa can only get in the USA.

I would also like A Gameboy advance, if the Gameboy and SNES are anything to go by this will be a great machine. Mariokart on the SNES is one of my all time favourite games.

Ild also like a Commodore64(for nostalgia reasons)with games. A laptop would be handy, with a USB modem and free connection for a Year (you should consider setting this sort of service up with your great new PCs...yould sell alot more). A Special Reserve Maxx PC would be nice, this P133 is getting on a bit.

It would be nice to have a DVD writer, so Icould record DVD videos...definately a must.(although Theyre not out yet, when they become available Ild want one)

Ild also like a CD Rewriter, Scanner, A Colour Inkjet Printer and Digital Camera...just thinking of what fun I could have Scanning old photos, printing old photos, and taking new digital photos..before Saving them all on a CDRW. What Fun.

Unfortunately for me I wont be getting all these off Santa this Year (Unless Mrs Santa wins The Lottery or Something), but I can Dream.
Tue 21/11/00 at 23:04
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
cheers, I don't have a PSX, but i'm sure my mate will buy it, i'm not obsessed enough to buy a console and one of the most expensive games on it just for his voice, hes a good actor thats all, unless makes some funny jokes like:

MR PINK: "why am I Mr Pink?"
MOB BOSS: "because your a f****t, ok?"

damn, that film has got to be rented! you'll love it if you havn't seen it, how much is it DVD Tony? I had the video but my sister ruined it because the tracking was all the way down when it was rewound, why was I burdened with a sister?!

ha ha, shes ok, really.
Tue 21/11/00 at 22:59
Regular
Here's the good news, you mean Steve Buscemi, who will be playing the voice of "Neil" in Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within due for release next year. Watch this space.
Tue 21/11/00 at 22:55
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Armaggedon was much better, but this is true only because of my favorite actor, don't know his name, but he was the mad pedofile in 'con air' and was the guy that said "why leave now, we have front row seats to the end of the earth" oh yeah, he was also mr pink in resevoir dogs, all very good films, don't know why they saved a plane full of convicts trying to kill everyone instead saving the biggest tourist attraction in the whole of America! how dumb, how American.
My dad has now decided to get a laptop, it has a 3D chip so it will be in my room mostly, but it has a DVD player, so I will have the chance to buy videos and copy them(very soon) on very good quality DVDs! I love them.
Tue 21/11/00 at 22:40
Regular
Armageddon was much better than Deep Impact, but my girlfriend disagrees.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.