GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Exam Results Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/08/02 at 16:10
Regular
The thread for Boasting or telling us how you screwed up so we don't get a million such threads. As the first batch are out tommorow. Good Luck.
Tue 13/08/02 at 17:48
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Yeah GOOD warning MoJoJoJo, EVERYONE saw it as a warning, oh YEAH.

I don't have a life because I try at school?
Yet you're the 'popular', non-working boy, obviously WITH life.

Sure.

I know perfectly well, just from reading your clever spoofs and obivously good literacy, that you have potential.
You just don't use it, which is sad.

Think before I type?
Rich coming from you?
Tue 13/08/02 at 17:51
Regular
"That's right!"
I would've thought the sarcasm and the (note-) at the end would've made it clear I was joking, and that doing all that is obviously NOT the way to go

And I don't think you have a life because I see you as one of those smug clever people. I've met dozens of people like you, people who think they're better than others because they life their lives differently. You know where those people end up? Some boring 9-5 job, un-married and probably still virgins till the day they die

Yes, I have potential, I'm told that everyday, but I'm lazy. Go figure

Yes, it is rather rich coming from me, great, isn't it?
Tue 13/08/02 at 18:57
Regular
I think you are a decent bloke MoJo but I'm not really sure I agree with your attitude on this one, neither do I think that people should be solely devoted to work and not enjoy life when they are young. Why not just go for a hapy medium and do a bit of both.

Personally, I always have fun, but ultimately work comes first. The way I see it is like this. You're doing what you want now, but what about the future? That's when you'll look back at these days and realise they were wasted.

I'll put it simply:

Do you want two years of hard work now, and twenty years of prosperity after...

or two years of fun now and twenty years of hardwork after?
Tue 13/08/02 at 19:07
Regular
"That's right!"
That's exactly my point, which people don't seem to be getting

I'm living proof that you shouldn't waste your talents (I never continued with Art) or not work (I never did my homework and never attempted to work in lessons) or knock off lessons (I nearly got expelled twice for that at 6th form)

Because I did all that, I'm having to go to college to get more A levels, when I could have got them all in the last two years. I've got to waste one or two years of my life just catching up to the people in my year, who are going to Uni this year.

Don't be like me, kids! Save yourselves!
Tue 13/08/02 at 19:09
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I scived off, did as little as possible and made no effort whatsoever in my A levels and I got D's, was predicted E's.

Chose the damn wrong ones anyway, I'm doing more now and I'm trying and doing well, muha!
Tue 13/08/02 at 19:11
Regular
I thought you were advocating that way. Anyway, I think that a happy medium can be reached - there is no point burying your head in a book constantly, as whilst it may reap rewards on results day, you will probably be left with no friends. Except perhaps books.

Similarly, there's no point neglecting work, because you'll pay for it in the future. Basically, my method is best.
Tue 13/08/02 at 19:32
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Rumney (MoJo) always calls me a nerd. But the fact of the matter is I have fun, and work hard. I have so much free time now I have free periods. I work hard at school, then relax at home.

MoJo claims he's going to be this big famous film director. Maybe that's so, but I think a backup plan by doing well in A levels would be a good idea...

MoJo just stop calling people nerds! Do some work!
Tue 13/08/02 at 19:40
Regular
"That's right!"
Rakuga wrote:
> MoJo just stop calling people nerds! Do some work!

-------

Quiet, nerd

Anyway, I do have a backup plan. Several in fact. The DSS, the police, the army, my dad's business, a life of crime. I always have a backup plan, for everything I do
Tue 13/08/02 at 19:59
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
MoJoJoJo wrote:
a life of crime. I always have a backup
> plan, for everything I do

:P
Tue 13/08/02 at 21:46
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
MoJoJoJo wrote:

> And I don't think you have a life because I see you as one of those
> smug clever people. I've met dozens of people like you, people who
> think they're better than others because they life their lives
> differently. You know where those people end up? Some boring 9-5 job,
> un-married and probably still virgins till the day they die

Bah, I'm not smug! You couldn't be more wrong! Since when did you get that idea?
Was it because I said you'd be a cleaner, and I'd laugh at you, so you AUTOMATICALLY assumed I'm a smug bloke who thinks he's the best?
WRONG!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.