GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The OFFICIAL TOCA Race Driver post."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/08/02 at 10:49
Regular
I know you love my OFFICIAL posts. So here is my most anticipated game ever! Woooo!

PSW Review-

Good points-

Tons of great cars
Tons of great tracks
Highly entertaining racing
Many hours entertainment
Superb crashes and damage
Fast, detailed, and smooth graphics
Great sound
Huge lifespan

Bad points-

Graphics sometimes unattractive
Trracks not tottaly precise.

PSW- 9/10
Sat 10/08/02 at 08:54
Regular
"  "
Yeah apparently the reason it was delayed so much was so they could sort the frame rate and glitcyness out. Do you really think they would make us wait if it was going to be pants? If it was still like it I would have expected another delay. Dont fret! Also that demo was taken from the game in June when Codies were ready to give the July issue of OPSM2 the demo, hence it 80% complete. And we all know the final stages go into making the game look nice.
Sat 10/08/02 at 00:22
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
frame rate is a bit up and down, you'll have to read Nat's post on the other Toca topic to found out Codemmasters comments. I',m sure Codemasters will sort it for final release, 14 days and counting.
Fri 09/08/02 at 17:54
Regular
I havn't seen the problems your talking about? But then again I've only seen one video of it moving. Theres nothing worse that a glitchy and rough looking game and if it is true what you say, then I hope they sort it out quick or I'll wont buy it either. Gran Turismo 3 is still the daddy in my eyes.
Fri 09/08/02 at 11:56
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Here's an opinion from another message board after someone played the demo:

"oh dear.. I really hope it's an early demo 'cos this is f***in awful. Frame rate is up and down pap, only one really bad behind car view which almost touches the boot, the in car view (over bonnet) isn;t much better, pop-up, visuals suck and even though the damage system looks pretty cool, driving alongside a car that's just been rear-ended shows serious glitching (one sec the damage is there, the next it isn't)..If this isn't an early demo I'll cancel my order quite seriously..
Hopefully someone from Codies will save the day and say it's a very early demo.."
Thu 08/08/02 at 22:37
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Im going to claim it as my GAD, as from what I've seen, the game could and probably will replace GT3 as the PS2's best racing game. Only a couple of weeks left now.
Thu 08/08/02 at 21:32
I CAN'T BLIMMIN' WAIT!!!

:)
Thu 08/08/02 at 15:26
Regular
"  "
No its Codemasters published and developed, like the other THREE games.
Thu 08/08/02 at 14:40
Regular
I've seen the video to the new toca game and it looks like gran turismo 3! It's graphics look on par with it any way.I have a little question though. Is this new toca game made by the same team that made the other two toca games? Or is it a differant team entirely, just hiding under the codermasters vale?
Thu 08/08/02 at 10:42
Regular
"  "
Read the other post :D
Thu 08/08/02 at 10:42
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Nat, I can smell your sweaty palms from here .....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.