GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is Anybody Interested in MGS2 substance?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/07/02 at 12:04
Regular
Admit it,MGS2 was a tad disappointing.The FMV sequences were to long and the plot was hard to follow at times.Well, Konami are hard at work on MGS substance.For starters you get MGS:SOL (but dont worry you dont have to play through it all over again)but with loads of extras included.It will have loads of new missions including over 200 VR missions.You will also have new weapons including swords!And one mission sees you as snake on a skateboard grinding around the big shell.The really bad thing is that its not out until spring 2003 and lets hope its worth the wait!
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:04
Admit it,MGS2 was a tad disappointing.The FMV sequences were to long and the plot was hard to follow at times.Well, Konami are hard at work on MGS substance.For starters you get MGS:SOL (but dont worry you dont have to play through it all over again)but with loads of extras included.It will have loads of new missions including over 200 VR missions.You will also have new weapons including swords!And one mission sees you as snake on a skateboard grinding around the big shell.The really bad thing is that its not out until spring 2003 and lets hope its worth the wait!
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:09
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Actually, I quite liked MGS2. And yeah, im waiting for Substance, should be great.

And that skateboarding thing, it was a hoax..... so just let it go.
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:12
I did enjoy mgs2 but i hated the first one.Im not hoaxing about the skateboarding cos ive seen pictures of it!
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:18
Regular
first of all i also found the game disappointing, i dont have a ps2 but mates have so i played it, also i thinking your being a bit to quick because when MGS2 was released everyone was hyped up about it but like you said, disapointing, so maybe this substance game could be to. And another thing that FMV sequence at the begining th emotion blur ruined it, in my opinion.

and the skateboarding thing it is really as i too have pics in front of me and it uses Konamis own evolution skateboarding engine.
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:19
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Yes, I'm interested in MGS2 Substance.
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:20
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I don't think it's a hoax.

In the latest OPS2 magazine they reported that you had to do missions while going around on your skateboard. The Big Shell has been sort of turned into a half pipe. They've apparently play tested it also.

I'll go check again.
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:21
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I know that theres pics of it...... ive seen them myself!

But SR reported that it was a hoax, go find the news story or something.
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:22
do you think that the MGS2:substance skateboarding could give tony hawks some competition?
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:22
Regular
Hurn wrote:
> I did enjoy mgs2 but i hated the first one.Im not hoaxing about the
> skateboarding cos ive seen pictures of it!

I'm not a MGS fan so I don't know whether the skateboarding is real or not, and to be quite honest, I don't care.

However, I know that just because you've seen pictures, it doesn't make it real.

Team17 made up some really good fakes of alien spacecraft appearing in Worms 2 and posted the pictures over their website!

So many people got excited over it that when April 1st came, Team 17 announced it as a hoax.

So even the creators can make fakes just to draw your attention!
Sat 27/07/02 at 12:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
According to that mag, "One mission will see you grinding and doing handplants round the Big Shell - excited yet?"

Whether they've actually play tested THAT particular bit isn't confirmed yet...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.