GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Exam Results Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/08/02 at 16:10
Regular
The thread for Boasting or telling us how you screwed up so we don't get a million such threads. As the first batch are out tommorow. Good Luck.
Wed 21/08/02 at 22:34
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Hey, I finally found this topic!

So, all round it seems everyone did well on the whole. What I can't understand is why the pass rate was not 100%. Surely if you got a grade below an E then you would no certificate it? Not only that, but most people would have only carried on with subjects they were good at after AS level anyway.

Well, especially well done to beanz and misterhappy... although I did beat you in the end happy :p I'm sure to see you both in the 2003-2004 boat race in the nearest pub! (Well, I'm not deaf, so I should get into Cambridge next year... surely?) Until then I have a gap year job at IBM near Wincester- nice pay, flexitime, train while you earn. All good then!

Anyway, I'll see you all around!

SonicRav
Wed 21/08/02 at 13:05
Regular
pop. for the Gcse people! good luck tommorow
Sat 17/08/02 at 11:34
Regular
"accidental superher"
yeah those A2s and AS are so easy! i remember being told that the A2s were going to be a lot harder than AS...but they still rely on the boring method of seeing whether you have good memory recall...very rarely do you see questions which challenge you to apply what you know. shame really...
Sat 17/08/02 at 03:40
The 285 out of 300 was for my art

sorry left that bit out
Sat 17/08/02 at 03:38
Cubist wrote:
> did anyone manage to get all A's ? or is that just the girl that was
> on tv (she got 5 all A')

She was from a School near me, Broxbourne, best in my school was AAA, im talking full a-levels though

I got...

ICT A (2 of my units i got 100/100, the others were 92 and 96, very happy with that)
Art B

AS Photography A
AS Product Design C

Im surprised and must say that yes, exams ARE getting easier, I honestly expected a lot less than what I got.

Oh and another point, the first year of 6th form I was in school every day all the time and on time in the mornings, got average grades, next year I turned up when I wanted, skipped lessons, answered teachers back, told them to sod off, and wuped in my grades! I got 285 points overall out of a possible 300 !!!!!!!

So AS students, work less, sleep more and you will succeed

:-)
Fri 16/08/02 at 11:28
Regular
"Long time no see!"
DeltaJava wrote:
"Solskjær, you don't in Wales, do you? That comment sounds like the one from the WJEC exam board (it said the same on my GCSE sheet)."

Nope. I live in Bristol.
It probably says it on everyone's sheet as they're all usually very similar and have the same rules and stuff.
Mine had my AS results on is also.

But i've got a Welsh surname... and i'm not Welsh.
Fri 16/08/02 at 02:16
beanz wrote:

> you can retake physics can't you if it's modular based...
> in january or something

Yeah, but I messed up MAths more so I'm taking two maths modules again, and one from Physics.
Fri 16/08/02 at 01:57
Regular
"accidental superher"
even though the pass rate was 95% or something...one of my friends got 2 Ds and a U and he goes to a public school (i'm not gonna name which one though)...
serves him right for not doing any work whatsoever
Fri 16/08/02 at 00:51
Regular
"That's right!"
beanz wrote:
> oh and in maths as long as you have some really good marks you can
> afford to muck up a paper or two and still get a good grade

-------

I got an E for one of my Sociology papers, but Cs and Bs for the rest, and got a C overall. I always, ALWAYS, manage to mess up one exam, which brings my total score down
Thu 15/08/02 at 22:40
Regular
"wow"
My brother got an A and two B's, he's gonna do law.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.