GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What will you be getting for Christmas?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 20/11/00 at 19:09
Regular
This is the serious stuff. We [us at SR] want [need] to know what you are aiming to acquire in the near future. This [we hope] will help us to help you to acquire said object of desire.

Don't just list games. Tell us all you expect to buy or be given in the next few months. Things you desire, not just a new pair of socks?

Socks - when I was a boy you were lucky if the plural applied!
Mon 20/11/00 at 23:14
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Kingpin - yes I saw it. Brill - I was at home!

Plot was a tad unlikely
Mon 20/11/00 at 23:12
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Tony, you could have sold me Lylat wars but some kind people on this site guided me towards the light.

I also want Cubase VST, but you don't sell that, or Samplers, infact the only thing I want from your site is a DVD player, which is a real shame.

hhmm, you could bring the price of T.W.I.N.E. and all the other soon to be N64 titles down to £5! that would be cool.

i'd probably just go for that world peace and fluffy animals that Fantasymeister was talking about, ha ha ha, did anyone see kingpin last night, oh the sheep! what a low budget film, quite funny though.
Mon 20/11/00 at 23:07
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Here's another: "The Bumper Forum Annual 2000"

Take all the posts this year, publish them into book format, and sell it for £4.99 through both your store and all major book sellers. It would be a mass of information from reviews to ideas to speculation, and there would much interest for it in the gaming industry I'm sure.

And you could give copies away signed by the team. (Hint)
Mon 20/11/00 at 23:03
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
No, I'm not saying that at all

Wot budgets?

Thanks for the ideas
Mon 20/11/00 at 23:02
Regular
Tony, are you saying that SR has been getting it wrong all these years? I thought Christmas was always a good time of year (although a bit stressful) for you guys and gals. Here's a tip though, if you want an easier time of it next year, don't set your targets so high for Christmas 2001 when you do your March/April budgetting. Also, don't take any notice of Sony release dates, and above all, DIVERSIFY!! That's the buzzword. I think SR should do Christmas Bumper Bundles, you know, what we've always been clamouring for. E.g., Dreamcast and ANY 2 games for £120, PSX and ANY 4 games for the same price, bundle some old stock like 7 old games for £49 (Platinum titles for instance.)
Mon 20/11/00 at 22:56
Regular
Anyhow, seeing as Christmas is about GIVING and not RECEIVING, here's what I am giving for Christmas this year:-

Mum: Book - Container Gardening/Framed picture.
Sister: Mitsubishi Trium WAP mobile phone/Chocolates.
Nephee (6): Gameboy game/Cuddly T-Rex/Sweets/Pokemon toys.
Neice (8): Instant disposable camera/Art kit/Sweets/Ruler with calculater built-in.
Nephew+Neice Joint Pressie: PSX game.
Ex-Wife: High blood pressure.
Mon 20/11/00 at 22:55
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Tell us the kinds of things SR wants to sell and we'll give you
> some more ideas.
> Toys/Games/Books/Videos/Electronics/Consoles/Gifts?

We want to sell the RIGHT PRODUCTS, at the RIGHT TIME, at the RIGHT PRICE. You can help us (no girls stuff please)
Mon 20/11/00 at 22:47
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ok christmas list

Well i know things i'm getting.......

I've already had a game i wanted - Ready 2 Rumble 2
My grandparents are getting me a new leather jacket
My parents are giving me dollars to take to the states

And, er, thats my christmas lol

I'd love to get Shenmue, MSR and the film Gladiator (DVD) and a DVD player. But those aren't happening till at least around Feb time :-(

The hard part of being 22 - knowone understands that you want toys - not stupid underwear !

My gf would get me a game, but shes in the U.S so its pointless to get me one when it won't work when i get it home :-(
Mon 20/11/00 at 22:40
Regular
Tell us the kinds of things SR wants to sell and we'll give you some more ideas. Toys/Games/Books/Videos/Electronics/Consoles/Gifts?
Mon 20/11/00 at 22:32
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Just a POPPING this to the TOP 'cause we need ideas

[:}

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.