GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Euro 2008"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/05/08 at 17:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
This is the place to discuss Euro 2008 starting June 7th. I, as ever, will be watching as much as I possibly can and I'll try to keep this up to date with match results, goalscorers and possibly a review of each match.

If you would like to play Fantasy Euro 2008, Click Here

Enter 98433-31086 to join our league.

Here are the upcoming matches and the channels you can catch them:

Group Stages

Switzerland 0 V 1 Czech Republic (A) - June 7th
Sverkos 70'
Portugal 2 V 0 Turkey (A) - June 7th
Pepe 61'
Raul Meireles 90+3'
Austria 0 V 1 Croatia (B) - June 8th
Modric Pen 4'
Germany 2 V 0 Poland (B) - June 8th
Podolski (2) 20' + 72'
Romania 0 V 0 France (C) - June 9th
Netherlands 3 V 0 Italy (C) - June 9th
Van Nistelrooy 26'
Sneijder 31'
Van Bronckhorst 79'
Spain 4 V 1 Russia (D) - June 10th
Villa (3) 20', 44' + 75'
Fabregas 90+1'

Pavlyuchenko 86'
Greece 0 V 2 Sweden (D) - June 10th
Ibrahimovic 67'
Hanssen 72'
Czech Republic 1 V 3 Portugal (A) - June 11th
Deco 8'
Sionko 17'
Ronaldo 63'
Quaresma 90+1'

Switzerland 1 V 2 Turkey (A) - June 11th
Yakin 32'
Semih 57'
Arda 90+2'

Croatia 2 V 1 Germany (B) - June 12th
Srna 24'
Olic 62'

Podolski 79'
Schweinsteiger sent off
Austria 1 V 1 Poland (B) - June 12th
Guerreiro 30' (Poland)
Vastic Pen 90+3' (Austria)
Italy 1 V 1 Romania (C) - June 13th
Mutu 55' (Romania)
Panucci 56' (Italy)
Netherlands 4 V 1 France (C) - June 13th
Kuyt 9'
Van Persie 59'

Henry 71'
Robben 72'
Sneijder 90+2'

Sweden 1 V 2 Spain (D) - June 14th
Torres 15'
Ibrahimovic 34'
Villa 90+2'
Greece 0 V 1 Russia (D) - June 14th
Zyryanov 33'
Switzerland 2 V 0 Portugal (A) - June 15th
Yakin 71' + Pen 83'
Turkey 3 V 2 Czech Republic (A) - June 15th
Koller 34'
Plasil 62'
Arda 75'
Nihat 87' + 89'

Volkan sent off
Austria 0 V 1 Germany (B) - June 16th
Ballack 49'
Poland 0 V 1 Croatia (B) - June 16th
Klasnic 53'
France 0 V 2 Italy (C) - June 17th
Abidal sent off
Pirlo pen 25'
De Rossi 62'
Netherlands 2 V 0 Romania (C) - June 17th
Huntelaar 54'
Van Persie 87'
Greece 1 V 2 Spain (D) - June 18th
Charisteas 42'
De La Red 61'
Guiza 88'

Russia 2 V 0 Sweden (D) - June 18th
Pavlyuchenko 24'
Arshavin 50'

Quarter Finals

Portugal 2 V 3 Germany - June 19th
Schweinsteiger 22'
Klose 26'

Nuno Gomes 40'
Ballack 61'
Postiga 87'
Croatia 1 V 1 Turkey AET - June 20th
Turkey win 3-1 on penalties
Klasnic 119' (Croatia)
Semih 120+2' (Turkey)
Holland 1 V 3 Russia AET - June 21st
Pavlyuchenko 56'
Van Nistelrooy 86'
Torbinskiy 112'
Arshavin 116'

Spain 0 V 0 Italy AET - June 22nd
Spain win 4-2 on penalties

Semi Finals

Germany 3 V 2 Turkey - June 25th
Boral 22'
Schweinsteiger 26'
Klose 79'

Semih 86'
Lahm 90'
Russia 0 V 3 Spain - June 26th
Xavi 50'
Guiza 73'
Silva 82'

Final

Germany 0 V 1 Spain - June 29th
Torres 33'

SPAIN WIN EURO 2008!
Fri 11/07/08 at 09:09
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
As long as you have Darren Bent and Zokora in your team Butch i'll play
Thu 10/07/08 at 15:09
Regular
Grandprix wrote:
> I had a quick look at the Euro 2008 fantasy football thing. I won
> my consolation match final by random draw and Nin won his final
> as well. We did Freeola proud! :)
>
> Nin won overall in the Freeola league, although I did better in
> the final stages. Lost too many points in the group stages.

Thank you for not saying how badly I did!
Thu 10/07/08 at 14:59
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, I'll organise a Freeola Fantasy Football competition for the new season.
Wed 09/07/08 at 16:46
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Grandprix wrote:
> I had a quick look at the Euro 2008 fantasy football thing. I won
> my consolation match final by random draw and Nin won his final
> as well. We did Freeola proud! :)
>
> Nin won overall in the Freeola league, although I did better in
> the final stages. Lost too many points in the group stages.

Seeing as your fantasy league for Euro 2008 was quite popular (I missed out due to not paying attention) it may be an idea to look into doing one for the upcoming season.

Could be a laugh...

I normally enter a league with my friends on the Mail of Sunday version (although I can't find any details on that yet) which lets you pick your XI and make 3 subs a week, easy to set up a league also. But I am open to offers if other people have any preferences.
Sun 29/06/08 at 23:33
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I had a quick look at the Euro 2008 fantasy football thing. I won my consolation match final by random draw and Nin won his final as well. We did Freeola proud! :)

Nin won overall in the Freeola league, although I did better in the final stages. Lost too many points in the group stages.
Sun 29/06/08 at 22:38
Regular
"I like turtles"
Not the greatest game ever but the best team won.
Sun 29/06/08 at 21:37
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Germany take control of the early possession and have a couple of chances, 1 from a mistake from Ramos but Klose's control was poor and another was a long range effort straight at Casillas.

Iniesta gets down the left and his cross is deflected towards goal but Lehmann saves. A cross comes in for Torres and it hits the post. Capdevila hits the rebound wide from distance. Fabregas hits a shot saved down low by Lehmann.

Spain take the lead on 33 minutes when the ball is slid into Torres' path and he outmuscles Lahm and dinks it over the onrushing Lehmann. Spain look to double their lead but Silva, in space, manages to miss a great chance.

The lack of clear cut chances for Germany will be worrying at half time as Spain started cruising towards the end of the first half.

Spain continue with control but Germany create a good chance on the hour when they rob Puyol and it comes to Ballack but it flicks the side netting. Germany starting to fire in the crosses to get back in the game.

A whipped in free kick finds the head of Sergio Ramos and Lehmann saves. The resulting corner is cleared off the line by Frings and Spain keep piling on the pressure with Iniesta with a close range shot saved by Lehmann.

Cazorla crosses it to Guiza, who heads it across goal and Senna just can't get a foot on it and turn it in. Less than 5 minutes to go and Spain are in total control.

SPAIN WIN THE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2008!

Thoroughly deserved throughout the whole tournament and Spain shake the tag of underachievers.
Fri 27/06/08 at 13:29
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Heh, these sort of things are a lottery because you usually find that different players do well in each match and you can find it hard to pick.

I don't think I can win it now. All I can hope for is a good score. I am in that consolation head to head final which is nice.
Fri 27/06/08 at 08:22
Regular
Pfft, I caught up to just 9 points behind GP until last nights game.

I'll settle for last place, but I won't be happy if I end the competition on less than 200 points, so that's my aim.

My last team is 100% German players. I think they should find it quite easy against the Spanish defense, there's certainly a height advantage over them anyway. Spain seem to be the favourites, but I need to take a risk to get 200 points+!
Fri 27/06/08 at 03:32
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Spain go to work early and take the game to Russia. Torres gets a good chance after 5 minutes, he has to retrieve the ball slightly behind him in the box, he turns and shoots but Akinfeev saves.

Villa works the goalkeeper low and he saves comfortably. Pavlyuchenko smashes a free kick over the bar and that was Russia's best and only real chance in the first 15 minutes. Ramos hits a speculative effort and it's comfortably saved.

Villa hits a free kick but it's easy for Akinfeev and Spain are easily the better team in the first 30 minutes. Pavlyuchenko tries to curl one in from distance but it's wide. Pavlyuchenko controls a high ball well on the chest but he's under pressure and pokes it wide.

Torres does well to control the ball and turn the defender but doesn't get a clean shot away. Spain probably just the better side in the first half but they go in all square and Spain lost Villa in the first half to injury.

Iniesta works his way into the box and the Russian defence don't track the run of Xavi and he prods it past Akinfeev for 1-0 to Spain. Torres is found in space and tries to curl it into the far corner but his shot goes over as Russia try to get back in the game.

Spain start showing their dominance and a cross comes in for Torres but his shot is wide. Fabregas hits a shot from long range and Akinfeev tips it over. Alonso hits a shot from the corner but it's punched clear.

Russia in big trouble as the ball is dinked in to Guiza's path and he scores for 2-0 to Spain. Russia creating very little with 15 minutes to go. Russia sink without a trace when Fabregas finds Silva in the box and he slides it past Akinfeev and Russia are well and truly beaten.

Russia get a shot on target after 88 minutes but the header was straight at Casillas. Guiza is one on one with the keeper but can't beat him and complete the humiliation. It ends 3-0 to Spain and rightly so as Russia looked lifeless up front.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.