GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getting your games acknowledged?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/08/02 at 18:47
Regular
OK, here is the situation, the thing i am about to speak about/ask will annoy some of you as i am sure it has been asked before, i don't care and if it does annoy you, then why are you still reading as you know what it will be about from the title!

I, as most people like to create games, i want to be a games designer, i like thinking up plots for Adventure games and RPGs, some may think it is sad, again i don't care!

If someone who knows how you can become one, get a game acknowledged please help me, i am poor at art, so my drawing are always basic but still, Steven Spielberg does stick figure story boards! Look how great he is, like i say, if you know how, please tell me

Thanx in adavnce
Sir Auron
Mon 12/08/02 at 18:33
Regular
"$hit happens"
[email protected]

that is my e-mail and if you wana chat on msn then my e-mail thingy is [email protected]

OK, ill check out that site, thanx
Mon 12/08/02 at 17:06
Sir Auron wrote:
> Thanks mate!
> I may have to look into it, if you spot another one can you let me
> know, incase i miss it!

Np will do.
Can I have your email? If there's another one I'll tell you about it.
Sun 11/08/02 at 22:04
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
If you want to just make games for fun, talk to me ([email protected]).

I've got some easy to use software which requires no programming skills. You can make 2d games easily. Just not 3d.

http://rakuga.cjb.net
Try out "Vardinun Arcade" I recently made for a laugh.
Sun 11/08/02 at 21:43
Regular
"$hit happens"
Thanks mate!
I may have to look into it, if you spot another one can you let me know, incase i miss it!
Sun 11/08/02 at 21:40
I don't really know whether this is totally relevant but: in the Christmas 2001 issue of PC games magazine PC GAMER they had a Diploma challenge (those of you who read PC GAMER may know this). You had to answer 60 general knowledge questions, write a long essay (choice of 3) and three short essays (choice of 6) all on PC games. The person who scored the most marks - the whole thing wasn't easy - would get an interview with Codemasters to become a games designer. You could get First, Second or Third grade Diploma if your score's good enough.
They MIGHT do another one similar to that this year; and if they do, go for it.
Sun 11/08/02 at 21:31
Regular
"$hit happens"
Kluczynski Federal wrote:
> hi my name is max williams and i didn't know you were into gamming
> programming as i have been for some time mr e. i use java and c ++

C++ is a lot harder to use than BASIC but like i sai you can borrow it sometime!

The whole mr.e thing, i take it is meant for mr. Emmerson, yah?

ok max i think you been sniffing paint, because that name you came up with, well never mind. Lol
Sun 11/08/02 at 21:23
Regular
"$hit happens"
Thanks fantasy!

Oh and max, you can borrow my Dark basic as you do not need the CD, if you can do some programming you will like it as it allows you to make games!

Plus you never txt me back! Little hill billy!

I'll prob text you soon, you better tb or i'll hunt you down and......
Sun 11/08/02 at 21:07
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/start_here/

^Great resource for starting out in games development^
Sun 11/08/02 at 21:03
"i gotshot in chicag"
a good thing to start is mr marc is to buy codewarrior lite it costs £50 but this is the very best and won't ever need any new software. codewarrior lite means you can't sell any of the games you make fort money, for that you need just standard codewarrior which is over £300, the thing is that both programs are the same, so well worth it i have got a bout 4 years back and still use it a lot. you cna't borrow it though as it is for a apple macintosh, unless it is multy platform in which case you can, i will go and see you doin't need the cd in the drive like some other software somyou mget £60 free from me
max

ps i ain't german or have anyfing to do with hoitler and his friens
my name k
Sun 11/08/02 at 20:56
"i gotshot in chicag"
hi my name is max williams and i didn't know you were into gamming programming as i have been for some time mr e. i use java and c ++

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.