GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is Anybody Interested in MGS2 substance?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/07/02 at 12:04
Regular
Admit it,MGS2 was a tad disappointing.The FMV sequences were to long and the plot was hard to follow at times.Well, Konami are hard at work on MGS substance.For starters you get MGS:SOL (but dont worry you dont have to play through it all over again)but with loads of extras included.It will have loads of new missions including over 200 VR missions.You will also have new weapons including swords!And one mission sees you as snake on a skateboard grinding around the big shell.The really bad thing is that its not out until spring 2003 and lets hope its worth the wait!
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:26
i hope they do include the skateboarding as it would make it a much more varied game (although i dont know how it would fit into the plot)
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:27
Regular
"Hmmm....."
http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=1843

Thats what im going off.....

But then again, Konami couldve hoaxed a hoax to make everyone think that its not in the game when people have seen news leaked out.... and just want it to be a suprise again or something.

But for now, im happy thinking that its not in the game.
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:29
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Well, I don't mind if it's in the game or not, but it would be quite good if it was.

OPS2 say it is in the game.
SR say it isn't.

I'd normally trust SR, but the story you found was from almost 2 months ago, so Konami might've decided to put Snakeboarding back in since then.
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:31
do you think it will be as good as tony hawks 3?(the 'snake'boarding)
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:31
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
They should put the skateboarding in. They put it in the video, so it's pretty much false advertising if they leave it out.

I didn't buy MGS2, I'm not a fan of either one, but I might be tempted by Substance...
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:41
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
That'd be pretty nifty, wouldn't it, to be dashing around The Plant on a skateboard :D
Ah, but it wouldn't be just any skateboard, though - it'd have all those gadgets, bit like James Bond.

:-)
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:45
it would be cool if it had rocket boosters or an ak47 attached to the front
but it doesnt look like it has (after my careful observations to the pic in front of me)
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:51
Regular
Talking about hoax pictures i remember when i saw those pics of perfect dark 0 and it was all cel shaded.
that scared me half to death and it would be a bad thing, but this skateboarding would a good one i think.
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:53
the sword is for raiden and you can deflect bullets(like the ninja on MGS2) although i dont know how youll control this.He also wears a ninja suit.
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:55
the VR missions are a mixture of cel shading and wireframe models which is probably a bad thing

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.